suspension rubber

qkfxxxx

Jan 12, 2007
currently my car i feel is too low so i ask my mechanic to rise it abit. but mine is non adjustable so he asked me to put some rubber part. what is this rubber that supposedly will rise the suspension abit? is it expensive?

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
currently my car i feel is too low so i ask my mechanic to rise it abit. but mine is non adjustable so he asked me to put some rubber part. what is this rubber that supposedly will rise the suspension abit? is it expensive?
Actually it is called as rubber bush that Taxi always use it..
very cheap only...
Check at the search forum abt this.. there is a treath abt this...
Good Luck...

qkfxxxx

Jan 12, 2007
owh...ok thanks..btw if i add on this, the car wouldnt be as bumpy also right?

dennisdreams

Known Member
Feb 15, 2006
owh...ok thanks..btw if i add on this, the car wouldnt be as bumpy also right?
Actually it works this way, the rubber is sited on the base/top of your spring which it rest on the absorber base/mounting. It's work is lift your car ride a bit higher (normally 0.5~1 inch) For your rides is bumpy, that would means that the gap between your absorber's "shock bump(the rubber thingy which sit around your absorber's shaft)" and your absorber is less than 1 inch. To get comfortable ride, it's strongly recommended that the space between them to be keep over 1.5 inchs.

cik_yat

Known Member
Aug 31, 2006
Miami
wandianagarageinc.blogspot.com
i use the 3inch rubber for my rear wheel combine with standard spring and kyb gas abs.. so far not too bumpy.. maybe coz got ARB.. but cornering not so good..

dennisdreams

Known Member
Feb 15, 2006
3"~ sound your car is riding a bit higher than it should be. i think your tire had about to lift off the ground already.

cik_yat

Known Member
Aug 31, 2006
Miami
wandianagarageinc.blogspot.com
sound like dat.. but its only bush height... the gap only rise 1-1.5 inch.. coz standard bush already 1 inch...

qkfxxxx

Jan 12, 2007
Actually it works this way, the rubber is sited on the base/top of your spring which it rest on the absorber base/mounting. It's work is lift your car ride a bit higher (normally 0.5~1 inch) For your rides is bumpy, that would means that the gap between your absorber's "shock bump(the rubber thingy which sit around your absorber's shaft)" and your absorber is less than 1 inch. To get comfortable ride, it's strongly recommended that the space between them to be keep over 1.5 inchs.
hmmm dont really understand...u r not talking about rubber hose inserted into the spring are u?

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It’s not what you’re thinking, this isn’t the rumoured two-door baby Cayenne from Porsche but is the work of UK-based tuning firm Merdad. They let slip on the project back in September and now they have some real life shots of their Cayenne Coupe that debuted in London last month...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience