Ban on 2nd hand imported cars in 2010

Well, for people who change car like changing clothes or like to buy expensive re-cond cars then it might be a "big issue" for them. For people who are just in the modification line, I guess as long as the government don't say "ban on japanese car parts / no more imported half cut by year 2xxx", then there should be no worries. hahaa.

Buy a 120k Altezza? Or a 150k S15? Or a nearly 200k RX-8? How about drop a freakin' V8 in my old junk that only cost no more than 7k including all the labour charges and stuffs? I'd choose the last option.

Just my point of view. Cheers.

wait a sec... ban on recon car only rite... but still can buy 2nd imported car from local used car rite?

1298 said:
Well, for people who change car like changing clothes or like to buy expensive re-cond cars then it might be a "big issue" for them. For people who are just in the modification line, I guess as long as the government don't say "ban on japanese car parts / no more imported half cut by year 2xxx", then there should be no worries. hahaa.

Buy a 120k Altezza? Or a 150k S15? Or a nearly 200k RX-8? How about drop a freakin' V8 in my old junk that only cost no more than 7k including all the labour charges and stuffs? I'd choose the last option.

Just my point of view. Cheers.
Hahahha..... Life in America is wat you looking for,rite????? When you got that sort of money, you won't want a junk with V8......

Ban on re-cond car is to open a way to let the main distributor to totally gain control of the market..... Honda wont import DC5 becos they got a lot of competion from 2nd hand dealer...... When the market is under control by a single distributor, more sports and exotic car will be brought........ So far Mitsubishi has started to bring in EVO9, Mazda will be brought in New MX5 end of the year..... When the Japan free trade kicks off, hopefully those cars that doesnt compete with local manufactured car will be given a lower tax charge........

Last edited:
KeV-TEC said:
wait a sec... ban on recon car only rite... but still can buy 2nd imported car from local used car rite?
negative, one of the reason to ban recon car is to prevent importer to "make" a new car as recon and import it with lower tax and hence earn more profit.

Honestly, I dont hink that by using the local distributor, prices and models will become better.

Look at the famous UMW/Toyota story until today? Sad model line up and pricing is out the window. In comparison to the full toyota lineup.

Mitsu/Honda recently took over their local distributors likeKah Motor. whom we all know at one time just wanted to tell Civics 1.6 at higher and higher prices every year.

BUT... that said, did you know the talk about stopping RECOND CARS has been going on since 2003? it has been postponed and postponed until 2010?

Lennon said:
Hahahha..... Life in America is wat you looking for,rite????? When you got that sort of money, you won't want a junk with V8......

Ban on re-cond car is to open a way to let the main distributor to totally gain control of the market..... Honda wont import DC5 becos they got a lot of competion from 2nd hand dealer...... When the market is under control by a single distributor, more sports and exotic car will be brought........ So far Mitsubishi has started to bring in EVO9, Mazda will be brought in New MX5 end of the year..... When the Japan free trade kicks off, hopefully those cars that doesnt compete with local manufactured car will be given a lower tax charge........

Still, I think these distributors should bring in 2nd hand cars them selves as well...not everybody can afford new ones with their exorbitant prices......and some people who like older models of some imported cars won't be able to bring them in themselves after 2010 if that stupid rule really does apply to all.........

On a side note, honestly, the main reason why people bring in 2nd hand imported cars is because, really, some of these models that are already in Malaysia have been abused....like in really bad condition..so the only way to get a good condition one would be to import in one themselves..albeit 2nd hand...and the price of cos.....:regular_smile:

Lennon said:
When the Japan free trade kicks off, hopefully those cars that doesnt compete with local manufactured car will be given a lower tax charge........
the japan free trade thing only benefit japan car.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom