ask for opinion....about spark plug

thanks abang lan...
v all here to improve our knowledge and application in what v are most interested
in that is the passion for mazdas &fords::regular_smile:
:regular_smile:
cheers

JarsOfClay,
i'll tell whatever i know the most. If i'm not certain about it, i'll get opinions. we are all under one roof.
about your question, changing the fuelpump but maintaining the injectors might help if you're going fo a standard boost i.e. 0.6bar. well, i'm not so sure about it. i would suggest u to get an EGT meter for monitoring. u'll know when your engine needs more fuel feedings.

in the earlier stages of my VF10, i did tried to maintain the bpt injectors but with a fuel pressure raised to 45psi with the help of one xtra injectors. at 0.8bar 3rd gear, egt showed more then 900'c....its still not enough.

Lan Dugong said:
JarsOfClay,
i would suggest u to get an EGT meter for monitoring. u'll know when your engine needs more fuel feedings.

mostly people who had egt they will feel scared to full throttle while looking the egt climbing madly hehehe..

flatlander,
EGT helps a lot in monitoring the engine's condition. unless if have xtra money to invest, the wide band O2 sensor & meters are much better gadget to monitor the engine's condition.

EGT wont climb madly if fuel is sufficient. with EGT meter, feels much safer to full throttle.

wide band?? dam exprnsive man.. around RM2k at N1shop.. and the sensor can use for 80,000kmh only..

i think i also had to use EGT lorr.... just incase something happen..

that's the price for wide band. every 80,000km change the sensor.

flatlander,
yes i would highly recommend u to use EGT. it's good when u're planning to keep on upgrade. but i heard, the brand new meters now all mahal already. Used EGT is hard to find.

used EGT usually comes without sensor lor.. hard to find complete set.

thankx bro lan,looks like have 2 search for a egt& injectors la now...

wah wah wah !!!! i really very out date la in this.......so sad ..
brothers here, do u all mind tell me wat is EGT? wat is the full name for it...?
how does it function? how it helps to our engines?

another things is izzit ok if i pasang Air/fuel Ratio meter ?

wah,my car got still alot of things not yet install oh.like SAFC,Injectors, FuelPump,and the thing call EGT(donno wat is that .....hehe ), i think still nid around 3-5k to install all those things ,rite sifu sifu here?

thanks ......wah ....i think i better go serch internet 1st....hehe ....

thanks ..... all the best.....

Last edited:
EGT= Exhaust Gas Temperature meter and sensor.

rm3k-rm5k? not that much la brother.

SAFC 5 button = rm350 used.
SAFC blue screen = rm550 used.
SAFC 2 blue screen = RM750-RM900 used. brand new dont know how much because i dont have money to buy brand new...hehehe...

Fuel pump=rm180 to rm450. see what brand u want, brand new or used. Walbro pumps are very good.

VR4 injectors is good enough, a lot and easy to find = rm180 to rm250.

EGT = last time got sard egt...i'm using that one for 2 years already until now. rm600 brand new. now i heard, the sard is no where to be found as they started to bring in electronics meters with controllers and huh! they are expensive! maybe someone here can clarrify this.

Jars of Clay, if u buy bigger injectors, u need an SAFC. i recommend u to go for this option. after that, spend another rm150(which is much cheaper the the EGT) to go for SAFC dynotuning. with the rb25 fuel pump, injectors,safc, u car should be able to be tuned to get good a/f ratio. just my 2 cents bro.

one more thing, bigger turbo gives higher flow of air. change the intercooler to frontmounted for better result & response. the engine needs cold air to breath.

bro lan, i already got a 5 button safc and a vr4 intercooler...is that sufficient?so it's cheaper to dyno compared 2 fixing a egt...hmmm sounds good bro...thanks man...anything else i should do?

oo ..understand .....but ,wat is purpose for using this EGT? y it seem like so important ?
SAFC 5 button and SAFC BLUE SCREEN , wat is the different on it ?

My intercooler also at infornt oredi and it is VR4 one ......, hehe ....ok i will buy VR4 injector soon ....hehe ......
thanks brother LAN.....

the purpose of egt meter is to c ur exhaust gas temperature.....if the temperature raises....tat means running lean... ( is it? )
afc 5 buttons is not so accurate in tuning n only can set 5 points of rpm ( rite? )
blue screen can set more than 5 points.....

afc 5 button not accurate arr? no laa... Lan D uses that thing until now..

5 button is the easiest to set compared to safc blue screen, and yes blue screen has more function... of course laa... the price oso differs maa. but according to Lan D safc II is the best... can set align with boost level... correct arr?

how to set the afc 5 buttons??
wah....can set allign with boost!!!.....not bad....sud b nice to use...

Kia spectra GTX?I Heard some Kia rojak with B8tebo.Is it right?Hmmm????

9188.... tuning safc 5 button is the easiest. got 5 button.. then pusing saja..

with EGT installed, u at least need one reference tempeture for u car. u cant simply get lan D 900 degree as safe point for ur car because maybe the sensor u put is diff compare to lan D one n also the car setup.

proper way is get ur car run at dyno, proven best A/F ratio. then copy down the tempeture at EGT. that will be ur reference point. let said 800 degree at WOT n u also have good A/F reading. so next time, when u WOT the car then u see the EGT go up 900 then u know something is wrong because the tempeture is run away already.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom