Want 2 modified my dad's toyota unser 1.8gli

Jun 24, 2013
Sabah
I'm 15 years old and I want my dad toyota unser to be more powerful? BTW my dad unser is automatic tranmission the acceleration is veryyy slow.what modification should I put into my dad unser?

Should I?:
1.Change the original air filter to power intake filter
2.Put Turbo on it
3.Or just tune the engine@computer box

Sorry if my modification is not logic.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
First of all, are you paying for this or is your dad? Or are you just hypothesizing the whole thing?

Personally I used to own a Unser and it's not slow by any means. Just old and worn. A full overhaul and service will bring back a lot of torque that engine has. Removing the front fan motor and fan and replacing it with a electric fan will bring out some grunt too. And instead of upgrading power, do something about that horrendous brakes. And lighten the car load. The car weight is madness so much so the inertia from an Unser going at 60km/h and emergency braking is enough to break tyre traction and skid about 5ft

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Erm..guys...I have a question to the TS..

Have you drive your dad's Unser before?
If yes, wait 2 more years and you will feel the difference. Of course, if you pass the driving test and possess a valid license.

croydon

Known Member
Jun 10, 2010
Langkawi
I'm 15 years old and my dad want toyota unser to be more powerful? BTW my dad unser is automatic tranmission the acceleration is veryyy slow
1 - not much diff
2 - basic bot cost 3k (better change SR20 engine, 4AGE 20valve, 1G-GTE @ etc)
3 -

Unser 4A-GE 4throttle

2003 Toyota Unser "Monsters Unser Twin Turbo" - Johor, owned by SwATcHGuY Page:1 at Cardomain.com

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/toyota/317604-can-1g-gte-put-into-toyota-unser.html

SR20 DET engine for sale RM3.3k

Unser SR20 DET

1JZ
http://www.modifikasi.com/showthrea...a-Kapsul02-With-1JZ-GTE-2500cc-Twin-Turbo-M-T

Unser engine = The 1.8 L (1,781 cc) Output was 80 hp (60 kW) at 4600 RPM and 103 lb·ft (139 N·m) at 2800

SR20 DET = S13/14/15 Nissan Silvia
S13 Nissan 180SX, 205 ps (150.78 kW) / 6000 rpm;(274.59 N*m) / 4000 rpm
S14 + S14a Nissan 200SX, 220 ps (161.81 kW) / 6000 rpm;(274.59 N*m) / 4800 rpm
S15 Nissan Silvia (JDM), 250 ps (183.88 kW) / 6400 rpm;(274.59 N*m) / 4800 rpm

4A-GE (20-valve) silvertop = This engine produces 160 PS (118 kW) at 7,400 rpm with 16.5 kg·m (162 N·m) of torque at 5,200 rpm

1G-GTE = output from 185 to 210 hp (138 to 157 kW) at 6200 rpm and 173 to 203 lb·ft (234 to 275 Nm) at 3800 rpm
Toyota Condor with 4000cc 1UZ-FE V8 Auto toyota Lexus engine (google for more detail)

convert 2.0 auto

convert 2.4 GLD (M) Diesel

tag; unser turbo, kijang turbo, condor turbo

Last edited:

quicksilver7

Known Member
Sep 15, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I'm 15 years old and I want my dad toyota unser to be more powerful? BTW my dad unser is automatic tranmission the acceleration is veryyy slow.what modification should I put into my dad unser?

Should I?:
1.Change the original air filter to power intake filter
2.Put Turbo on it
3.Or just tune the engine@computer box

Sorry if my modification is not logic.
1. no point
2. will produce the most power
3. do you have the tools and knowledge to tune a car?

basically point 2 is the best, but like you said you're 15. unless you're gonna persuade your dad to turbocharge his unser which in 99.9% of scenarios, your dad will just say no. so what can you do? suck thumb, cry, sulk, wait till you start working and earn your own cash. like me lol

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Some put in 1G-GE if i recall correctly. But then, Unser is not a car that I find worth modding unless you just want more torque for the car.

But then lots of things to change besides engine and TS is only 15 years old. Don't think he can afford any of this or just ask out of curiousity.

kayour

Known Member
Apr 5, 2006
just do nothing la
1. study 4 ur pmr first la
2.u wanna play unser ke??...not 'masuk' 4 young guy la...n u r too young

Noyl_4age

Jun 24, 2013
Sabah
Actually my dad unser need some torque because I have 8 family members including me....so if we all are inthe car the accelereration is moreee slower....
Maybe supra_fanatic idea can help me

My dad friend told him tat the unser here that sent people to all state of sabah has swap their engine to a hilux 2.5 d4d engine.They even put unichip on it

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
your dad needs the power or u need it?
just rebuild the engine & will last u another 10 years ++ .
get a new set or undercarriage bushings, suspensions etc.....
refurbish its interior rather than spend it all on changing engine.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Actually my dad unser need some torque because I have 8 family members including me....so if we all are inthe car the accelereration is moreee slower....
Maybe supra_fanatic idea can help me

My dad friend told him tat the unser here that sent people to all state of sabah has swap their engine to a hilux 2.5 d4d engine.They even put unichip on it
1G-GE/1G-GTE engine is not easy to find, like what croydon has posted, those are a few options of engine transplant that your dad can choose from. Engine transplant is not cheap. More power means you have to upgrade other stuffs like brakes, suspension and etcs.

Even the engine have to see if there are any parts needed to be change since is used engine and not new.

Btw, you look up too highly upon me :rofl: I'm no sifu in this. Just like I said heard an unser with 1G-GE before. But u can google
up on what others had done on their unsers to get some good tips from people who have done it before is better.

You can google up on what things that people had done to improve the Toyota Unser. Either that if can afford a new MPV, by all means.
Unser is also quite an old mpv

your dad needs the power or u need it?
just rebuild the engine & will last u another 10 years ++ .
get a new set or undercarriage bushings, suspensions etc.....
refurbish its interior rather than spend it all on changing engine.
Ya, was thinking the same, the dad needs the power or him?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
All your specs looked like directly copied from wikipedia. lol

Some put in 1G-GE if i recall correctly. But then, Unser is not a car that I find worth modding unless you just want more torque for the car.

But then lots of things to change besides engine and TS is only 15 years old. Don't think he can afford any of this or just ask out of curiousity.
I think TS is modding it for extra power, not for performance or racing. So, we just give him some advice or opinion. We do what we can to help, as for what he wants to do with the car, that decision lies on his own hands. :biggrin:

just do nothing la
1. study 4 ur pmr first la
2.u wanna play unser ke??...not 'masuk' 4 young guy la...n u r too young
PMR too easy to pass :rofl:
Too young is not a problem. As long as willing to learn, any age also is okay. Besides, there's no age restriction at this forum.

1G-GE/1G-GTE engine is not easy to find, like what croydon has posted, those are a few options of engine transplant that your dad can choose from. Engine transplant is not cheap. More power means you have to upgrade other stuffs like brakes, suspension and etcs.

Even the engine have to see if there are any parts needed to be change since is used engine and not new.

Btw, you look up too highly upon me :rofl: I'm no sifu in this. Just like I said heard an unser with 1G-GE before. But u can google
up on what others had done on their unsers to get some good tips from people who have done it before is better.

You can google up on what things that people had done to improve the Toyota Unser. Either that if can afford a new MPV, by all means.
Unser is also quite an old mpv

Ya, was thinking the same, the dad needs the power or him?
Haha, you are really good at Toyota engines. By the way, this is the first time I've heard of 1G-GE engine and I went to look up for it's specs. Then only I found out that this engine is so old already. Almost 30 years. But I don't think it is easy to find such an old engine especially finding one in good condition. And this engine don't really looked like those popular Toyota engines out there such as 4A-GE, 3S-GTE, 2JZ-GTE and 1JZ-GTE. So, trying to source this engine could be a little difficult.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys...

My long time plan finally has an update. There is this guy who called me up today and is willing to swap with me his manual gearbox for my auto. Tomorrow we will meet and test each others car. Then if everything is fine, will proceed ^^.

Before anything, just want to get some opinions if there is anyone who done this project before. Please share experience.

1. Is it complicated?
2. Have to change ECU?
3. What are the common problems associated with manual gearbox? For...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience