4G69 Bad Fuel consumption 30L/100KM

Grandis FC is really not good one. AT, heavy weight. You use a lot on city start/stop driving FC, is even more worse. There's nothing wrong with your engine from the pic you attached. Did you notice the gear change on the car always shift up very early? if you did, yes mine also like that. the early upshift also don't help to improve the FC also because you need too always keep shifting it down back again to have a bit more power. The engine itself is without VVT and it have MIVEC only. this made it nothing better to help improved the FC.
Also what engine oil grade you using? service enter will usually give you 15-50 try to go lower to 10-40. It made the car less sluggish and FC a bit that better. You running open pod or still stock air filter box?

Change timing kit improve FC? this I can't relate it to FC. FC probem you go back Service center also they cannot help coz the car when it roll out from Japan factory is already like this. That's why this Grandis sells in Japan itself also not very good....
Umm, then why did you get the car? Good performance?

They were doing promo and I went to survey Estima and Alphard before. Estima XR50 I was quoted around 180K-190K for a recond unit IINM year 2010-2011 with only 6 months to 1 year warranty. I viewed a few different places and most of the cars condition is not very bad but started to show sign of yellowing on headlights, minor cracks on headlights, chrome area fading..small small places, then I was ask that I need to fork another 4-5K to have the head unit change to local one. Interior wise most of the cars I viewed all are ok and very new. Mileage of the cars was average around 35-40K.

For Alphard I have a relative which own it, a 2.4 Version which he said the FC is not really good also. Plus the drive was very floaty he said it's like driving a bus. Vellfire on the other hand was more stable but the price range was out for me. The V6 is more powerful. I test drove the Estima 2.4 and its not really that powerful as its the same engine on the Camry my dad used to have. Renesis, both Estima and Alphard got 2.4L also not just V6. Estima got a 3.5L V6.

I choose the Grandis cause, it's a new CBU from Japan, price discount, comes with working 2DIN Kenwood touch screen player, DVD, reverse cam, TV, Ipod/USB port, Micro SD slot, Garmin GPS software..black leather interior (recon I saw mostly fabric and leather condition was not good for driver seat). 4G69 some parts are compatible with 4G63. The car has lower roofline and sits lower than an Estima, car felt more planted at speed. Not too common on the road also.

Honestly i don't know how good is the FC on an Estima but I think it's maybe a bit better than Grandis. If only grandis had sliding door like estima then it will be nice as I have encounter many times the rear doors very long so when I want to get my daughter off from her car seat I need to open the door wider so choosing parking space is a norm for me now.

There's still many things I chose the Grandis but can't remember all. Overall it's a good car, not the best I would say. Maintenance wise also ok for me. The car have plenty of rooms but doesnt make, the car feel bulky..it's quite streamlined. You can go search in motor trader you also will find very little on sale cause it's not much on the road..

They were doing promo and I went to survey Estima and Alphard before. Estima XR50 I was quoted around 180K-190K for a recond unit IINM year 2010-2011 with only 6 months to 1 year warranty. I viewed a few different places and most of the cars condition is not very bad but started to show sign of yellowing on headlights, minor cracks on headlights, chrome area fading..small small places, then I was ask that I need to fork another 4-5K to have the head unit change to local one. Interior wise most of the cars I viewed all are ok and very new. Mileage of the cars was average around 35-40K.

For Alphard I have a relative which own it, a 2.4 Version which he said the FC is not really good also. Plus the drive was very floaty he said it's like driving a bus. Vellfire on the other hand was more stable but the price range was out for me. The V6 is more powerful. I test drove the Estima 2.4 and its not really that powerful as its the same engine on the Camry my dad used to have. Renesis, both Estima and Alphard got 2.4L also not just V6. Estima got a 3.5L V6.

I choose the Grandis cause, it's a new CBU from Japan, price discount, comes with working 2DIN Kenwood touch screen player, DVD, reverse cam, TV, Ipod/USB port, Micro SD slot, Garmin GPS software..black leather interior (recon I saw mostly fabric and leather condition was not good for driver seat). 4G69 some parts are compatible with 4G63. The car has lower roofline and sits lower than an Estima, car felt more planted at speed. Not too common on the road also.

Honestly i don't know how good is the FC on an Estima but I think it's maybe a bit better than Grandis. If only grandis had sliding door like estima then it will be nice as I have encounter many times the rear doors very long so when I want to get my daughter off from her car seat I need to open the door wider so choosing parking space is a norm for me now.

There's still many things I chose the Grandis but can't remember all. Overall it's a good car, not the best I would say. Maintenance wise also ok for me. The car have plenty of rooms but doesnt make, the car feel bulky..it's quite streamlined. You can go search in motor trader you also will find very little on sale cause it's not much on the road..
180-190k is way more than Grandis's price. Even if they do return better FC, the amount you saved for choosing Grandis over Estima should be able to cover up FC costs already. But what's with the head unit? You mean the audio/media player? Can't just use back the Japanese one?

For the 3.5 litre V6 variant, roadtax will be same like 350Z which is bloody expensive. :banghead:

But I think one of the reason for Grandis's high FC is because it is using the old Mitsubishi Sirius (4G6x) series engine? That engine family is very old already. Since the days of old Mirage 4G61 around 20 plus years ago.

180-190k is way more than Grandis's price. Even if they do return better FC, the amount you saved for choosing Grandis over Estima should be able to cover up FC costs already. But what's with the head unit? You mean the audio/media player? Can't just use back the Japanese one?

For the 3.5 litre V6 variant, roadtax will be same like 350Z which is bloody expensive. :banghead:

But I think one of the reason for Grandis's high FC is because it is using the old Mitsubishi Sirius (4G6x) series engine? That engine family is very old already. Since the days of old Mirage 4G61 around 20 plus years ago.
Japan head unit cannot use here mah...need to change or mod..but seldom ppl mod. FC high cause car also heavy la. The engine has long history but also evolved a lot...if u follow the US scene they like to take the 4G69 block and pair with 4G63 head to increase the CC making it a 4G693. Here also have but rarely people do it. I know a oversea forum guy who is documenting his 4G693 rebuild step by step very interesting thread and informative try to look for it.

Yah! different band width, but can get police reception....:biggrin:

Change head can increase CC?:confused:

I think the engine series had been discontinued now? Mixing 4G63 with 4G69. That concept is similar to how people do it here with 4G93 block + 4G92 MIVEC head, K20A head with K24 block and B16B/B18CR head with B20 block...

Use it to play music only... Then buy another cheap head unit for radio (if there is still space for it)

I think he meant 4G63 car changing block into 4G69. So, CC is increased?

Kacuk the block with head la....head 4G63 and bottom end is 4G69...

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

I think the engine series had been discontinued now? Mixing 4G63 with 4G69. That concept is similar to how people do it here with 4G93 block + 4G92 MIVEC head, K20A head with K24 block and B16B/B18CR head with B20 block...

Use it to play music only... Then buy another cheap head unit for radio (if there is still space for it)

I think he meant 4G63 car changing block into 4G69. So, CC is increased?
Yup, but hard to see 4G69 block...

just swap the engine into 4g63T la evo version.....got better power...lower roadtax...and better torque to carry loads around....

got kepish2 sound also :nurse:

Kacuk the block with head la....head 4G63 and bottom end is 4G69...

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

Yup, but hard to see 4G69 block...
But Grandis original engine is 4G69, right? So change head can increase CC?

On evo la...see the link on my post.

For head change is those US market lancer ralliart is with 4G69 SOHC so they masuk 4G63 DOHC head with turbo. That one not increase CC

VR2, watch this..the owner made it to 799.81WHP..
EVO 4G69 / MIVEC Frankenstien - YouTube

Aiyoh! sorry lah! Follow topic 4G69 mah! so thought you talking about the Grandis....:biggrin:

Put in Evo then different....wow almost 3 bar of boost....:adore:

Aiyoh! sorry lah! Follow topic 4G69 mah! so thought you talking about the Grandis....:biggrin:

Put in Evo then different....wow almost 3 bar of boost....:adore:
Nvm la...just sharing info with Renesis....but interesting to know also

The name Mike Ryan might not ring too many bells in our heads and once you take into consideration his list of achievements, you’ll realise that he should be accorded some sort of title for overwhelming awesomeness.

You see unlike most other competitors that we’re accustomed to, Ryan won his 12, that’s right, 12, Pikes Peak Hill Climb titles in a Freightliner Cascadia truck. Just for that added pinch of...