Want 2 modified my dad's toyota unser 1.8gli

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
You mean sourcing for wear and tear replacement parts?

Unser also about the same as both also use leaf spring for rear
When you say "play", do you mean engine swap, parts custom fitment, etc? If yes then good luck finding cheap engines to "play" with. High demand = high prices

YEBWOY27

Apr 24, 2018
Kuala Lumpur
It is. Same goes for Inova and Rush (which shares the same Avanza platform)
Wonder what was their reason. Thought FWD was less complicated to engineer. I laughed when an Avanza owner told me he joined drifting competition. Turns out jokes on me

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Wonder what was their reason. Thought FWD was less complicated to engineer. I laughed when an Avanza owner told me he joined drifting competition. Turns out jokes on me
If use to carry stuffs, then RWD is better

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Apart from the Avanza, the Unser and Innova are heavy weight load carriers. I once had 9 people in my old Unser going up Genting and boy did that 1.8L struggle, but slowly and surely we reached the top without even breaking a sweat at those steep corners. The Innova highest load was 6 people with luggage up Genting and that didn't break a sweat at all although some corners had me driving in "1"

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
The same reason why vans like Vanette, Hiace and even Perodua Rusa are RWD. Same for lorries and trucks as well. RWD layout with rear leaf springs. Easier to push a car carrying heavy load than pulling a car. Kinda like what Izso said.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The same reason why vans like Vanette, Hiace and even Perodua Rusa are RWD. Same for lorries and trucks as well. RWD layout with rear leaf springs. Easier to push a car carrying heavy load than pulling a car. Kinda like what Izso said.
Years ago we actually did a pick up test between a FWD and RWD. With driver alone the FWD was fast, but fully loaded with passengers the FWD did more wheel spin so the RWD was faster......lol

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Gilo betul ni x pikir pulak ada org mod unser Haha. Axle ada LSD ke main drift terus huhu

Sleeper merr with that giant intercooler up front :laugh:

axle std unser or straight use jz/rb axle?

if std unser axle...go for powerzone LSD la..cheap and reliable lsd...

just not like cuso/kaaz race lsd lah...

giant intercooler front... but ppl cucuk from behind sure eat smoke ady

Last edited:

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
axle std unser or straight use jz/rb axle?

if std unser axle...go for powerzone LSD la..cheap and reliable lsd...

just like cuso/kaaz race lsd lah...

giant intercooler front... but ppl cucuk from behind sure eat smoke ady
I'm sorry but Powerzone and other local 'LSD' are NOT true LSD per se and are definitely NOTHING compared to Cusco/Kaaz LSD. They are not torque sensitive in terms of function, and will destroy your diff over time. Please do not compare these LSD inserts to the likes of clutch-based LSD like Cusco and Kaaz which are much more complicated and really works.

You can read more here
https://www.jackstransmissions.com/pages/lsd-inserts

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
I'm sorry but Powerzone and other local 'LSD' are NOT true LSD per se and are definitely NOTHING compared to Cusco/Kaaz LSD. They are not torque sensitive in terms of function, and will destroy your diff over time. Please do not compare these LSD inserts to the likes of clutch-based LSD like Cusco and Kaaz which are much more complicated and really works.

You can read more here
https://www.jackstransmissions.com/pages/lsd-inserts

sorry..my post above missing "un" infront of the words... :driver:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Was once offered a LSD gb, but cannot find the drive shaft, differ from my standard ones....:bawling:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It’s one of those scenarios that you always wondered about but never really got the chance to see played out. Sure cars going sideways are a thing of art but even their two-wheeled counterparts can get that back end out and that is sublime art.

So here we have a Mazda RX-7 with a 375hp Corvette V8 under the hood going up against a 2005 Kawasaki ZX10 with 175hp. Taking the reigns of the RX-7 is pro race car...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience