[?]: 1/2 roll cage or 4 point cage

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
don't really know if my terms are right, but i'm thinking of putting a half-cage for my putra. umm, where can i get this done? heard exhaust shops can do it too. pls quote a rough figure for this cage. thanks :)

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
My fren did his full roll cage in Jaafar about 3 years ago. It was RM800. It was a Wira

Now I heard it cost abour RM1,000++

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
not too keen on full cages cause then i'd have to wear a helmet everywhere i go hahaha.

do they include those rubber insulation too?

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Dangerous to install roll cage for street driven cars...If knock your head on the steel bar....Plakkkkk kepala bocor.......

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
joeker,
so that's what it's called! thanks :)

titanrev,
dude, that's why i'm asking for 1/2 cage not full.

ninja_iga,
thanks, will look for you for superlon and titans when the time comes :)
did you cage your slk? if so how much/where/yadi yadi yoda :p

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
whatdamn

yep, it was caged. WRC Motorsports has designed a 6point +2 on B-pillars bolt-in for Kancils.
costed me RM2500, installation was sponsored in return for sticker space.

Putra, you can buy bolt-ins from Japanese half-cuts. MUST be in good condition! less than RM1000 you can get a nice decent 6 point from Cusco (no accident damage WHATSOEVER)

Japanese cages are relatively cheap AND stronger (compared to many rollcages made in exhaust shops here) and most of them has holes drilled in the tubing (smallish, 4mm?) simply to show scrutineers how thick the material is!

just make sure you use NEW bolts of the same spec when you install it into your ride :)
makes difference, since it's more for safety..

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
If half cage legal for street driven cars ??

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
ninja,
hmm, nvr thought of looking for halfcuts as the cages are full cages right? i'll scout around anyway. thanks. :)

titanrev,
i think 1/2 cage is legal....kua hahah.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
My friend has a very funny suggestion. If want legal wan put PVC pipe as rollcage.....Hahahaha:D :p

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
well...........................

the full-cages can be used as half cages actually :) just don't bolt-on the front hoop.

oh btw, half cages are useful for roll-overs only, nothing more.
might as well put it a full-cage, at least got better protection.

to be safe:
SuperLon pad it (thick 19mm) all the vital areas (head, mostly)
4 point harness (properly mounted, thank you)
full bucket seats
brand new proper spec bolts for the cage. Tightened properly.

then now you must come/cook up a plausible explanation why you need a cage in your car to JPJ

*all my advice are for your viewing pleasures only. Whether you choose to follow it or not, i'm not liable for anything, especially problems that my advice may cause. You should be mature enough to make your own judgements :D

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
so no one can tell us is it legal or not?

killerloop25

Known Member
Aug 31, 2004
A roll cage serves only as a safety device in case your car rolls. It is not designed to take impacts and that why its called a roll cage and not an impact cage.
Having half a roll cage is just as good as not having one on. Having half a roll cage especially the rear portion is similiar to only having one leg instead of two. What purpose does it serves to only have the rear portion only when its you that requires the protection and you'll probably be sitting in front and not at the back.
It is road illegal to have a roll cage on.....
Furthermore it takes up space in the car and it'll be a bit cramp. Unless you not a poser and you're into track, drag or rallying then its a good move.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The evolution of Sepang’s 12-hour Merdeka Millennium Endurance Race (MMER) continues for its 11th edition in 2010 with the event promoter and organizer – Sepang International Circuit...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience