Ken Block gets some competition, from a freightliner

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

The name Mike Ryan might not ring too many bells in our heads and once you take into consideration his list of achievements, you’ll realise that he should be accorded some sort of title for overwhelming awesomeness.

You see unlike most other competitors that we’re accustomed to, Ryan won his 12, that’s right, 12, Pikes Peak Hill Climb titles in a Freightliner Cascadia truck. Just for that added pinch of style, the truck sports Gulf liveries.

You can begin to understand why when we say that Ryan possesses more talent in his little finger than some drivers do in their whole body. His truck packs 1,950hp with an orbit-altering 4,605Nm of torque. That’s still plenty of go in a truck that weighs 4.5 tons.

For a little self-promotion, Ryan has decided to mimic a certain Mr. Ken Block by haunting abandoned airstrips to slide his truck around and shred some custom handmade Michelin tyres. For the video, Ryan actually goes to the very same spot that Block used to shoot the first of his Gymkhana instalments of videos, the El Toro Marine base.

Hit play for awesomeness on a totally different level, and size.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PDGfzYiDEpI?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" width="560" frameborder="0" height="349"></iframe>

Source: YouTube via Autoblog

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
This is SICK & WICKED....I like

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
wooo...
i like the sound of the turbo spooling yo.
and i wonder whats the milage on the truck? 1mpg?

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
wooo...
i like the sound of the turbo spooling yo.
and i wonder whats the milage on the truck? 1mpg?
Its more like 1 meter per gallon rather the 1 mile

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

What’s the deal?

Volkswagen has unveiled its flagship sedan, the B8 Passat today. Replacing the B7 sedan, the new Passat is locally assembled in the company’s manufacturing facility in Pekan.

3 flavours are available, comprising 2 types of direct-injection turbocharged engines. The base Trendline is powered by a 1.8-litre TSI, together with the Comfortline that sits in the mid-range...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience