4G92P ECU with 4G93P head..?

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Hi, I would like to upgrade my 4G92P just by changing it to DOHC later in future. Can the 4G93P DOHC head be controlled by my existing 4G92P ECU that is controlling SOHC..?

But before that, i plan to BOT. So, can emanage be used to control everything...?

bebolagalas T

500 RPM
Jul 18, 2007
Hi, I would like to upgrade my 4G92P just by changing it to DOHC later in future. Can the 4G93P DOHC head be controlled by my existing 4G92P ECU that is controlling SOHC..?

But before that, i plan to BOT. So, can emanage be used to control everything...?
bro.. im using 4g92p with Doch head 4G93..BUT using 93 wiring..not planing to BOTcoz im using hi com piston..hoho...

donno can or not-- using 4g92p ecu or not,..i think cant used (lot of problem since timing not match)..

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
bro.. im using 4g92p with Doch head 4G93..BUT using 93 wiring..not planing to BOTcoz im using hi com piston..hoho...

donno can or not-- using 4g92p ecu or not,..i think cant used (lot of problem since timing not match)..
Yaa...high compression piston is a problem with BOT. Well, there are lots of ppl in Taiwan BOTing Vtech B16B (CR 11:1) even without metal gasket, yet, they still manage to boost to 0.6Bar...

Impressive. But their country have forman with good technical knowledge and technical skill.

For the same reason, I just bought 4 GTI pistons for my BOT project, so that I can use metal gasket 1.2mm instead of 1.8.

Using e-manage to conrtol the A/F, ignition and injection woule be my choice at the moment. Maybe will look for a 4G93P head. Actually, I'm proud of Proton before 2000. Hehehe...

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
there are many success stories about BOT but to me, better be safe than sorry. even turbocharged engines with beefed up conrods, low compression pistons that come out from the factory face the risk of engine failures, let alone engines that are not meant to be turbocharged.

i have a friend running complete 4G93p engine with 1.6 sohc ecu n harness. he modified the 1.6 distributor to match with 1.8dohc intake cam and thats basically it. the rest still using stock...

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
there are many success stories about BOT but to me, better be safe than sorry. even turbocharged engines with beefed up conrods, low compression pistons that come out from the factory face the risk of engine failures, let alone engines that are not meant to be turbocharged.

i have a friend running complete 4G93p engine with 1.6 sohc ecu n harness. he modified the 1.6 distributor to match with 1.8dohc intake cam and thats basically it. the rest still using stock...
Bro, thanks for the advice. I'll bare things in mind. However, I've gone through all the possible consequences I might be facing.

However, I would still like to give a try. And I'll try to control myself not to overboost.... But who knows what happened..? Human being...

And second thanks for sharing the information on the SOHC to DOHC. In other words, all your friend did was just modifying the distributor. MEans I can control it by using e-manage... Because sooner, I'll still be getting an e-manage for my management.

Anyway, if we have time. We can come out for TT to chat more.. Hehe.. still learning more on hands on..

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Yaa...high compression piston is a problem with BOT. Well, there are lots of ppl in Taiwan BOTing Vtech B16B (CR 11:1) even without metal gasket, yet, they still manage to boost to 0.6Bar...

Impressive. But their country have forman with good technical knowledge and technical skill.

For the same reason, I just bought 4 GTI pistons for my BOT project, so that I can use metal gasket 1.2mm instead of 1.8.

Using e-manage to conrtol the A/F, ignition and injection woule be my choice at the moment. Maybe will look for a 4G93P head. Actually, I'm proud of Proton before 2000. Hehehe...
BOT on higher compression is possible , but they are tuned diffrently , fuel octane used isnt the same , some countries have ethanol fuel in petrol station, we dont , some of high compression BOT use water injection etc to reduce detonation :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

If i want to sell a car to a person(stranger),what is the procedure?
-Do i need to bring it to Puspakom?
-Need any JPJ approval?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience