B16a Ecu

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
if you notice the engines that have knock sensors have higher compression ratios like the dohc vtecs. obviously for the detonation/pinging that usually occurs with the higher compressions.

as for as i know for sohc vtec, only the latter 1.6 model comes with the knock board. the rest doesnt come with it.

tuned chips disable knock sensor for extreme high-rev performance.

so if the factory engine and ecu does not come with knock facilities, dont be alarm unless your mechanic wants to make money out of you. hehe.

jingut_04 said:
sorry to ask,how look the knock sensor board?i'm using SOHC Vtec(local model)is it mean my ECU have no knock sensor board(even last time facing knock sensor error) & my mechanic ask to change.

p/s:mie,kalo ada gambaq,kasi post tgk

dont use lah knock sensor.. later ur car cannot catch those fast white EK from serdang..

sincerely

p08 heheheh

Can anyone enlighten me with this ECU chip thingy .

I am rather confuse the stock B16A ecu and the rechip version with spoon and mugen ECU ..... when they say performance better , can someone tell me better in what sense ? I am a bit blur at this point

the chips open the injectors longer at high rpms.

with good aftermarket extractor and intake.. you should see some gains on the upper rev ranges. As to how much, there's no fixed number.

There's a lot of fake chips/copied chips as well, so beware.

Last edited:
How to determine fake or copied as we pay so much what are we to expect besides this iMprovement ?

improvement only happens if you have enough supporting mods.

fake or not.. ask for certificate of authenticity lah.. all the original ones have it. :P

some copies work fine.. some have problems.

D_clothes said:
How to determine fake or copied as we pay so much what are we to expect besides this iMprovement ?

fake chip/copied chip dun have originial brand sticker. instead sticker with handwriten.

sticker oso can copied nowlah hattech.. just take colour laser printer and sticker paper. :P

i noticed the tuner or shop like to rip all the tags from the p08 ecu. if its a manual p08 its a good start. p08 auto will deter the performance altho there is no check light. there is some jumpers that needs to be solder and desolder.

hattech-v said:
muahahahahaa...btw, i got p08 ecu with rechip for sale.. hehe

P08 rechip ecu that u are selling is manual or auto ecu? how much taiko hattech v? hehe...

Top Bottom