• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

DJgErM

4,000 RPM
Feb 16, 2005
SIC Turn 7 & 8
www.germ.cjb.net
Taikor n sifus,

my kenari is auto now..but i really dislike the high FC n also the slow pickup..

wats ur advise?to change or not too

(p/s:i m willing to sacrifice my left leg...keke..during jam :D )

maggot

Jun 6, 2005
PJ
up to you ler. but honestly you don't want to get stuck in a jam for more than an hour with a manual. you will start to curse when your left leg starts to tremble.

maggot

Jun 6, 2005
PJ
i changed my wira 1.6 xli (auto) to a GSR (manual) and yes, FC of my GSR is a lot lower despite it being 1.8 turbo. my former engine would only last 240km with 50 bucks worth of petrol while the current unit 380km. why i change is because wira's auto really suck. 1.6 can't chase a punto 1.4 that kinda suck. the other reason is because my auto transmission is dying (bleeding heavily). and finally, i chose a manual is because i miss driving one.

DJgErM

4,000 RPM
Feb 16, 2005
SIC Turn 7 & 8
www.germ.cjb.net
wow...ok...it seems that mine is more or less like urs...playing wit auto doesn't give u the kick cos its not responsive,slow pickup n high FC...so do u have any half cut shop to recommend me?

gsrTurbo9166

500 RPM
Apr 23, 2005
DJgErM said:
wow...ok...it seems that mine is more or less like urs...playing wit auto doesn't give u the kick cos its not responsive,slow pickup n high FC...so do u have any half cut shop to recommend me?
so go for l900
it is a good turbo engine n wif auto transmission

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
If rebuild auto box with performance parts... can easily outrun manuals and withstand 500whp. Cost is a lot but you keep best of both worlds.

Stock auto box is for comfort / economy use only.

DJgErM

4,000 RPM
Feb 16, 2005
SIC Turn 7 & 8
www.germ.cjb.net
thx for the advice bros

i can't afford going for turbo charge engines...aiks...

n my current stock auto gives me a high FC...aiks

DJmobile

500 RPM
Dec 13, 2003
manual more fun to play wif also mah...

somore improve skill on driving :D

PetrolHeaD

500 RPM
Dec 15, 2003
maggot said:
1.6 can't chase a punto 1.4 that kinda suck.

well fyi the 1.4 punto is a turbo lah....:p

but fuck man 240km is fucking horrible....

aku_sangap

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2004
Tengah Laut
Visit site
punto gt 1.4 turbo damn fast wei!!..dont play2...eheheh....yep, manual better, more pick up, better fc..etc..etc...but auto, heaven during traffic jam!!.....

p/s: tiptronic, streptonic..whatever tonic better laa...good for both world!!

antaras

Known Member
Aug 30, 2004
KL
Visit site
true true... auto box is much slower and higher FC... I'm driving 1.6 auto too. really disappointed with the performance and @#%@ high FC!!! but then again, I'll be cursing even more in the morning and evening when i'm going to work and coming back. imagine having to crawl for almost 1 hour on the road every morning then another hour at in the evening for 5 days a week! Damn, don't think i'll be giving up my auto box soon...

blur_civic

500 RPM
Oct 8, 2004
KL/PJ
acbc said:
If rebuild auto box with performance parts... can easily outrun manuals and withstand 500whp. Cost is a lot but you keep best of both worlds.

Stock auto box is for comfort / economy use only.
know anywhere which provides proper rebuild? :)

amad108..

Known Member
Jul 27, 2004
maggot said:
i changed my wira 1.6 xli (auto) to a GSR (manual) and yes, FC of my GSR is a lot lower despite it being 1.8 turbo. my former engine would only last 240km with 50 bucks worth of petrol while the current unit 380km. why i change is because wira's auto really suck. 1.6 can't chase a punto 1.4 that kinda suck. the other reason is because my auto transmission is dying (bleeding heavily). and finally, i chose a manual is because i miss driving one.
i'm really sad to hear that, but my wira 1.6 running at 50bucks got 400km, why ur one really bad ar?

d3s

500 RPM
May 1, 2005
KL
Ya.... same here my 1.6 RM50 can go 400 - 450... but mine manual la...
but urs 240 walau... is like... drinking water man...

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
auto or manual totally depends on u...FC wise,is just an excuse...if u like to play car,do this,do that,den manual..if u are just using the car as to get fm point A to point B,then auto.end of story... :D

maggot

Jun 6, 2005
PJ
amad108.. said:
i'm really sad to hear that, but my wira 1.6 running at 50bucks got 400km, why ur one really bad ar?
when i trade off my engine for RM 500 during the conversion, i was told not only my gearbox is leaking and bad gasket but i have a toasted throttle body as well. in other words, the engine is fucked!

oh... the punto 1.4 (or is it 1.3?) i was referring is not the old cili padi punto 1.4GT but the new one with long tail lights. as far as i know, the new punto GT is a 1.8 dohc n.a.

Last edited:

icecube

500 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
i dunno why everybody is complaining about your left foot for manual during traffic jam.... its my right foot tat is sore,, have to press oil and press brake all the time,, the clutch is just up and once the car is moving u just left it and rest your leg.
i been in 1 hours plus traffic jam and never regret driving a manual kenari. only regret that cant use column shift with manual only... jhahah... so i think auto driving during traffic jam is more or less the same as manual...

kher

1,500 RPM
Aug 30, 2004
Klang, Selangor
Visit site
icecube said:
i dunno why everybody is complaining about your left foot for manual during traffic jam.... its my right foot tat is sore,, have to press oil and press brake all the time,, the clutch is just up and once the car is moving u just left it and rest your leg.
i been in 1 hours plus traffic jam and never regret driving a manual kenari. only regret that cant use column shift with manual only... jhahah... so i think auto driving during traffic jam is more or less the same as manual...
Coz clutch is harder than the acccelrator n brake lor. So u hav to control something hard up n down ma become tired lor.

Then mayb some of them referring to the racing clutch...Tat 1 muz really put force to press it.

imshirazy

Nov 3, 2005
seriously, i live near NY and am in traffic jams A LOT...never once has my left leg become tired and i am definetily in traffic jams for over 2 or 3 hours at points. Either you guys have weak legs...or aren't using a standard correctly...do you guys hold down the clutch even when the car is slow or not moving at all?!?!!!?!?!?!
It's not like it's hard to just pop into neutral if you're not moving or going slow.

Ok well a standard has almost every benefit over auto except for "ease" since autos don't need to manually shift, my opinion is that an auto is the lazy way out. Standards are more gas efficient if driven without revving a lot or maintaining low gears @ high speeds. Manuals have higher redlines, by almost 2000 most of the time therefore you can stay in a lower gear for longer therefore more accel when you need to get out of somewhere quick. Standards have more control on the road and you're less likely to wear out your brakes because you can use your gears to brake AND your brakes therefore you slow down A LOT faster. Going slow you can go into a larger gear therefore keeping your rpm near idle speed saving gas. Standards are definetily more fun to drive and generally you just have more control of the car. You have better acceleration (if you know when to shift) more gas efficiency more control and braking power.
The only advantage of an auto is not having to shift, or if you carry a drink when you drive you don't constantly have to put it down.
The kind of auto trannys that shift faster than any person can on a manual are WAY too expensive to even suggest, and even then they are limited to a certain amount of horsepower so that the gears aren't damaged during shifting