6a12 mivec v6..MOds..maintainance and tune up!

hornydrifter

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
KEY EL!
I'm going to upgrade my engine to mivec fto v6 soon..did a lot od reseach on this engine..it seems that it got little to none aftermarket support for this engine...I tink mitsubishi over rated this engine as 200hp..it seems the auto model on wheel only produces around 140-155hp while the manual [email protected] got my hand on a a manual hafcut fto..and trying to do wonders with this engine..i noe the hardship of getting parts and aftermarket parts for this engine...but it not going to be "full on 3 months cash job"..its a long term project..,its not going to be a drag engine,dyno queen or track machine..just trying to get a realiable 200hp@wheel day 2 day car..

Aftermarket support fro this engine so far..kelfort,kent cams,vortechsuperchargers,and RPW..

Guys..need ur brains and opinions on this...hope for the support and ideas..

patru

Nov 15, 2004
since parts are limited, easiest way to gain power (but not that easy to do) is to bot taken from 6A12TT and paired with decent piggyback.

but since you already knew that aftermarket parts were limited for this engine, you may want to revise your engine selection.

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
Instead of 6a12tt, i would suggest 6a13tt from galant vr4, 2500cc will provide you enough torque you need to pull heavy car, what car are you driving?

hornydrifter

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
KEY EL!
since parts are limited, easiest way to gain power (but not that easy to do) is to bot taken from 6A12TT and paired with decent piggyback.

but since you already knew that aftermarket parts were limited for this engine, you may want to revise your engine selection.
Nah..want this engine..nice sound bebeh..
btw..no turbos...to hectic..
how bout this spec..

bench and port flow the head (nasty port flow,usj)
70mm Rpw Throttlebody.
cam gears..eterna turbo intake..
high com piston..as the stended comp quite low..onli 10:1..

Block mod...(very hard to find)
6a13 block...from galant turbo...2500cc
mivec 81mm piston..as the bore and pin size is the same.
full balance block..
all will be achieve in 2-3 years time..(giler nak buat cpt2..no money!)

horsepower [email protected] no cams yet..
cams..rpw got made for this engine..how bout that guys?..ok..any more sugestion without the block mods?

Bump: 6a13 2500cc...block..very hard to find...
i reckon with all in there..with nice sets of cams...full balance and with good tuning..will get me around [email protected] block..around 200hp..no cams..(balance block..

patru

Nov 15, 2004
Nah..want this engine..nice sound bebeh..
btw..no turbos...to hectic..
how bout this spec..

bench and port flow the head (nasty port flow,usj)
70mm Rpw Throttlebody.
cam gears..eterna turbo intake..
high com piston..as the stended comp quite low..onli 10:1..

Block mod...(very hard to find)
6a13 block...from galant turbo...2500cc
mivec 81mm piston..as the bore and pin size is the same.
full balance block..
all will be achieve in 2-3 years time..(giler nak buat cpt2..no money!)

horsepower [email protected] no cams yet..
cams..rpw got made for this engine..how bout that guys?..ok..any more sugestion without the block mods?

Bump: 6a13 2500cc...block..very hard to find...
i reckon with all in there..with nice sets of cams...full balance and with good tuning..will get me around [email protected] block..around 200hp..no cams..(balance block..
no idea about the 2.5 block as i never seen it around here. the mods that
you have listed are tempting but i think the engine still off from 200hp mark
at the wheel.

mine you there were few fto's i seen before and most of them were around 140-150'ish
hp atw with intake + exhaust mod. you may need to do more than you have listed to gain 50hp at the wheel.

hornydrifter

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
KEY EL!
no idea about the 2.5 block as i never seen it around here. the mods that
you have listed are tempting but i think the engine still off from 200hp mark
at the wheel.

mine you there were few fto's i seen before and most of them were around 140-150'ish
hp atw with intake + exhaust mod. you may need to do more than you have listed to gain 50hp at the wheel.
Thanx a lot bro for the info140-150hp is the auto mods..my reseach tells me that auto tranny eats about 20hp @wheel,whre the manual..can make aroud 160-170 stended....my aim is just bout 200hp...any more leads?
seen one in south africa..in of of their lancer/fto conversion...
Intake mods..mild porting,cam gears,high comp gasket..(11:1) and a 65mm throttle with nice tuned length exhaust manifold (RPW)..+ 2.3 inch exhaust...management they're using..im not sure..but its use a aftermarket piggyback ecu..making 183hp@wheels..

patru

Nov 15, 2004
Thanx a lot bro for the info140-150hp is the auto mods..my reseach tells me that auto tranny eats about 20hp @wheel,whre the manual..can make aroud 160-170 stended....my aim is just bout 200hp...any more leads?
Intake mods..mild porting,cam gears,high comp gasket..(11:1) and a 65mm throttle with nice tuned length exhaust manifold (RPW)..+ 2.3 inch exhaust...management they're using..im not sure..but its use a aftermarket piggyback ecu..making 183hp@wheels..
n/a engine benefit a lot from an advanced and revised ignition timing map. if i'm not mistaken, fto's ecu isn't rechipable so you need a stand alone ecu for this. you may choose a cheaper option such as e-manage (which is way cheaper than a stand alone unit) but e-manage capability to alter ignition timing is so-so only (i was told around 25%+/- from factory values).
A fully tune-able ecu allows you to increase your CR significantly with minimum chances of detonation/pre-ignition.

p/s: basic ingridient for high performance n/a engine are very high CR and very advanced ignition timing.:nurse:

hornydrifter

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
KEY EL!
n/a engine benefit a lot from an advanced and revised ignition timing map. if i'm not mistaken, fto's ecu isn't rechipable so you need a stand alone ecu for this. you may choose a cheaper option such as e-manage (which is way cheaper than a stand alone unit) but e-manage capability to alter ignition timing is so-so only (i was told around 25%+/- from factory values).
A fully tune-able ecu allows you to increase your CR significantly with minimum chances of detonation/pre-ignition.

p/s: basic ingridient for high performance n/a engine are very high CR and very advanced ignition timing.:nurse:
management wise...i just got my hand on a second hand microtech lt10s and microtech dash handheld..so thanx for the info...but im concern bout the Very high CR..is it drivable for day to day use?..and our malaysian octane is quite low..onli 97...can tahan ar without knocking...?

patru

Nov 15, 2004
management wise...i just got my hand on a second hand microtech lt10s and microtech dash handheld..so thanx for the info...but im concern bout the Very high CR..is it drivable for day to day use?..and our malaysian octane is quite low..onli 97...can tahan ar without knocking...?
usually the engine knocks when engine load is high at low rpm rpm because the ignition timing is too advance (OR the CR is way too high). the technique of 'pusing distributor' isn't effective as you eventually will adjust the whole range of the timing instead of adjust at certain rpm area. since you will be getting a stand alone, you can alter the timing at the lower rpm (maybe retard a bit) without affecting higher rpm timing.

since fto CR is 10:1, bumping it to 11:1 or even 11.5:1 is still on safe side with RON97 fuel + very hot ambient temp. get a CAI to add some 'insurance'.

hornydrifter

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
KEY EL!
usually the engine knocks when engine load is high at low rpm rpm because the ignition timing is too advance (OR the CR is way too high). the technique of 'pusing distributor' isn't effective as you eventually will adjust the whole range of the timing instead of adjust at certain rpm area. since you will be getting a stand alone, you can alter the timing at the lower rpm (maybe retard a bit) without affecting higher rpm timing.

since fto CR is 10:1, bumping it to 11:1 or even 11.5:1 is still on safe side with RON97 fuel + very hot ambient temp. get a CAI to add some 'insurance'.
ooh..so its ok still lar...11;1...how bout the cams...got any info how to get one of these slightly aggresive cams...put aside rpw and kelfold...any aother brands?

patru

Nov 15, 2004
i have no idea where to get aftermarket cam for fto beside from rpw or kelford.
but, if the base power for manual 6A12 mivec is around 160-170hp as you said,
ported head + increase CR + bigger tb + intake + header + exhaust + stand alone,
i think you're already at 200hp mark (or at least very very near to it).
bare in mind, it's a 2L mivec machine, your torque is way higher than the fabricated 1.8L mivec that crossed 200hp mark (if any).

hornydrifter

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
KEY EL!
yes..its confirmed that 6a12 mivec makes 160-170HP at wheels..MANUAL only..been into australian fto clubs and asked bout the hp..auto, the invecs 2 gb..eats alot of hp..dunno y...around 20hp @wheels..its been a talk among the forumers..all of the owner of the auto fto there maske only about 140-145-150 only..and the manual 160-170..Thank god i got a manual hafcut..just bought it yesterday..will began the conversion soon..into a [email protected] its achievable...if only i can get my hand on a 6a13 2500cc..FUUYOOOO!!!

cnxnet

Known Member
Mar 30, 2006
high comp gasket, where can we buy? 6A13 2500CC is it just plug and play with 6A12? i driving a FTO no mod on engine, just open port intake, custom make exhaust start from downpipe, emange blue, good spark plug and plug cable 170+ hp @wheel, 210hp and 210Nm on engine. May be we can come out for TT, to talk about modding this engine :biggrin:

hornydrifter

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
KEY EL!
high comp gasket, where can we buy? 6A13 2500CC is it just plug and play with 6A12? i driving a FTO no mod on engine, just open port intake, custom make exhaust start from downpipe, emange blue, good spark plug and plug cable 170+ hp @wheel, 210hp and 210Nm on engine. May be we can come out for TT, to talk about modding this engine :biggrin:
hell Yeah..your car manual?...if AUTO... WTF!!! thats thats very high for auto..benn reseaching this engine about 6 months now...Yes 6a13 2500cc is plug and play..but the thing is the block..VERY2 RARE!..imagine...2500cc 8500rpm high cam high copm mivec v6 engine.... bye2 M3..bye2 350z!! hahahaha!:adore:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys, im about to start the full retoration of my little coupe, it needs floors welding etc, i have located a company that sandblasts the whole shell, so im starting with that.

but im also looking for a good workshop that can fabricate floor panels etc and do all the other small welding/brazing jobs to finish the shell....so any suggestions?

also, its a long shot, but do any of you have any contacts for spares or even whole cars for sale? :driver:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience