Which 1.6L used car to go?

15"
because it is the lightest rim, and at that size you have choices of rubbers at the lowest price possible. Back then, at 15" you can choose F1 GSD3, Pilot Sports 2, Advan AD-07, Toyo T1R etc. 14" was too limited in terms of rubber choices.

Of course now tyre manufacturers moving to larger sizes.

Despite my love for RPF1, I must say the finishing on the Rays Engineering TE37 is the best bar none. NOTHING comes close to the anodizing work on Rays.

PS2 don't have 15" also, I think you mean PP2, Pilot Precada 2?

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

I no sifu, real sifu are those like VR2 and Izso and others :laugh:

Probably Izso is, but sifu also you call one, so is or not another matter.....:biggrin:

Probably Izso is, but sifu also you call one, so is or not another matter.....:biggrin:

Whaat? Whoo? Whenn? Howw?

I'm no sifu. The real sifus usually don't have time to post stuff online cuz they busy making money with their skills. I learnt a lot from people like Drex, Khguan, Donut and a few others, all of whom don't post stuff online anymore except on FB.

But seriously, once you get your hands dirty and do stuff yourself, you'll pick up the skills very fast. I molested my Wira inside and out, so much so I could identify a problem just from experiencing it and/or hearing the problem (my own car la). Since I've learnt the fundamentals I started to work on my other cars and now my new car. Once you've learnt one, the rest are just different variations.

Follow Stupidcar la, he starting to DIY oil changes and stuff on his own car. Made a few mistakes like the drum screw that he literally screwed up, but it's a good lesson mah.

Having said that even those sifus had to start somewhere.

Whaat? Whoo? Whenn? Howw?

I'm no sifu. The real sifus usually don't have time to post stuff online cuz they busy making money with their skills. I learnt a lot from people like Drex, Khguan, Donut and a few others, all of whom don't post stuff online anymore except on FB.

But seriously, once you get your hands dirty and do stuff yourself, you'll pick up the skills very fast. I molested my Wira inside and out, so much so I could identify a problem just from experiencing it and/or hearing the problem (my own car la). Since I've learnt the fundamentals I started to work on my other cars and now my new car. Once you've learnt one, the rest are just different variations.

Follow Stupidcar la, he starting to DIY oil changes and stuff on his own car. Made a few mistakes like the drum screw that he literally screwed up, but it's a good lesson mah.

Having said that even those sifus had to start somewhere.

Another good way is learn from own mistakes......:biggrin::biggrin:

Ya, RPF1 is a sexy rim.. but fake rims are too many in the market, need to very becareful when purchase.
Besides, SSR Type X also is another sexy rim to plug in. But, is quite difficult to get.

Haha! Just kidding la, no la bro, absorb a lot, not really. Mentioned before too technical theory, I won't understand by just reading. Need to actually see the thing or see how it works only can understand. Some can understand base on theory but mostly not all I can understand. Need some deeper explanation sometimes even after reading it. So, how long you are in ZTH doesn't mean u r that knowledgeable la.

I no sifu, real sifu are those like VR2 and Izso and others :laugh:

but a friend confirm that his 4AGE was smoke by a stock SR16VE sentra. Everything stock except engine. So, is quite a potential NA engine for a 1.6L. That's what makes me find Nissan SR16VE is a potential engine to mod in Sentra. Since the stock engine is not good at all. Pick up really bad.

You can learn DIY stuffs from Izso, VR2 and the rest ma. Not that difficult for you to meet them.

4A-GE I think only got like 160hp for 20 Valve version? Sort of weird because that engine has 5 valve per cylinder and independent throttle body. Yet the output is lower than those with single throttle body and 4 valve per cylinder. Because of camshaft settings?

make mistakes on a car its ok, but dun make a mistake marrying the wrong girl then u screwed for life haha :biggrin:

Haha, well said.

no la.....I love my wife....:love:
just know a few people that had went thru that.

You can learn DIY stuffs from Izso, VR2 and the rest ma. Not that difficult for you to meet them.

4A-GE I think only got like 160hp for 20 Valve version? Sort of weird because that engine has 5 valve per cylinder and independent throttle body. Yet the output is lower than those with single throttle body and 4 valve per cylinder. Because of camshaft settings?

Haha, well said.

Ya I do learn from Sifu VR2turbo on tyres and DIY detailing. Cleaning throttle body or minor stuffs i learn from Izso. I'm more interested in keeping the car clean and shining. Not really the type that change own brake pads and etcs. Throttle body is easier and not time consuming so I would learn how to do that since I can save RM45 for each time cleaning at workshop. Not all I DIY, only some.

no la.....I love my wife....:love:
just know a few people that had went thru that.

That's why they came out with this shirt?

47d702eae5.gif

Ya I do learn from Sifu VR2turbo on tyres and DIY detailing. Cleaning throttle body or minor stuffs i learn from Izso. I'm more interested in keeping the car clean and shining. Not really the type that change own brake pads and etcs. Throttle body is easier and not time consuming so I would learn how to do that since I can save RM45 for each time cleaning at workshop. Not all I DIY, only some.

It is time, we make some from those you do not DIY......:driver::rofl:

Cleaning throttle body is easy? I hope I can learn that as well. Interested in doing it.

Cleaning throttle body is easy? I hope I can learn that as well. Interested in doing it.

Cost wise, it is cheap. But I need to learn about how to unscrew the right screw first.

Wira very super duper easy. If you can identify which is the TB, then it's super easy. But Wira uses a gasket there so you'll need to prepare that.

Wira very super duper easy. If you can identify which is the TB, then it's super easy. But Wira uses a gasket there so you'll need to prepare that.

I know where the TB is. It is infront of the plenum. You can make the engine rev by pushing that thing connected to the butterfly valve. But I'm not sure about how to take the whole thing out.

I know where the TB is. It is infront of the plenum. You can make the engine rev by pushing that thing connected to the butterfly valve. But I'm not sure about how to take the whole thing out.

Disconnect the sensor, 4 size 10 bolts unscrew and you can carefully pry open the TB from the gasket if it doesn't free itself up. Very very simple.

But if you're driving a VDO Wira, be very very gentle so you don't upset the ISC or stepper motor. If that goes out of alignment you need the PDT to reset it. So no knocking it or shaking it violently or any of that.

MMC not as sensitive.

Disconnect the sensor, 4 size 10 bolts unscrew and you can carefully pry open the TB from the gasket if it doesn't free itself up. Very very simple.

But if you're driving a VDO Wira, be very very gentle so you don't upset the ISC or stepper motor. If that goes out of alignment you need the PDT to reset it. So no knocking it or shaking it violently or any of that.

MMC not as sensitive.

Mine is MMC. I'm not entirely sure where the TB gasket is...

attachment.php

Attachments

• mmc throttle body.jpg
    mmc throttle body.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 551

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom