1.6ers Owners (Mitsi/Proton)

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
hey guys,

im looking into replacing my stock 1.6 gearbox cause its getting rather old and not as smooth anymore.
What gearboxes can i possibly change to and how much will it cost? eg. 4g93 gearbox? 4g91 gearbox? Evo gearbox??

Thanks for the advise guys, but right now I'm facing another problem, as the socket connecting to the air flow sensor is giving me problem.

As recently, my car can just die off suddenly while driving, or rather no respond when i step on the accelerator. Then when i pop the hood, can hear the sound of the air sucking in like damn loud coming from the air filter. Then i just tighten the socket to the sensor, the engine goes back to normal back again. Is it the air flow sensor rosak or the wiring socket which connecting to it is dead. Have happened 3 times already so far.

Anyone here have an explanation on this?

mokomoko : 1.6 4g92 can use the same gear box as 4g93. If got money go for mivec gb.

Excuse me is there anyone here driving Yellow satria with black front bonnet and custom bodykit with zerotohundred.com decals on it's body with bronze rims?...saw him (chinese guy) a few times at ss15 subang jaya and usj..if the owner's in this thread..ur ride is awesome n cool bro...clean..

pifecto14 said:
Thanks for the advise guys, but right now I'm facing another problem, as the socket connecting to the air flow sensor is giving me problem.

As recently, my car can just die off suddenly while driving, or rather no respond when i step on the accelerator. Then when i pop the hood, can hear the sound of the air sucking in like damn loud coming from the air filter. Then i just tighten the socket to the sensor, the engine goes back to normal back again. Is it the air flow sensor rosak or the wiring socket which connecting to it is dead. Have happened 3 times already so far.

Anyone here have an explanation on this?

mokomoko : 1.6 4g92 can use the same gear box as 4g93. If got money go for mivec gb.

check ur socket..maybe the socket which is made from plastic is cracking..Sometime if u touch that socket or not properly inserted it might ur engine die or 'check' light turn on..

happened to me before...just ask my mech not to touch the socket again.

last 2 month my socket on distributor went off due to crack and coz my car died on the h/way..bought the socket at chop shop at RM5 and ask my mech to replace it.:regular_smile:

mokomoko said:
hey guys,

im looking into replacing my stock 1.6 gearbox cause its getting rather old and not as smooth anymore.
What gearboxes can i possibly change to and how much will it cost? eg. 4g93 gearbox? 4g91 gearbox? Evo gearbox??

each g/b has different ratio..maybe u can check on this first before replace any.

miveccom said:
check ur socket..maybe the socket which is made from plastic is cracking..Sometime if u touch that socket or not properly inserted it might ur engine die or 'check' light turn on..

happened to me before...just ask my mech not to touch the socket again.

last 2 month my socket on distributor went off due to crack and coz my car died on the h/way..bought the socket at chop shop at RM5 and ask my mech to replace it.:regular_smile:

Hi Miveccom,

The mechanic check for me already, and he says the socket no crack or broken. You say you replace the socket for ur distributor, how your mech got it done?? By cutting off the spoiled socket and sambung the replacement wan which u bought for RM5?? Cos my mechanic says its not recommended to cut and sambung another socket. How true is that? :S

my mech used sharp needle to remove the pin inside the socket but be sure that each wire pinned into the right hole of each socket. It's tricky job and I ask my mech not to cut wire becoz it might disconnected after some time..

U need to check each wiring of ur air flow sensor coz I saw mine cracked one oledi..Proton stuff is very sensitive..

Last week have to replace spark plug cable coz terkoyak when try to pull it out..haiyaa....

Guys,

Can anyone advise me where can I get a good deal on this 1.6 parts arounf klang valley.

Hi people. In need of advise & recommendations. I intend 2 lower my ride but only 2 about an inch. The bumps & slopes around here are crazy so can't get 2 low. Currently still using stock springs on all 4s with front monroe & rear mivec shocks. I understand that having adjustables installed would be d ultimate but my pocket just disagrees. So m hoping if u guys & girls could help suggest what springs 2 look 4 & where & how much. Would also want 2 maintain comfort as well. Thanks very much.

jtys said:
Hi people. In need of advise & recommendations. I intend 2 lower my ride but only 2 about an inch. The bumps & slopes around here are crazy so can't get 2 low. Currently still using stock springs on all 4s with front monroe & rear mivec shocks. I understand that having adjustables installed would be d ultimate but my pocket just disagrees. So m hoping if u guys & girls could help suggest what springs 2 look 4 & where & how much. Would also want 2 maintain comfort as well. Thanks very much.

how much is ur budget? there quite many in market i.e kimex, gab, apm etc..

yes..ultimate solution is adjustables..

how about try to save ur money every month and change to adjustables when ur absorbers kong..apm adj is about RM1.5k and ok la performance..

2nd hand parts. Im having problem with my tb. When I on the air cond the my idling drop. Somebdy ask me to add in this FICD. Any suggestion.... and where can I get this FICD thing and hw much it cost.

hello bros,
also driving a 92p here, where normally you guys chill at? wanna join when i'm free. currently staying in segambut. update me if you guys got TT or whatsoever.

Ehhh hi bro notoRious. Staying in Klang. Yeah mayby can get 2gther at tt.

hi mie3760,
TT at klang? never been there man. some more i'm new here. if you guys are in KL someday, hit me, 019-3444468. cheers

hit me baby one more time.. hehehhe

hit me 2 at 0193339110/am

yea should have a 1.6 TT one day, would like to see what others have done to their cars.
I live in Subang

Since we may never have a gathering, the specs on my wira 1.6xli auto. 97/98reg is as follows:

Engine

16v 1.6 SOHC 4cyl

Port/Polished & Skimmed to acheive 11:1 CR (STOCK 10.0:1) Ignition & Cam Timing adjusted to suit
Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
Lightweight aluminium crankshaft pulley (1.8kg lighter /less rotating mass)
Ignition Coil Amplifier
Pivot Raizin Voltage Stabilizer & Ground Wires
Hotbits Exhaust Manifold (on thermo-wrap) with 2in piping exiting through a twin tailpipe (Proton Putra style) performance muffler
K&N replacement air filter running through modified stock airbox & heat shielded
Oil cooler from 4g93t with aftermarket oil filter/cooler hose adaptor

Larger Throttle Body from Perdana 4cyl (4g63)
Polished Inlet manifold
Larger Injectors from the 4g93
EGR valve closed off
& other tuning and setting mods

Suspension

Stock camber settings - 0 degrees toe front and rear

Koni adjustables with custom made coil over springs setup in front, koni adjustable height rear bracket(front adjusted to my own personal setting-rear adjusted by mechanic)

Super Pro PU Bushes in front lower arm adding additional 0.8 degrees of caster to front wheels. Also on Roll bars (f) & (r) mountings and rear trailing arm bushes.
Ultra Racing Fender Bars
Front Strut Bar
Rear lower brace
Ultra Racing Rear Upper Body Brace
Structural Foam

Rims & Tires

Ventus HRII (f) goodyear nct5 (r) 205/45/HR16 on 16in 6.5” j rims

Interior

Sparco R345 Rally Dish steering wheel
Sparco Pedals
Recaro N-Joy Seats
ICE - 2 amps, 2 10in sub woofers 6'5in component set with line driver running clarion headunit (circa 2000 model).

regards

nice...

lets say if i orga an TT.. will anyone be intrested in joining...

if yes pls put a name list here...

TT 1st for 1.6 owners....

venue : not decided yet

time : 9 pm onwords

date : not decided.. maybe friday sat or sunday...

name list

1. e819/am/0193339110 fr ampang

continue the name list bro

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom