AFC Neo on my Celica VVTL-i

shaharel

Known Member
Dec 11, 2008
Dear Sifu's,

Need help. My car originaly equipped with this AFC Neo but unfortunately somebody had played with it and mistakenly car cannot start . Then try to find the function and I reset it (initialized). Then I manage to start my car . But I don't have the time to do the tuning yet for the time being. If I set the correction for the Air Map OFF, will it damage my engine slowly? Please advise anybody!
Thank you in advance.

NFS

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Main function of AFC is to control your Air and Fuel ...

Consequences without the previous setup, ur running to rich or to lean ... both is no good.

But if your ride have no major upgrade ... stock engine with just AFC installed ... then no worries ... without the setting your car runs like a factory standard.

Hope my explanation helps.

shaharel

Known Member
Dec 11, 2008
That is my problem now. I don't know what the previous owner did with the engine. What I'm afraid of if it runs lean. Might damage the engine right? Any set-up recommendation on how can I increase the fuel? Hantam tune rich a bit (temporary) and drive to KL for tuning. Long distance from Terengganu to KL afraid rosak the engine pulak. External modification only can see HKS muffler and HKS open pod (mushroom). Internal?? Not sure.

NFS

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
based on your external mod ... it wouldnt be of any harm ...

but don't take my words ... try to locate any tuners in terengganu ... AFC hv lots of tuners ... Terengganu shud hv workshops for modified cars right for sure ...

don't panic bro ... try asking around 1st.

shaharel

Known Member
Dec 11, 2008
Bro,
Manage to find tuner in Kemaman today. Tune on wheel. The mechanic manage to tune and advise. But then there is a problem during 5k - 8k RPM where unable to get the correct A/F (lean mixture). Even tune to max +50% also cannot get correct mixture. He advice maybe due to weak fuel pump operation and proposed me to change to new fuel pump (recommend WALBRO) to fit it. The fuel supply to the fuel rail also does not have any return back to the tank. So no fuel regulator can be added.

Question:

1) If use Walbro, will the AFC able to tune the fuel flow rate as the flow rate of the Walbro fuel pump is quite high which normally fit to turbo! Summore no return line.. Only one way flow. Afraid over fueled!
2) The standard fuel pump is the type together with the float. I don't know how the mechanic going to fix the Walbro in. Affraid later fuel level gauge kaput pulak.

Please advise if it is ok I proceed with the above modification.

Thank you in advance.

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
there have been many cases already altezza fixed with walbro.. no problems. u worry too much.

NFS

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Bro,

just bump on this post today ...

For Celica we can't say much ... as we're not using Celica :P

Try to post ur Question in Celica owner thread ... I'm sure they would be helpfull :) in answering ur Q related to Celica ...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Power 7/10

Acceleration wise, the 2L 4cyl twin scroll turbo has enough to entertain, not a lot to impress, and doesn’t frustrate. Though at times, its thrust feels constricted, almost resembling a 1.6L turbo instead, but a very good one. Engine revs start off rather weak from idle and quickly picks up from 3,000rpm onwards, offers good throttle response from mid to top end.

The i30N really...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience