4G91 Gang..

4G91 i believe u can go anywhere and fix la... 4G9x series engine is pretty common so naturally everyone would know how to fix it. =p

hehehe..issit? well..just curious bout last time u guys all go to that ah yong place...even far away also wan to go to him..heheh..k then

HAha... I got no idea, don't think I've ever been there... or heard of it for that matter. =p
LoLZ...

You can even go to USPD as the 4G91 shares a lotta similarities to a GTi so they will have the parts and expertise. Problem is USPD's prices are a lil' higher than most general workshops.
I used to send my car to USPD also for non-modification-jobs, simply because its near my house... like walking distance near. So its much more convenient for me, I don't have to wait @ the workshop, can go home and takei while waiting for the job to be done. LoL...

My advice if you go USPD is not to let them handle things that proton OEM cars do not have, else they can potentially screw things up. Eg: Fixing up parts like alternator, clutch pump, etc is fine... but don't get your twin pot brakes (assuming u're using twin pots) serviced there! =)

happy modding

Last edited:
alvin needs NASA engineers to repair his car wan... he tipu us wan... also some bomoh to put a toyol in to make it faster.... u guys remember that guys 91Aspec in PH.. maybe he can help... gotta ask kopikau for his number tho...

lol..ayell..urs were like double the normal fc..anywy..sure monster like this lor...hehe

uspd ya? quite far for me i guest..hm..myb try to go to nearer place...
mine now slowly getting ok..but it is not constant..sometimes rm10 ron95 can go 65km...sometimes rm15 go 70km...route+trafic were same..also driving style..hm..

woah...u guys fc damn cun laaa..
cant wait to start working..then wana change to manual laa...
mine, rm50 can get ony 250km city/hway..sigh

mine engine no monster lor :D just that it is not tuned properly. It is quite hard to get good jetting for the weber. When u get the good combination still u need to fine tuned, when u good at low rpm, 4K below, u will get lean at 6K above, when u make good at 6K above u will flood the 4K rpm (which where I am now). That's why Weber very2 much recommend their carb to be coupled with MSD Ignition & Coil to compensate the rich situation, which is this item quite expensive, then since I'm low budget modders, for time being I just need to get used of that high fc :D till enuf money to buy the MSD.

kekekeke....if needing msd..sure monster edi...anywy mine is injection...myb end of this week will go to shah alam to visit a few shop my fren ask to go...gonna do some diagnose checking...then sure know wats wrong after that..anywy...myb also due to my exhaust setup..
last time this setup works ok with my 4g15...

just to check up with u guys..is it good to hv swirl bullet to replace catcon? coz lastime my setup was 421 extractor->swirl bullet->1.75 std route piping->straight flow exhaust..
so..just wondering is it ok? coz afraid that the swirl bullet would store too much pressure for dohc engines...hohoho

chromeless,
IF it is fuel injection... you might wanna check if your o2 sensor is okay. If the o2 sensor kong, it will affect the fuel consumption quite badly. On the other hand, if o2 sensor kong your engine check sensor should come on, but even if it doesn't, try and get it checked anyway. =)

As for exhaust setup, 4-2-1 and having a slightly more restrictive setup gives u better low-mid range. If you run 4-1 and a straight flow with just a mid-muffler, you'd get better high end. Depends on preference really. But do stick with 1.8" internal diameter (for minor mods). Bigger and you kill the response.

Contreasjun,
LoLz... yea, BOT kinda does that to ya. What kinda setup are you running?

hmm...my check engine light still not on..so still hv to go check issit? hm..
and 4g9x seems to hv the norm tb prob right? mine hv prob with it...tps sensor kong edy..
but then..using ficd..still doesnt help...the timing after adjust at ficd still remains btween 600rpm..im tired of guessing edy...some people say if put ficd also cannot..then myb the ecu itself issit?

chromeless,
IF it is fuel injection... you might wanna check if your o2 sensor is okay. If the o2 sensor kong, it will affect the fuel consumption quite badly. On the other hand, if o2 sensor kong your engine check sensor should come on, but even if it doesn't, try and get it checked anyway. =)

As for exhaust setup, 4-2-1 and having a slightly more restrictive setup gives u better low-mid range. If you run 4-1 and a straight flow with just a mid-muffler, you'd get better high end. Depends on preference really. But do stick with 1.8" internal diameter (for minor mods). Bigger and you kill the response.

Contreasjun,
LoLz... yea, BOT kinda does that to ya. What kinda setup are you running?

my setup was
4G93 Block
CA18 Conrods
SuperCharger Piston
Gti Cams
Custom Adjustable Cam pulley
390cc Injectors
4G91 Air flow Sensor
TD05-20G
Emanage

chromeless,
Can be a lotta things, but start from the basics lor. Just double check to see if the o2 sensor is ok, might just need cleaning. =p I never had my throttle body sensor KO before, so not that much experience in it, but I reckon it wouldn't really make as BIG a difference on the FC as a faulty o2 sensor would. So far haven't heard of a KO-ed ECU that only causes high fuel consumption or unstable idling. My ECU died on me before, but that one engine totally cannot start liau. =p

contreasjun,
wowzers, 4G93 block (hey, cheating! u're not a 4G91 di! hahaha) and a TD05 20G and you're getting that kinda FC huh? Serious shit, I get the same FC with 4G91 block and a TD04HL! LoLz... the 20G turbo not lag meh on a 93 block?

chromeless,
Can be a lotta things, but start from the basics lor. Just double check to see if the o2 sensor is ok, might just need cleaning. =p I never had my throttle body sensor KO before, so not that much experience in it, but I reckon it wouldn't really make as BIG a difference on the FC as a faulty o2 sensor would. So far haven't heard of a KO-ed ECU that only causes high fuel consumption or unstable idling. My ECU died on me before, but that one engine totally cannot start liau. =p

contreasjun,
wowzers, 4G93 block (hey, cheating! u're not a 4G91 di! hahaha) and a TD05 20G and you're getting that kinda FC huh? Serious shit, I get the same FC with 4G91 block and a TD04HL! LoLz... the 20G turbo not lag meh on a 93 block?

haha bro dont lah say cheat bro..
im still a proud user of 4g91 bro...my engine head still 4G91 mah hehe
the reason i change to 93 block so that i can use ca18 conrods bro...
coz 4g91 block cant use right?
btw TD05-20G ofcoz lag loh...and it is a completely power from TD04 bro..
TD04 basically play pick up syok only...
but TD05-20G power coming in at 4k RPM and the power is so great bro...
to be honest I can easily follow a evo no problem bro...

Re: 4G91 Gang.. convert throttlr body perdana to 4g91

Hi all, I'm a 4G91 user, I try to convert T.Body perdana to my 4g91 engine, but have some problem, the electric socket tidak sama, can cut the 4g91 socket & sambung with the perdana socket, but the wire color tidak sama, it's 6 pins socket, I don't know which color I need to sambung. help me please if anyone know. :confused:

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom