4G69 Bad Fuel consumption 30L/100KM

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
180-190k is way more than Grandis's price. Even if they do return better FC, the amount you saved for choosing Grandis over Estima should be able to cover up FC costs already. But what's with the head unit? You mean the audio/media player? Can't just use back the Japanese one?

For the 3.5 litre V6 variant, roadtax will be same like 350Z which is bloody expensive. :banghead:

But I think one of the reason for Grandis's high FC is because it is using the old Mitsubishi Sirius (4G6x) series engine? That engine family is very old already. Since the days of old Mirage 4G61 around 20 plus years ago.
Japan head unit cannot use here mah...need to change or mod..but seldom ppl mod. FC high cause car also heavy la. The engine has long history but also evolved a lot...if u follow the US scene they like to take the 4G69 block and pair with 4G63 head to increase the CC making it a 4G693. Here also have but rarely people do it. I know a oversea forum guy who is documenting his 4G693 rebuild step by step very interesting thread and informative try to look for it.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Japan head unit cannot use here mah...need to change or mod..but seldom ppl mod. FC high cause car also heavy la. The engine has long history but also evolved a lot...if u follow the US scene they like to take the 4G69 block and pair with 4G63 head to increase the CC making it a 4G693. Here also have but rarely people do it. I know a oversea forum guy who is documenting his 4G693 rebuild step by step very interesting thread and informative try to look for it.
Yah! different band width, but can get police reception....:biggrin:

Change head can increase CC?:confused:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I think the engine series had been discontinued now? Mixing 4G63 with 4G69. That concept is similar to how people do it here with 4G93 block + 4G92 MIVEC head, K20A head with K24 block and B16B/B18CR head with B20 block...

Use it to play music only... Then buy another cheap head unit for radio (if there is still space for it)

I think he meant 4G63 car changing block into 4G69. So, CC is increased?

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005

Kacuk the block with head la....head 4G63 and bottom end is 4G69...

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

I think the engine series had been discontinued now? Mixing 4G63 with 4G69. That concept is similar to how people do it here with 4G93 block + 4G92 MIVEC head, K20A head with K24 block and B16B/B18CR head with B20 block...

Use it to play music only... Then buy another cheap head unit for radio (if there is still space for it)

I think he meant 4G63 car changing block into 4G69. So, CC is increased?
Yup, but hard to see 4G69 block...

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
180-190k is way more than Grandis's price. Even if they do return better FC, the amount you saved for choosing Grandis over Estima should be able to cover up FC costs already. But what's with the head unit? You mean the audio/media player? Can't just use back the Japanese one?

For the 3.5 litre V6 variant, roadtax will be same like 350Z which is bloody expensive. :banghead:

But I think one of the reason for Grandis's high FC is because it is using the old Mitsubishi Sirius (4G6x) series engine? That engine family is very old already. Since the days of old Mirage 4G61 around 20 plus years ago.

just swap the engine into 4g63T la evo version.....got better power...lower roadtax...and better torque to carry loads around....

got kepish2 sound also :nurse:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Kacuk the block with head la....head 4G63 and bottom end is 4G69...

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

Yup, but hard to see 4G69 block...
But Grandis original engine is 4G69, right? So change head can increase CC?

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
But Grandis original engine is 4G69, right? So change head can increase CC?
On evo la...see the link on my post.

For head change is those US market lancer ralliart is with 4G69 SOHC so they masuk 4G63 DOHC head with turbo. That one not increase CC

VR2, watch this..the owner made it to 799.81WHP..
EVO 4G69 / MIVEC Frankenstien - YouTube

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Aiyoh! sorry lah! Follow topic 4G69 mah! so thought you talking about the Grandis....:biggrin:

Put in Evo then different....wow almost 3 bar of boost....:adore:

Last edited:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Aiyoh! sorry lah! Follow topic 4G69 mah! so thought you talking about the Grandis....:biggrin:

Put in Evo then different....wow almost 3 bar of boost....:adore:
Nvm la...just sharing info with Renesis....but interesting to know also

ckeng1

Mar 8, 2006
HI, do you guys manage to find any K&N drop in filter for the grandis?

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Can check with Kakimotor, Speed works also use to sell, or contact K&N on fb....:biggrin:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Do you ever think of the open pod?
No. tight engine space. the original airbox has a direct draw from the front grill already.

ckeng1

Mar 8, 2006
I try to explore some engine improvement, but seems like very little information in the web, maybe it is due to the old engine.

I notice the car is running heavy in the morning, sometimes. When the engine is in a cold conditions, i can get better rev and better engine respond... really strange for.

Did u guys experience the gear change even the the pedal is step hard?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I try to explore some engine improvement, but seems like very little information in the web, maybe it is due to the old engine.

I notice the car is running heavy in the morning, sometimes. When the engine is in a cold conditions, i can get better rev and better engine respond... really strange for.

Probably when cold the engine is running rich.......:driver:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
first try check all engine sensor in good working condiyion...such as air flow meter/o2 sensor,spark plug,fuel regulator?all vaccum hoses etc etc

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005

What is the viscosity you are using. This 4G69 is not little information on the web. You try to find in evolutionm, club4g, dsmtuners, 4Gtuners....there you will find a lot of information and mods this engine is found more in overseas.

If you didn't know 4G69 share some part with 4G63 so you can use some of the performance parts from the 63 on 69. Like balancer shaft removal kit, Tomei oil srapper...etcc.

Also you can put in a FRP on the Grandis. Quite some DIY can be done...example bypass the TB heater and the heater core so you can have more coolant circulating in the engine instead of going to other place. Also the AT uses the coolant flow to keep the ATF cool remove the 2 hose from the AT box and hook up an OIL cooler then remove the coolant hose to the original ATF cooler and bypass them. Remove the speed cut the car can go over 180...

If you got the budget, go to Ebay or RPW Aus they have 4-2-1 headers for 4G69. Plug n play. They also have a Thermo block kit for the intake manifold. T.M.Works also have a direct power harness kit for the ignition system for the 4G69 model DP035

The early gear change, you try to use the triptronic function to shift. in full AT the shift point is low cause try to improve FC.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys.

Basically i'm in dilemma of what car should i buy since there's heaps of new models coming right up.

But 1 brand particular stand up in some of my timeline and they're Kia Rio.

I never drive any Korean car before hence i appreciate all of your honest opinion on the matter.

https://twitter.com/RaufHusin/status/913268026987880448

[/IMG]
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience