about suspension

markii

Known Member
Apr 21, 2005
i have seen some rubber stuff that look like water hose pipe inserted in the spring. what is this for?

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
usually inside that "water hose pipe" look-a-like would have a sponge. It's meant for a guard which is to keep out dust and particles from entering the valve and seals.

correct me if I'm wrong

simon

Known Member
Mar 31, 2005
isnt that small water hose or rubber pipe inserted onto the springs to protect the springs & prevent any creaking sounds when the springs compress...or to protect the springs from rusting...i think so lah

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
haha.....i guessed better take picture...and show us which "water hose"...kekeke

markii

Known Member
Apr 21, 2005
look like normal waterhose lerr..like rubber tube u know??...it is inserted in the spring before installing on the car

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
The "water hose" slotted in between the coil of the spring's end is to prevent scuffing of the coil during load.

IN other words, to avoid the coil from touching.

WHen the coil touches, the abrasion tears the coated surface off the coil and the springs start to corrode.

dennisdreams

Known Member
Feb 15, 2006
that's the "local" way to reduce spring making noise. mostly existed in lowered spring cause first 1~2 round of the spring is closly compress together and they makes very un-pleasen noise when you went over uneven road surface. !causion! the rubber tube will cause water to collect in the pipe hence your spring surface will rust faster than normal.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

sifu2 sekalian,
recently notice there's small rust underside of the front hood.
11 years old car so is expected but don't wanna let it go untreated.
any proper guide to fix it?
google it and kinda vague also just sand and prime it.
but also see a lot troublesome technique using heavy tools.
please help. :adore:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience