best intake manifold

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
deacon,
yeah, i hope so too. will have to wait and see.

westcoast,
i myself would like to see numbers because only then you can determine if your money was well spent. because i don't want to become someone who spends tons of money on certain mods that don't yield significant results. also you'll need to see numbers to determine the direction that you'd need to go to get those results. some people could be biased when you ask them 'hey, this product can give me how much horsepower?' and they'll go like '10 hp no problem one leh!' you get the idea. :P btw, have you got any top speed results based on your Neo? if you don't mind, i'd like to know what are the top speeds you've been getting.

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
Is the J5 tuned with a wideband lambda or just setup based on previous estimates? Like i've Saw's putra's dyno graph and it had some pretty wonky air fuel ratio going.

WestCoast

Known Member
Mar 26, 2006
whatdamn koko not i dun wan to see it in number but my place here no dyno machine 1 lah..heheh..i live in kampung alor star.^^ paddy bowl. sumore i prefer my own feel more is be cz i fear if sumday i go to the dyno machine i'll be dissapointed by the dyno result and dun wana mod car anymore >.< (same like u say 1 la spend so much money on nth) i like to lie myself kua.heheh
topspeed havent try b4 after piggyback installation but b4 installation my topspeed is around 190kmh oni near 190 but never exceed tat number.maybe is due to the close ratio gb i use from 4g92 dohc non mivec engine.pickup do improve tho

WestCoast

Known Member
Mar 26, 2006
oh ya there's a quest i would like to ask u whatdamn since we r using the same car.obviously we all do knw tat by switching off the air conditioner while we TARIKing our machine does a tiny lil magic as it really adds a little more power to our machine's performance.yes,it does magic but it's diff between switching the air conditioner on and off is very,very little only.what im curious about is why izit the diff between switching the air cond on n off is so huge? i mean like when i turn off the air cond while driving my car feels like some kinda terlepas beban n accelerate more RINGAN (sorry poor english) n then if i open the air cond again it feels like TERTARIK againu can even immediately feel the diff of the car's performance by playing on the air cond on off switch..wat's the problem tat made so much diff?? izit my aircond belt rosak or wat problem had occur on my machine? or my air cond wana rosak edi?

WestCoast

Known Member
Mar 26, 2006
oh ya there's a quest i would like to ask u whatdamn since we r using the same car.obviously we all do knw tat by switching off the air conditioner while we TARIKing our machine does a tiny lil magic as it really adds a little more power to our machine's performance.yes,it does magic but it's diff between switching the air conditioner on and off is very,very little only.what im curious about is why izit the diff between switching the air cond on n off on my car is so huge? i mean like when i turn off the air cond while driving my car feels like some kinda terlepas beban n accelerate more RINGAN (sorry poor english) n then if i open the air cond again it feels like TERTARIK againu can even immediately feel the diff of the car's performance by playing on the air cond on off switch..wat's the problem tat made so much diff to my machine?? izit my aircond belt rosak or wat problem had occur on my machine? or my air cond wana rosak edi?

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
Air cond in a modern Proton is like a bit like vtec. Slow when its on and fast when its off. Actually.... that would be the opposite of vtec hahahahah!

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
deacon,
i've been informed by megat (charlie's son) that they already have the maps for various cars. which leads me to think that it's mapping from their R&D...which is why they do recommend you to dyno post-J5 to further fine tune the mapping.

westcoast,
hmmm, i seem to have a similar top speed which from my model, shows 109.92 whp. but don't take my word for it, if you do get a chance to get your car dyno'd pls, PM/email me your dyno sheet so i can further improve my model. regarding the air-conditioning thingy, i think it's because with the aircon switched off, there's less load on the alternator which would mean that you'd have less losses to the wheel and vice-versa when switched on.

WestCoast

Known Member
Mar 26, 2006
hahah k
anyway the figure of the whp u claimed is from a stock or modded 4g93?
and wat's the suspension u using for ur machine? so far u havent share me wif ur mod yet lerrrrrrr~~

WestCoast

Known Member
Mar 26, 2006
oh ya can we jz plug n play type r intake manifold on our 4g93?

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
westcoast,
my model does not take into account mods done. it's based on power required to overcome air resistance, which is why i need to know the top speed that you could maintain. unless the vehicle has a speed cut, then that's a different story. already mentioned my mods in the previous page. as for suspension, i'm using local titans with max caster shock mounts with 9kg/mm spring rate in front and 6kg/mm with stock rubber mounts at the back.

WestCoast

Known Member
Mar 26, 2006
sounds like ur a top speed maniac..no offence lah ^.^
but actually i dun drive tat fast tat often jz long long once i usually dun go more than 160kmh even on highway..safety 1st man

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey sifu's out there need ur help......i hav considered doing a twin cam conversion and haf bought a twin cam head frmo a GSR which is ported and polished for my enjin which is a 4g92p.....would i lose or gain power after conversion...cuz hav been hearing both commentys from ppl
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience