[?]: Brake Master Cylinder

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
Guys,

may i know what is the reason behind changing to a brake master cylinder such as the one pictured below? i've noticed the R3 Putra having 2 cylinders of the same size next to the clutch that looks something like this...i'm wondering the purpose of changing it compared to the stock one, is it for adjustability of the brake pedal height?

pls enlighten. :)

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
whatdamn said:
Guys,

may i know what is the reason behind changing to a brake master cylinder such as the one pictured below? i've noticed the R3 Putra having 2 cylinders of the same size next to the clutch that looks something like this...i'm wondering the purpose of changing it compared to the stock one, is it for adjustability of the brake pedal height?

pls enlighten. :)

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/resources/images/zoom/GDR74.jpg
Are you refer to this ?

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y55/oldjunk/Clutch.jpg

If yes that would be the hydrolic clutch fluid container

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
by having tandemed pistons in the brake master cylinder, you can have a more even pressure towards all wheels.

2 pistons means better presure applied instead of one. every piston feeds either front brake or rear.

this is only a simple answer, not complete definitions though. hope it helps.

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
g88,
i know what that is la hahha. but that's not what i'm referring too.

zan,
ah i see, so it works like a brake bias for the front and the rear?

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
whatdamn said:
g88,

zan,
ah i see, so it works like a brake bias for the front and the rear?
yupp, and its also fail-safe in a way, let say one master cylinder piston failed, the other one still works though with lower efficiency.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi,

im having problem where my steering in the kelisa will tend to turn on its own when crossing uneven road, it would not stay straight and tight, it seems loose and quite dangerous when im driving fast

a tyre shop told me its the freeplay at steering bush, i just got it replaced so he suggested to wrap the bush making it thicker so void will be filled, less freeplay. but they will have to bring down steering rack or something like that which costs labor of rm150

as added info, im...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience