6A12 Mods

-e f i n i-

Known Member
I was wondering,
as we all know,
there are quite a few versions of 6A12 available in the market, of which two of them are
6A12 with Mivec 200ps and Twin Turbo 240ps.

- Almost same case like a Mivec 1.8 hybrid, Can I have a Mivec 6A12 head then mate it with the block from the Twin Turbo version, making it a Mivec with the internals of the
twin turbo version? Then maybe add the turbokit and then make it a V6-TT Mivec? It should be possible right, seeing that they are both of the 6A12 family.

- There are 2 versions of the twin turbo 6A12 that i know of, 215ps and 240ps version , which is stronger, but how do i know which engine im getting from the halfcut?

- I heard that the pair of turbochargers that 6A12 is using is only equivalent to a TD05?

- I don't see many aftermarket performance parts for 6A12 in the market. Actually, I havent seen any! Are there any performance parts for it like HKS, Blitz etc?

- I once read somehwere in this forum that the 4WD system from the 6A12 can be changed to FR, is it true? if it is, is it legal to do so? I know 4WD convertion isn't but, is FR conversion from a 4WD legal?

- I've also read many different versions of posts saying that 6A12 4WD can just bolt right into a Perdana and the other says some cutting welding will have to be done, so which one is true?

- The first generation of Perdana is using a 4G63 4 cylinder engine right? is it labelled as Sei? If i wanna convert that model into a V6 6A12 engine, is the mounting different? or does it just go in right away without much mods to the mounting?

- Other than 6A12, what other engine conversions are there for Perdana? Evo 4G63? If so, which version? Evo4 onwards? Will it be a hassle to put the engine in and also JPJ?

- If i use a hybrid 6A12 meaning 6A12-TT block + 6A12 Mivec head (if it can even be done!), can I use the 6A12-TT 4WD gearbox?

- Whats the difference between Mivec and Mivec MD?

These are the questions currently troubling my mind.
Thanks.

more info please PM ramsing..
he has produced 490Nm of torque out of his V6 twin turbo and made 300over HP's at wheels.. so u should get advise from him

RAMSING
v6
x2 ihi b8 210 turbos
microtech,
510cc x6
and many more..
pm him..

Wahaha, a long list question. ok i'll share with what i know.

1. yes. u can. but its not going to comes cheap and to find a V6 mivec head only is not easy. sames goes to V6 turbokit.

2. this one i duno but afaik the speedometer of 240hp version is white colour one. so if your halfcut do complete with speedo meter, u can check it frm thr but bear in mind, its not foulproff.

3. The each stock turbin on 6A12TT was TD025. i wun say its equivalent to a TD05 as a single TD05 turbin can anytime outperform a dual TD025.

4. Yes, not much out there. what u can do is only like change performance air filter, exhaust system and others was all custom mod job.

5. Accorsing to i know, V6 version need some mod but Sei version dun really need to. normally the 6A12TT halfcut comes with 4wd auto tranny but doesnt incluce the 4wd drive parts inside like rear axle kind of thing. it need to purchase seperately. Actually its illegal to have 4WD but not FWD. so to convert frm 4WD to FWD, its legal as many wira evolution done that.

6. Yes, the 4 cylinder version of Perdana is under Sei model. mounting mod need to be done minorly to fit the V6 engine in but its not a big job.

7. Basically its the Evo 1-3 n Vr4 engine more straight forward conversion as the mouting almost the same as Sei model. But for Evo 4 and above, the engine mounting is diff. Evo 4 and above engine mouting is like Waja type.

8. Erm... according to this question, the only thing i worry is the gear ratio might be having some problem only. not too sure though.

9. Mivec MD is more for economic driving performance.

try to do a search for old posting. all this question had been discuss for many times before. this is the only reason why i can see why no plp reply to your posting.

oh i see normality thanks... i will do a search once im free from school work!~
>.<
thanks for your answers

Originally posted by ramsing@Feb 23 2005, 10:29
but still lose to black satria.... :P not fair la.
hehehhe
black satria also yours ma!

does not make a diff also..
both running low 11s :)
same la!

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom