> b16a

speaking abt tuning an engine 2 obtain 10,000rpm.....wat sorta management would u recommend?coz AFAIK,not all management(b it piggyback or standalone) haf parameters up to 10,000rpm or even more,right?
so far,i only haf experience w VAFC whc i m quite certain doesn't haf parameter for 10,000rpm(so long never play w it dy,gotta start my car n press press abit,hahahaha).....

n i do agree w u abt d B16B being a high revving monster due 2 it's r/s ratio...1 of d best frm factory money can buy......tho i hardly hit my 9400rpm rev cut,dis B16B haf served me well compared 2 my previous B16A.....wch went KABOOM in less thn a year after it's 2nd full rebuild....hahhah...can still feel d pain.....

do share w us ur experiment regarding d cam overlaps..wat cams u plan 2 tune w?

speaking abt tuning an engine 2 obtain 10,000rpm.....wat sorta management would u recommend?coz AFAIK,not all management(b it piggyback or standalone) haf parameters up to 10,000rpm or even more,right?
so far,i only haf experience w VAFC whc i m quite certain doesn't haf parameter for 10,000rpm(so long never play w it dy,gotta start my car n press press abit,hahahaha).....

n i do agree w u abt d B16B being a high revving monster due 2 it's r/s ratio...1 of d best frm factory money can buy......tho i hardly hit my 9400rpm rev cut,dis B16B haf served me well compared 2 my previous B16A.....wch went KABOOM in less thn a year after it's 2nd full rebuild....hahhah...can still feel d pain.....

do share w us ur experiment regarding d cam overlaps..wat cams u plan 2 tune w?

Actually no piggybacks have parameters to tune an engine to obtain 10,000rpm. To do so, first have to find a chip that has mapping up to 10,000 rpm, then use the VAFC to tune/detune the fuelling to get max power. One has to remember that piggyback only 'cheats' the ecu into reading a column lower than it's supposed to, it doesn't even control the injectors directly, that's why it has to have the original ECU, because the injector drivers are driven from the ori ecu. Not sure about newer piggybacks like emanage ultimate and the unichip version ?? (dunno what version now already), but if they can actually control fuelling and ignition directly, why still bother with the ori ecu?

All standalones can push 10,000rpm, heck more than 15,000 is possible.. You can't add the number of boxes in the ECU mapping, but you can push them apart further..
Say, ori hondata got boxes 600,900,1300,2400,3.000, 3400,... until 9,000.rpm
What I'll do is put them based on what the engine likes to get a smooth afr, but spread apart further. so maybe instead of jumping 300-400 rpm per each row, I jump 500-600.. lower rpms don't really require such a fine tuning to get a smooth afr, so I can easily map until 10,000rpm.

As to what management, any standalone will do.. depends on the tuner knowing how to set to 10,000 rpm or not.. some tuners don't dare, because they are afraid the engine will blow, and the owner blames the tuner. That is why I'm particular about who does the assembly, and how much clearances the parts have. you should watch how the japanese build type R engines and you'll understand how careful they are so that they can sell engines revving 9200rpm lasting for YEARs with just an oil change.

Of course, I personally like hondata because it's in english, I only need a laptop and a RM5 USB cable to start tuning. Also because when I feel like it, I can do a video overlay (I think you saw the video last time already, got RPM, Gear, IAT, ECT readout so can see how well you drag/drive)

If powerfc, I have to buy the harness seperately, and get the software (which isn't freely available, even though got the english version).

If AEM EMS, too damn expensive (but I like the system.. more features than people will use, lol)
like hondata, but BETTER! Dual stage injection, four ignition outputs, and many more aux inputs/outputs. Imagine running a B20B with 8 stock 240 injectors running two stages with one coil per cylinder.. that one is really a dream for me.

If FCON V PRO, nihongo ga yomimasu ka. dekimasen desho.. :P

And then when you survey the price, I think your choice will become clear.. hondata dropping price quite a bit already.

As for the cams, will be running standard type R only but with larger overlap.. by how much dunno yet. that I can answer when I clay the engine... my compression is only 11.5. :P can run 95 ron if the prices go crazy.. :P

Last edited:
WHAT?ur gonna build such a terror engine but plan 2 run RON95 just cause of d price hike?OI!!!dun play car lar..hahahah..jjk....but seriously,how can u run RON95 in a 11:5 comp engine?dun tell me ur gonna retard d ignition kaw kaw just 2 suit d RON95,if dat's so,again,dun play car lar?hahahahhahaha..............
damn it's Friday..abit hyper liau!.....

WHAT?ur gonna build such a terror engine but plan 2 run RON95 just cause of d price hike?OI!!!dun play car lar..hahahah..jjk....but seriously,how can u run RON95 in a 11:5 comp engine?dun tell me ur gonna retard d ignition kaw kaw just 2 suit d RON95,if dat's so,again,dun play car lar?hahahahhahaha..............
damn it's Friday..abit hyper liau!.....

Oi, I said if the prices go crazy la.. read properly!! hahahaah.. now still using RON97.. :P

Anyway, 11ish CR no issues using ron95, and don't need to retard much :P.. Because in real life, the dynamic CR counts, not the static CR.

thn how come muh stock B16B w Toda B runs like a freaking retarded D15B whn i pump RON95 ar?i only haf VAFC only.....nothg fancy on muh car.....

thn how come muh stock B16B w Toda B runs like a freaking retarded D15B whn i pump RON95 ar?i only haf VAFC only.....nothg fancy on muh car.....

igntion retard required la.. that one definitely.. I said 'don't need to retard much, not no retard required' but if retune, actually don't lose that much. Got B18C here making 175hp with RON95 already. not as high as the original 180+, but doesn't run like a retarded D15 :P

I tuned it, then wondering why the torque cannot increase and when i increase the ignition, just started knocking.. then ask the owner, he said he fill up RON95.. lol... Mau jimat... so buat je la. But had to cheat a bit to get power.. have to run a bit richer and not reduce advance so much.. so in the end, the fuel consumed might be more than RON97 anyway (500ms added injector duration not exactly a lot of fuel if you use the litre unit).. so exactly how much, I dunno.. that one only owner can track.

if you just retard, no knocking, but also lose a lot of power.

Last edited:
hahha....i think u guys haf been reading wrong posts n tot dat's me.....most tech post w proper knowledge being thrown in is by Shiro n not me..i know zilch....i only know how 2 drive fast......kindly 4ward ur tech questions 2 Shiro n i'm pretty sure whn he's free,he'll answer w proper points...

Knowledge needed :)

Q1) What's is piston (with diff diameter, what diff) & rod & high cam actually? These 3 component. What they functions as? As I've been reading, I need to make sure these 3 are changed (whether in B-series or K20) in order to make sure revving more comfortable and safe for the engine.

What is their use and what does diameter diameter piston makes?

Q2) What's the difference between Stage 2 or 3 cams and high comp pistons?

stage 2/3 cam are camshaft. high comp piston is piston. thats the diff.:proud:

no harm googling for it....u'll usually get better n more accurate answers....
gd luck

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom