Aftermarket Suspension Experience

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
now my car also scratching bumps if i fetch ppl at the back....heheh

hi,..

I bought d TEIN adjustable coilover 2 months ago,.. Hi/Low & Soft/Hard... not much information on this abs..

anyone know how many level of S/H this abs can go... 0-16 click level ka?

so far from installed until now not yet touch on the S/H level yet.. might wanna try to.

handling on coner is superb ... ne:biggrin:

Tein so exspensive!! If can afford those are the ones to go for...has anyone changed their Neo's suspension?

What would be a good set up?

i am using Tein HA as well on my putra.
Cornering is superb
BMW can move aside.

my settings are 7 clicks from the softest for the front and 14 clicks from the softest from the rear.
4 fingers at the back and 3 fingers at the front.

No issues with tyre hitting fender
no issues with car sinking down when carrying heavy load.
my set comes with front camber plate or some call it .......shit i forgot what it is called d at the moment.=P

basically, if u have the moolah, this is the abs to go for.
I previously wasted nearly 2k trying on different sets of springs and abs.... should have just listen to my instinct earlier and went fully adjustable from the beginning, could have saved me 2k which is around the price i got my set of Tein.

i am using Tein HA as well on my putra.
Cornering is superb
BMW can move aside.

my settings are 7 clicks from the softest for the front and 14 clicks from the softest from the rear.
4 fingers at the back and 3 fingers at the front.

No issues with tyre hitting fender
no issues with car sinking down when carrying heavy load.
my set comes with front camber plate or some call it .......shit i forgot what it is called d at the moment.=P

basically, if u have the moolah, this is the abs to go for.
I previously wasted nearly 2k trying on different sets of springs and abs.... should have just listen to my instinct earlier and went fully adjustable from the beginning, could have saved me 2k which is around the price i got my set of Tein.

woo... DarkAccoon,

u bought new set em...:biggrin: cost u how much? Actually i bought 2nd hand la from fren... but to go for max stiff how many click is it? currently i set front 8 click & rear 8 click as well. front gap & rear gap is 2 fingers high. So far conering & road bump not problem at all with 4ppl in car.

but just wanna to know for max stiff how many click for the Tein HA coilover huh?? my fren didn't told me wow.. any advise??

i believe somedays, v wil flatten al da illegal n not standard speedbumps in malaysia

Yes, especially kajang (*&^%$#@!!!)

Bump:
woo... DarkAccoon,

u bought new set em...:biggrin: cost u how much? Actually i bought 2nd hand la from fren... but to go for max stiff how many click is it? currently i set front 8 click & rear 8 click as well. front gap & rear gap is 2 fingers high. So far conering & road bump not problem at all with 4ppl in car.

but just wanna to know for max stiff how many click for the Tein HA coilover huh?? my fren didn't told me wow.. any advise??

Yes, TEIN HA is superb, compared to last time i use HWL, TEIN is so much different!

I have tried diff ride height with TEIN, and tested high speed 190kmh, no matter tall or low, car stick to the road. 100% satisfaction !!!

I use to hate SIME ASTAR all my life, but with 28psi on my front and 27.5psi on my back, and with the HUGE help from my TEIN, seems like I can make full use of SIME ASTAR's ciplak grip and it's even good enough for autoX practise.

AMAZING !

viostar,
today lunch time i go n check out my TEIN HA and find out how many "clicks" and let you know :)

Last edited:
DarkAcoon...its call adjustable pillow ball mount

xD

Bump:

Yes, TEIN HA is superb, compared to last time i use HWL, TEIN is so much different!

I have tried diff ride height with TEIN, and tested high speed 190kmh, no matter tall or low, car stick to the road. 100% satisfaction !!!

I use to hate SIME ASTAR all my life, but with 28psi on my front and 27.5psi on my back, and with the HUGE help from my TEIN, seems like I can make full use of SIME ASTAR's ciplak grip and it's even good enough for autoX practise.

AMAZING !

viostar,
today lunch time i go n check out my TEIN HA and find out how many "clicks" and let you know :)

bro,... thank you check & see the information for me ya!!!

b'cos my 1 maybe old type tein ne.... hard to know is it correct HA type or it is the modify type.

I try to take some picture than post for you guys to have a look.

TQ:biggrin:

dear viostar,

my TEIN HA has total 26 clicks on the soft-hard setting :)

:)

i liv nearby thr, usin cheras kajang highway everyday. my place oso got alot of stupidly built speedbump esp just outside my houz which both side park cars tat i cant drive zip zap. if i fetch 1 or more passenger sure wil kena. thn my mum went 2 complaint 2 da site office, i luv my mum:proud:

yalah, these stupid bumps, some are not even 1/2 feet size, spoiling our suspensions ! knnccb :banghead:

dear viostar,

Bro,...

soon i will upload my tein coilover picture here, than pls check for me c either same as your's 1 not?

gtg liao tomorrow need outstation...

come back than oni upload the picture here... TQ

Bump:
dear viostar,

Bro,...

soon i will upload my tein coilover picture here, than pls check for me c either same as your's 1 not?

gtg liao tomorrow need outstation...

come back than oni upload the picture here... TQ

just 2 share my experience using GAB

i used to drove waja 1.6 and lowered it down using GAB height adjustable that comes with the AVCS (auto valve control stability). bought it for RM1700 since it was the most affordable for me at that time. But the softness of the suspension was uncomfortable for me as i drove my car for daily use. It tend to get even softer as time went by.

After a year of using it, i brought my car to a workshop to adjust the height and found out that one of the spring got stuck and i couldn't adjust the height after several attempts made by my mechanic.

I'm not sure if GAB is a good product since i only used it once. Maybe others can share their good/bad experiences on the reliability of GAB. This time for my new ride I'll go for TEIN. Most of the times I received good feedbacks from their customers.

my TEIN HA has 24 clicks.

and yes, i got the name d, adjustable pillow ball mount.
silly me totally could not remember yesterday.

and yes i do agree with you all, upgrading from GAB to TEIN is like heaven and hell.
I bought mine 2nd hand also
even though it is 2nd hand, it handles so much better than my previous GAB when new.

yeah, my GAB kinda died on me after 1st year, and the following 12 months of using it was totally relying on my sparco springs that time.

Changed to TEIN, go at 230 on my putra seems so..... stable and responsive. Dun feel wobbly at all.

my TEIN HA has 24 clicks.

and yes, i got the name d, adjustable pillow ball mount.
silly me totally could not remember yesterday.

and yes i do agree with you all, upgrading from GAB to TEIN is like heaven and hell.
I bought mine 2nd hand also
even though it is 2nd hand, it handles so much better than my previous GAB when new.

yeah, my GAB kinda died on me after 1st year, and the following 12 months of using it was totally relying on my sparco springs that time.

Changed to TEIN, go at 230 on my putra seems so..... stable and responsive. Dun feel wobbly at all.

so bro,... wat is the setting for front & rear ? I mean soft/hard...:biggrin:

I currently put front & rear same 12 click from soft to hard... but wat the is best setting ne? to suit highway & town road....:hmmmm:

might to share....:adore:

1 side edi oil leakage but oni little bit... where to service it... :hmmmm: send to N1Racing ka? or others shop might can as well?

:driver:

just 2 share my experience using GAB

i used to drove waja 1.6 and lowered it down using GAB height adjustable that comes with the AVCS (auto valve control stability). bought it for RM1700 since it was the most affordable for me at that time. But the softness of the suspension was uncomfortable for me as i drove my car for daily use. It tend to get even softer as time went by.

After a year of using it, i brought my car to a workshop to adjust the height and found out that one of the spring got stuck and i couldn't adjust the height after several attempts made by my mechanic.

I'm not sure if GAB is a good product since i only used it once. Maybe others can share their good/bad experiences on the reliability of GAB. This time for my new ride I'll go for TEIN. Most of the times I received good feedbacks from their customers.

same problem was mine, mine was install in getz, start was nice, not bad. after 1 year the car more bouncing ard like ball...from puteri ldp to sunway...like driving tank ard...cant stand with it.
some say the gab absorber is too hard and bouncing. is it??

i wanna change..any advise??

ok, viostar, i just realized that, front has 26 clicks but back has 21 clicks

DarkArcoon,
the most significant thing is, the faster you go, your car stick to the road like magnet. as if you are slammed into the ground from a huge force from above.....right ?

Monkey,
IMHO......GAB and HWL entry level for street tune, they dont lasts. Unless you order those specially customized for your car, which costs more than RM2300++ but only thats the price for hi-lo with matched coils

For RM2300 u can buy recond TIEN HA liao, which is FULLY ADJUSTABLE and comfortable than HWL....hehe

Last edited:
Top Bottom