D.I.Y Cold Air Intake & Water Injection for Carburetor

Sophisticated

Nov 18, 2003
Hey bro,

Need to cut hole for the engine bonnet ah?? wahlau....like this...not good leh. Got any other way?

unknown1x

Known Member
Sep 26, 2006
lol.. efi.. can do also.. heheh i got the whole plan stuck in my head.. but. ur scoop.. have to be side abit lah.. hahahaha

best way is cut hood .. by cutting hood. you wil have instant air compare to cold air intale which scoop from front = more dusty air. nand needs to travel some distance.. in still insist on doing cai style can.. go get 2 3-4 inch one... intake from ur bumber, connect into box! wala! there u go! haha

Kendconcerto

Known Member
Jan 4, 2006
xtorm,

This issue had already taken into consideration. My airbox is atually tilting to the left slightly, all rain water till flow sideways n drained from the hole drilled on the box.

:)

KLEMANN

Known Member
Apr 5, 2006
may i ask sumthing????
is about da filter shape...my car oso run wit carb..but da sized is quite big n round shape like those old classic jap car...
how do i make tat shape coz i find its different from ur proton stock engine.....

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
KLEMANN said:
may i ask sumthing????
is about da filter shape...my car oso run wit carb..but da sized is quite big n round shape like those old classic jap car...
how do i make tat shape coz i find its different from ur proton stock engine.....
in order to make that shape, u need to buy new one... air filter element cannot diy one lah... unless, u say diy tapak to fit the air filter, possible lar.....

ohya, kend taikor not using standard proton carb ler... thats why his K&N filter looks different.... different filter model to fit different carburettor....

Kendconcerto

Known Member
Jan 4, 2006
ahem............ :P

xtorm

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2003
Kendconcerto said:
xtorm,

This issue had already taken into consideration. My airbox is atually tilting to the left slightly, all rain water till flow sideways n drained from the hole drilled on the box.

:)
hehe, i was telling tose tat r going to do tis DIY, else they will think biger holes r better....

u better write some warning there :P

KLEMANN

Known Member
Apr 5, 2006
oic......anyway to all senior member my car using 4G32 is a mitsubshi engine n car as well...do u all know tis 4G32?????? got any tips to how to maintain engine especially carb...is driving me crazy.....

Kendconcerto

Known Member
Jan 4, 2006
xtorm said:
hehe, i was telling tose tat r going to do tis DIY, else they will think biger holes r better....

u better write some warning there :P
Actually I myself is NOT an engineer or researcher :tongwink:

The size of the hole, I just follow back the size a regular stock 1.8 airbox (About 2.5 inches) Nearly the same size as my exhaust :regular_smile:

Kendconcerto

Known Member
Jan 4, 2006
I think you are right, xtorm.... Thanks for the enlightenment :)

Nulla Chongla

Feb 12, 2007
Just bloody brilliant!

That's the best DIY thing I've seen on an Iswara in a long time.

Kendconcerto

Known Member
Jan 4, 2006
Anyway, this setup nolonger with my car now, I converted into EFi.

but the DIY was rewarding, the effect was really there.

Thanks for the comments :)

burnner

1,500 RPM
Feb 12, 2007
or maybe your engine sudah jahanam cause mix with too much water???
safer way is just use your car air-cond pipe, just lay them along the inlet of our air filter hose and when you on your air cond, then you can get cold air in your car/efi also...at least during hujan lebat, tak banjir la cab????

Kendconcerto

Known Member
Jan 4, 2006
Check out the pictures in PAGE 1 before you comments.

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
or maybe your engine sudah jahanam cause mix with too much water???
safer way is just use your car air-cond pipe, just lay them along the inlet of our air filter hose and when you on your air cond, then you can get cold air in your car/efi also...at least during hujan lebat, tak banjir la cab????
Kendconcerto's idea is the same as most rally teams used to in their cars...his version are for carbs application...

basically, this idea known to lower in-cylinder temperatures and burn the air/fuel mixture more efficiently thus helping avoid detonation.

Please read "How a water injection system works"

Nice work dude...I'm looking for CAI/Water solution for EFI but I found urs instead...very enlightening...wonders my mom would let me drill holes in her iswara's bonnet :X-:

Kendconcerto

Known Member
Jan 4, 2006
Hehehehe, just dont let her found out the hole.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

How can one man good friend became enemy

100 ways to loose a frienship.......... ranking #1

scratch his car

I got a very distress call

so distress that, almost requires an ambulance or a paramedic to the crime scene

Upon looking and accessing the damages
Was speechless and silence stood still inbetween the owner and me

The Cold War ragging within us...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience