ask for opinion....about spark plug

ooo .....finally i knew it oredi .....

thanks brothers here .....hehe ....now let me save some money 1st ......too many thing not yet installed to maintain my lovely b8!!!!

anywhere, thanks to u all .....

so in lay man terms the more efficient flow of fuel results in lower exhaust temperature's...

VF10 said:
afc 5 button not accurate arr? no laa... Lan D uses that thing until now..

5 button is the easiest to set compared to safc blue screen, and yes blue screen has more function... of course laa... the price oso differs maa. but according to Lan D safc II is the best... can set align with boost level... correct arr?

ok...5 button is good..and cheap. can control the fuel at one level throttle. the blue screen is better. control 7 range of rpm that u choose to set and has low throttle fuel setting & high throttle fuel setting. better then the 5 button.
the safc II...hmmm...when the product came out, i was wondering what is the latest feature that comes with it. some say fuel can align with boost level & rpm level...but i searched through the Apexi web, there is no pressure sensor/map sensor that comes together with the unit. meaning, it cant control fuel at boost level. the new features are to set at low and high throttle for 10 points of rpm if i'm not mistaken and has a knock indicator. hmmm....i'd go for the SAFC I(1st blue screen) if were given the choice since the SAFC II is rm250++ more expensive then the SAFC I.

9188 said:
how to set the afc 5 buttons??
wah....can set allign with boost!!!.....not bad....sud b nice to use...

if the SAFC II can set align with boost level & rpm level, a 3-d mapping, then the full set e-manage will lose its market. The aftermarket company will never sell 3-d fuel mapping at a price same with the SAFC II at brand new.

JarsOfClay said:
so in lay man terms the more efficient flow of fuel results in lower exhaust temperature's...

that's how we deal with bigger turbos and the air/fuel ratio mixture. the 900'c of egt reading is where u put your sensor at the manifold before the turbo. if put after turbo i.e. at the downpipe, the warning temp will be lower i.e 750'c but i would suggest cucuk at the manifold.
900'c is the at least safe point for the engine, this is basic principal. but dont be surprise if you set the fuelling during max boost at 3rd gear at 880'c, when u floor at 4th gear, the egt climbs further up! hehehe...in other words, i would suggest to set the egt at 900'c during full throttle & max boost u desired at 4th gear and 5th gear.
my egt is always not more then 850'c.
but since i changed to walbro, my egt hardly goes more then 820'c now whether at 1bar/1.1bar/1.2bar. for information, a pump's lph will drop a little by a little as the boost goes higher and higher. higher flow pumps will be more effective then normal pumps at higher boost level. a friend shared about comparison between 10 fuel pumps, walbro has the best pressure lph at higher boost 1bar and above.

and like ong said, even though you've set your egt cun-cun, dont be surprise if on the dyno roller, your engine is a little lean...not lean, just a little lean.

icic....avcr can allign with boost if not mistaken.....previously i was using rb25 pump...it's good.....but too bad after few months kong d.....then change to evo3....evo3 pump is like not so good compare to rb25....for me la.....
when using rb25 pump, i set pressure at 3.5 - 4bar can c black smoke d....means very sufficient for me....
but now evo3 even i set 4bar is like not enuf.....

of course lee S-AVCR can allign with boost...because S-AVCR is a boost controller. Black smoke at early rev lower gears doent mean enough fuel....the fuel are not well burnt, becomes wastage.

wau !!!! Sweat man .....i read all the information untill i sweat......really good la .....senior here taught me so much .......thanks to all senior here .....hehe ...

all the best !!!

but bang Lan, as i know that Walbro is very expensive one rite? is around rm450-rm500 izzit ?

as wat u said, a good fuel pump will create or make lower EGTwhen we goes higher bosst izzit? hope my understanding is ok la ....hehe ...

so then if my car have those equiments like walbro fuel pump, vr4 injector,s-afc II, with good a/f ratio, izzit mean that i can go higher boost like 1.2 bar -1.5 bar ? then EGT temperature will be lower rite ?

thanks for ur information......

b8t_ford said:
but bang Lan, as i know that Walbro is very expensive one rite? is around rm450-rm500 izzit ?

as wat u said, a good fuel pump will create or make lower EGTwhen we goes higher bosst izzit? hope my understanding is ok la ....hehe ...

so then if my car have those equiments like walbro fuel pump, vr4 injector,s-afc II, with good a/f ratio, izzit mean that i can go higher boost like 1.2 bar -1.5 bar ? then EGT temperature will be lower rite ?

thanks for ur information......

expensive? i dont think so. how much did u buy your vf10 plus installation costs? if u can afford to have that, means u can afford to get walbro pumps. more over, the rule of thumb of upgrading will still be upgrading the fuel pump 1st.

during high boosting, the fuelpumps lph/flow will be lower and lower due to high pressure built. it's logic isnt it? i hope u get what i mean. and in the comparison between a few pumps, walbro is good at high boost. but there are other much better high end fuel pumps in the market. so dont just take my word. a vspec r34 is good, the sard pump is good, etc etc.

yes egt will be safe provided u tune the SAFC at your desired boost. unless if you have an engine management, with good fuelling system and also engine can tahan, what ever boost u run, the afr and egt is cun. i've seen few cars running on engine managements, they boost 0.8bar also afr and egt cun, they boost 1.5bar also still cun, afr & egt readings just like 0.8bar, they boost 2bar also still cun. they dont boost also cun! why? that's because engine management allows 3-d fuel mapping, fuel alligned with boost and rev and their fuel delivery system is well built.

just wanna ask...

does e-manage blue considered as engine management? or is it piggyback? i don't think it's a stand alone device rite?

its a piggy back management but can control fuel according to boost & rev. what i understand is, for a basic e-manage, cheap right? that's because it only controls the fuel like what safc does. spend a little bit more, can map the fuel according to boost as well. according to ju-on, there a few sensors comes together with this extra charge. also there is harness to over ride the ecu signal to the injectors when the ecu has max output the duty cycle of the injectors. how they set it? yet to learn.
spend a little bit more, can even get the ignition timing harness where can control the ignition timing according to boost and rev. how nice huh?
well....when i have a thick pocket, maybe i wanna try e-manage. thomas did talk about the functions of the e-manage the last time i went to visit him. we were gathered in circles and thomas was in the middle briefing about e-manage...like schoolboys and the teacher only...hahahaha

haha .....thanks bang Lan.......i oredi get wat u mean here .......fully understand .....haha ....such a good knowledge.......so much things need to learn oh......

let me get all those equiments 1st , then install them, then dyno.....see how good my engine can perform .....hehe ...

thanks ....all the best ....

any1 knows where n when r they having the dyno competition for the xtreme nite??? i heard is at links izit?? time n date??
any b8 is goin to compete??

the competition is for the xtreme nite.....xtreme nite fri n sat at bukit jalil....go c the website....lots of ppl goin...

Top Bottom