4G91 Gang..

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
yes!! just repaired my engine prob...seems that my trottle buterfly rosak and my distributor also kong...change to 1.8 trottle and new distributor last nite...ahaks!! my car now better oh!...4th gear can go 180km/h...since my car oredy
sihat..wan 2 do mods laa....wanna get a 1.8head ported&polish, set of cam pulley...and r3 stage 3 cams {duration dunno} and a slight increase in compression...can get these work done for 2400...is it ok ahh?

hornydrifter said:
yes!! just repaired my engine prob...seems that my trottle buterfly rosak and my distributor also kong...change to 1.8 trottle and new distributor last nite...ahaks!! my car now better oh!...4th gear can go 180km/h...since my car oredy
sihat..wan 2 do mods laa....wanna get a 1.8head ported&polish, set of cam pulley...and r3 stage 3 cams {duration dunno} and a slight increase in compression...can get these work done for 2400...is it ok ahh?
Í would advise u before u proceed for any of these mods, ask ur self what are you looking for.. merely power hungry or abit hungry but also wanna save money.. Seems the mods u r up to is all drink fuel type.. especially the hi cam, u sure u can live with sluggish idling?? the very main concern is trafic jam in a freking hot day.. peh.. my self even air cond not that cold oledi pening, if without air cond than die loo..

IMHO better do the basics first, induction system and exhaust.. if this all has been done, then oni move to all the other level of mods loh

tajulsans said:
Í would advise u before u proceed for any of these mods, ask ur self what are you looking for.. merely power hungry or abit hungry but also wanna save money.. Seems the mods u r up to is all drink fuel type.. especially the hi cam, u sure u can live with sluggish idling?? the very main concern is trafic jam in a freking hot day.. peh.. my self even air cond not that cold oledi pening, if without air cond than die loo..

IMHO better do the basics first, induction system and exhaust.. if this all has been done, then oni move to all the other level of mods loh

100% agree with tajulsans. hornydrifter, my advice is let you car running around few months before any mod unless you are damn rich, can mod and solve problem at the same time, :_:

no wories bout tat..my main aim is to squezzeee the hell of power from these 91 engines...as when i go to work or jalan2....my gf car lerr..n i dont drive that much...:_:

hornydrifter said:

IMHO... i think u shud go for it....mind dat modding is all abt trial n error.... 'belum buat belum tau'.... because no1 here knows abt the outcome of this mod... u'l be the first 1 to try it... since u r determine in squezeing the maximum capacity of this engine then spending $$ shudnt be a problem 4 u.... maybe u can gain like 20-30hp likedat... im not so sure.... 2.4k is quite ok for hi-cams,cam pulleys n PnP... keep us updated on this ok.... gud luck

thanks ayell.... juz got t manual....
haven read it though....
got class nw...
read later...
anyway thanks a lot...

:_: , just back from my sifu place adjusting the cam pulley and ignition timing.

Very happy now, low end damn siok, like driving diesel engine, rev up fast drop slow....haha

tools to adjust...never see before
cc921a2a.jpg

4a614f77.jpg

13f1b383.jpg

0a25d636.jpg

one set of r3 stage3 hi cam cost how much? 2.4k really can get all the things done? that is the good deal man. i saw r3 street cam in eneos in 1 u, 1600, wa lau... very nice la cam, but price also very nice

r3 stage 3 hi cam is designed for track racing if i am not mistaken... which means u must keep ur engine at high rev all the time to squeeze out the power. so bro u must decide where u pek ur car kau kau most of the time, if u just like to test a bit on normal jalans, then better get lower stage cams to actually make ur cars "faster" in terms of real situation cos u can not drive on a normal like ina track, further more the stage 3 cam are for 1.8 engines, which has much stronger torgue at low end. so the possible thing is that before ur car power kick in, somebody is already in front, and with the 2 to 3 thousand rpm u may not be really catching up the front car. then shift gear, if the rpm drop out of the power band, then ur car sluggish again, therefore u must consider ur gb ratio, ur clutch as well when u wanna put this stage 3 high cam. but if u are track kaki then go for it la, surely give u much better performance. with pnp, high cam, and cam pully, u may get around 12 to 15 hp gain.

it is better that u at least get a e - manage to make sure that ur cams work well with the fuel and ignition timing. mod on fuel supply may be needed as well, as standard injectors may not be strong enough for ur power desire.:_: of cos u can do all this slowly la... if u get all these done, maybe can get around 22 to 25 hp... that is a lot for a n/a car with no mivec or vtec already. of cos, in order to achieve this, u have spend a lot as well, and pay a lot of maintain fees, problem solving fees, and fuel fees :cyclops:

so bro, ur money your car. so think of it carefully and choose ur mod... and tell us how the r3 cams perform if u really install them. i am quite interested. but not stage 3 la,no money pay petrol, i want stage 1 super street cam only. hehe:shades_smile:

Last edited:
wirafly said:
:_: , just back from my sifu place adjusting the cam pulley and ignition timing.

Very happy now, low end damn siok, like driving diesel engine, rev up fast drop slow....haha

cc921a2a.jpg

4a614f77.jpg

13f1b383.jpg

0a25d636.jpg

wirafly taiko, what is ur cam setting now? in cam? ex cam? wanna get a reference. thanks a lot

wirafly said:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c278/wirafly/cc921a2a.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c278/wirafly/4a614f77.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c278/wirafly/13f1b383.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c278/wirafly/0a25d636.jpg

Whoaaaa!! wirafly.. I search long time u know to find who can tune like this one.. where arr?? How much lorr? I want to send my car oso..

milo said:
wirafly taiko, what is ur cam setting now? in cam? ex cam? wanna get a reference. thanks a lot

in retard 3 degree ex retard 8 degree, every car got different setting, hard to copy, I even saw someone with in 8 degree advance + ex 10 degree advance, I copy similar setting but it not as expected, i.e. pickup better low end better.

He just ask me what want? I say low end....then he adjust for me and it work...very obvious changes...:_:, just have another test drive around kepong just now, this time drive slow, very good low end...I think now only my gear box cannot perform well...haha

ayell said:
Whoaaaa!! wirafly.. I search long time u know to find who can tune like this one.. where arr?? How much lorr? I want to send my car oso..

his shop near zoo negara area...he charge me RM100 cause previously I done my PNP there...he say normally charge customer RM150, but you from johor...come again KL?

hehe, just change my brake pad to a brand name FG1 if not mistaken, up to 550 degree, RM200, is the price reasonable? anyone heard or use this brand before?

oh ic. after CNY maybe i wanna adjust my cam a bit also. then want to do MUT tunning as welll... so after CNY have to disturb u and and partyjoe taiko la...:_:

wirafly said:
his shop near zoo negara area...he charge me RM100 cause previously I done my PNP there...he say normally charge customer RM150, but you from johor...come again KL?

hehe, just change my brake pad to a brand name FG1 if not mistaken, up to 550 degree, RM200, is the price reasonable? anyone heard or use this brand before?

is it from USA? is it green in color? last time i use one called something like this, from USA, price also around there. makan my disk kau kau:X-:

milo said:
is it from USA? is it green in color? last time i use one called something like this, from USA, price also around there. makan my disk kau kau:X-:

no, blue in color...wah...hope wont makan my disc... :shocked:

milo said:
oh ic. after CNY maybe i wanna adjust my cam a bit also. then want to do MUT tunning as welll... so after CNY have to disturb u and and partyjoe taiko la...:_:

maybe schedule as TT....hehe

ayell...need a big help.... d manual u send me was corrupted..
cant open it... really hope u can send it 2 me again... sorie 4 t trouble...

wirafly...nice pics..
bt i realize ur air filter still stock... why?? some ppl say auto car should juz stick 2 stock air filter... cuz aftermarket is not very suitable... hope u can comment...

plannin 2 get them after CNY... so need so quick advice... dnt wan 2 regret...

angelic_ryder said:
wirafly...nice pics..
bt i realize ur air filter still stock... why?? some ppl say auto car should juz stick 2 stock air filter... cuz aftermarket is not very suitable... hope u can comment...

It look stock but it actually after market drop in filter, not branded but so far serve me without any problem for more than 30K km from my ex engine, :shades_smile: , element is similar to K&N one.

I got latest model APEXI dual funnel open pod filter and its adapter for my current engine but not try yet cause of lazy try it in my car, cause from my experience without heat shield is no point to mod, :_:, so I cant give you comment

I also heard people comment auto dun use open pod...suffer on low end, but this APEXI dual funnel open pod filter I used in prev engine give good improvement in all rev...still thinking wanna sell it or not..haha

Last edited:

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom