1jz E36 BMW frankensteining

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Not really sitting for a year la... just out of the whole year I got to drive it for 2 weeks only. The rest of the year it was either fixing something or doing something.

But to be totally fair - I am a little OCD. So a little vibrate here or mess there, I get irritated and will want to fix it.

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
officiate it this Saturday la. goddess of Kwan Yin remembrance. or make it on 31st Halloween

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb
Not really sitting for a year la... just out of the whole year I got to drive it for 2 weeks only. The rest of the year it was either fixing something or doing something.

But to be totally fair - I am a little OCD. So a little vibrate here or mess there, I get irritated and will want to fix it.
That is alot of downtime. Buying and expensive toy and only looking at it. I be you are excited once this thing is really up and running. Then you can finally harvest the fruits of your labour. :beer:

Reactions: Izso

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008

Dude congrats ! I hope mine is can be released too within next month ! Currently installing intercooler and work on the RPM cluster and aircond. At least all the fans are blowing ! Give me a ride too 1

Thanks,
Ken

Reactions: Izso

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Dude congrats ! I hope mine is can be released too within next month ! Currently installing intercooler and work on the RPM cluster and aircond. At least all the fans are blowing ! Give me a ride too 1

Thanks,
Ken
It's the same car la.. won't be that much a difference except when the boost kicks in only

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Thanks,
Ken
So, 2 monsters coming out......:adore:

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb
It's the same car la.. won't be that much a difference except when the boost kicks in only
its definitely going to be much more drive-able with the holset hx35 compared to the hx55 that was on the car previously? was the car set up for drag? i wondered how the last owner drove with such a huge turbo on a 2.5l block, the boost threshold and lag is unimaginable...

So, 2 monsters coming out......:adore:
i guess its because its the Halloween season, haha...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
stock auto vs a souped up manual wor... how much more difference u want? :rofl:
shuddup.. ssshhh.. it's the same so shuddup

its definitely going to be much more drive-able with the holset hx35 compared to the hx55 that was on the car previously? was the car set up for drag? i wondered how the last owner drove with such a huge turbo on a 2.5l block, the boost threshold and lag is unimaginable...
Even by normal standards, the HX35 is already too big. I don't want 700hp on the wheel, I want 700nm torque but unfortunately I don't have that. And I don't know how the hell he drove with the HX55.. the boost fully kicked in 5k rpm and redline 7k... so it's super unusable power band.

Reactions: sanekit

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

Even by normal standards, the HX35 is already too big. I don't want 700hp on the wheel, I want 700nm torque but unfortunately I don't have that. And I don't know how the hell he drove with the HX55.. the boost fully kicked in 5k rpm and redline 7k... so it's super unusable power band.
u still got the hx55?

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
More than 350 hp at the wheels ? It's not going to feel the same ! You will be ripping your rear tyres even at the HP.

Thanks,
Ken

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb

The HX35 is pretty sizeable but still ok for a 2.5l block, should be able to push about 500hp. Seriously I don’t think the engine can generate enough exhaust to put the hx55 turbo in it’s efficient range even at such high rpm. The power and torque curve must have been quite horrible:laugh:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
u still got the hx55?
nope. Why would I want it? Had it traded in for the 35

More than 350 hp at the wheels ? It's not going to feel the same ! You will be ripping your rear tyres even at the HP.
Driving slower and not launching won't rip anything la. I don't fancy launch control and wasting precious expensive tyre threads. PS4 17" not cheap wei!

The HX35 is pretty sizeable but still ok for a 2.5l block, should be able to push about 500hp. Seriously I don’t think the engine can generate enough exhaust to put the hx55 turbo in it’s efficient range even at such high rpm. The power and torque curve must have been quite horrible:laugh:
Yeah. But 400hp (Dynojet) is as much as I care to go. My understanding is the clutch is at its limits and I don't plan on using super sticky 3-puck/4-puck/gazillion-puck clutches since this is a daily.

I remember the owner once telling me about a run they had, all the supras were whizzing by and he was like "OKKKK boost coming in... coming in.. COME ONNNN... getting there.... almost!.... BOOOOOST" and the convoy had to stop after that... Sommore it was on video. So hilarious to watch.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello zth ppl,

Yesterday I went to chat with a mech who is very pro mod halfcut into local cars, I was asking his opinion on braking system best for hillclimb and downhill. I said I want a kind of brakes that, press half slow down, press all lock the wheel. This is what he share with me;

Single pot (big caliper)
- Act just like stock factory single pot, press half to slow down, press 80% to stop the car, press all to lock the wheel.

Twin pot (big caliper)
- This one very powerful, apply...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience