Buy a used car

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I guess they tested in the winter, but not in the summer! Fail Germans.
What I heard now is cannot use FS oil, after changing to mineral oil seems problem is solved.
Hmmm... means FS not meant for all application....:hmmmm:

stereobiru

May 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
hello friends, i want to ask some question. Normally if we want to get a used car (from dealer or private), the car is actually OTR price? or there a have additional cost need to cover?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
hello friends, i want to ask some question. Normally if we want to get a used car (from dealer or private), the car is actually OTR price? or there a have additional cost need to cover?
Insurance, Road tax if already expired, Transfer fee.......

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
normally, how much yeah the max amount of these thing that i should prepared? hehe
Let me give you real life example since I only just completed my transfer. I assume you'll be going to get a loan.

- Loan insurance (depends on how much loan) is a must.
- Name transfer fee, usually about 10%-15% value of the car.
- New road tax.
- New car insurance (remember to transfer NCB if you have).
- Things that you'll need to spend on fixing up the car. In my case tyres + CVT gear oil + engine oil + spark plugs + air filter. Depending on car condition. If you unlucky then gaskets and oil seals also.
- Puspakom check RM90 for full check (required by bank)

That's it. If you're buying the car cash, it's cheaper.

- Name transfer fee
- New road tax
- New car insurance
- Repair stuff
- Puspakom check RM30 (only 4 things are checked. Easier to pass).

Usually if you buy from used car they will settle all these things with you. If you buy with a loan, the JPJ name registration they will handle and you don't need to go JPJ personally. If you're buying cash direct from seller (not used car) then you and seller need to go JPJ after Puspakom to transfer name.

ExceL

1,500 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
Ampang/KL
Visit site
Just sharing an incident I found myself in over the weekend.
I am currently shopping for the previous model Toyota Wish, eyeing the low spec model priced from high 50k to mid 60k. Most usedcar dealers I surveyed online are overpriced, so I am eyeing private sellers, just a handful of private sellers only.

Anyway, what looked like an idea example was located in Shah Alam, private seller, car looks honest (in photos) and the seller was willing to negotiate on the price (his starting price is my max budget so it was PERFECT situation).

Long story short, I had arranged for 2 viewings however due to unforeseen circumstances I had to cancel, and I had informed the seller several hours before our agreed time as so not to waste his time.

So on Saturday I had arranged for a viewing at his place, so before leaving I had told the seller I was on the way, he said Ok and I was already driving anyway. It rained, traffic jam, multi tolls later I reached. Upon reaching to our agree location, I contacted the buyer,....and this is when things got completely turned to absolute shit.

He has the nerve to tell me that he has got another buyer, and that I was late. Wat.The.F?. He said he is tired and does not want to come meet me (5mins from where his house is he said). What kind of scumbag of a human being is this?

After bickering for couple minutes, he finally said if I drove to his house then I can see the car...then I asked him, he said he has a buyer already so what the fuck is the reason I would drive to his house?. Wat an asshat.

I promply ended the call there, stuck at Shah Alam stadium car park, in the rain, in front of some guys doing autocross practice in their Kenari, Polo & a silly french crap car. What an asshole.

If cash sale; depends on buyer & sellers negotiation/deal, all in price or car price. But usually insurance & roadtax purchased by buyer.

If private owner, usually inspection in payed by seller as they have to proof the car is roadworthy & legal, fair. 'Tukar nama' cost can be discussed, but insurance & roadtax confirmed the seller has to buy.
PUSPAKOM RM30
JPJ RM100

If used car dealer...no comment, I avoid used car dealers at all costs :mad:

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Puspakom is RM30 if it's a cash buy. If it's a hire purchase the check is more comprehensive RM90. Make sure even the stupid wipers and bulbs are all working cuz they check this as well.

If you go JPJ to transfer name it's RM100 for the transfer fee and RM0.40 for the IC photocopy. Bring Puspakom report + car registration card.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Let me give you real life example since I only just completed my transfer. I assume you'll be going to get a loan.

- New road tax.
- Things that you'll need to spend on fixing up the car. In my case tyres + CVT gear oil + engine oil + spark plugs + air filter. Depending on car condition. If you unlucky then gaskets and oil seals also.

- Name transfer fee
- New road tax
- New car insurance
- Repair stuff

Usually if you buy from used car they will settle all these things with you. If you buy with a loan, the JPJ name registration they will handle and you don't need to go JPJ personally. If you're buying cash direct from seller (not used car) then you and seller need to go JPJ after Puspakom to transfer name.
Bro. Izso, Then If Car is RM50k, transfer fee is RM5K?

stereobiru

May 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur

- New road tax.

- Name transfer fee
- New road tax
- New car insurance
- Repair stuff

Ok..thank for the info bro..

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

If cash sale; depends on buyer & sellers negotiation/deal, all in price or car price. But usually insurance & roadtax purchased by buyer.

If private owner, usually inspection in payed by seller as they have to proof the car is roadworthy & legal, fair. 'Tukar nama' cost can be discussed, but insurance & roadtax confirmed the seller has to buy.
PUSPAKOM RM30
JPJ RM100

yes, i also try to avoid car dealer..hehe

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
True about small things breaking down. Can be a little irritating but the car can still run even with these small things unfixed. Compared with big problems like DSG failure, I'd rather be inside a Wira than in a Passat CC with DSG problem. Not saying VW cars are not good, but the real culprit would be the gearbox. If they are available in manual transmission like Europe, it could be way better.
Haha! Saga BLM under my care no serious problem.

Lolz, thought can try to poison him in getting my car, saw 1st priority, must be low FC...
vios and city? pick whichever you are fancy with, both is similar with different badge... just try not to get the lemons...

wah...taiko suprafan....:adore:
What la? Lol

thank for the input to all otai2..surely need more tips2, info, knowledge from you guys in the future..hehehe
owh..u also just get the used car bro?
If my car don't have buyer yet, would have offer u my saga BLM lol. Hardly use and in perfect condition. So far is under my care so, no problem at all.:biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Maybe... dunno. I paid RM100 for my own car personal transfer. Maybe via bank they charge more

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
go get new car la, wait for best promo such as low int rate, cash back etc, no headache 4 @ least few year @ more if treat like lurve of ur life

wifey lenovo wit tapatalk

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
Just sharing an incident I found myself in over the weekend.
I am currently shopping for the previous model Toyota Wish, eyeing the low spec model priced from high 50k to mid 60k. Most usedcar dealers I surveyed online are overpriced, so I am eyeing private sellers, just a handful of private sellers only.

Anyway, what looked like an idea example was located in Shah Alam, private seller, car looks honest (in photos) and the seller was willing to negotiate on the price (his starting price is my max budget so it was PERFECT situation).

Long story short, I had arranged for 2 viewings however due to unforeseen circumstances I had to cancel, and I had informed the seller several hours before our agreed time as so not to waste his time.

So on Saturday I had arranged for a viewing at his place, so before leaving I had told the seller I was on the way, he said Ok and I was already driving anyway. It rained, traffic jam, multi tolls later I reached. Upon reaching to our agree location, I contacted the buyer,....and this is when things got completely turned to absolute shit.

He has the nerve to tell me that he has got another buyer, and that I was late. Wat.The.F?. He said he is tired and does not want to come meet me (5mins from where his house is he said). What kind of scumbag of a human being is this?

After bickering for couple minutes, he finally said if I drove to his house then I can see the car...then I asked him, he said he has a buyer already so what the fuck is the reason I would drive to his house?. Wat an asshat.

I promply ended the call there, stuck at Shah Alam stadium car park, in the rain, in front of some guys doing autocross practice in their Kenari, Polo & a silly french crap car. What an asshole.

PUSPAKOM RM30
JPJ RM100

should have played the fella back telling him that u have rm60k cash with u, want to deal with him & bring the car back on the same day :rofl:....

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Maybe... dunno. I paid RM100 for my own car personal transfer. Maybe via bank they charge more
Mine way back also paid RM100 for the transfer......:driver:

---------- Post added at 10:04 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

go get new car la, wait for best promo such as low int rate, cash back etc, no headache 4 @ least few year @ more if treat like lurve of ur life
Sometimes not necessary. If kena get lemon new car you will be sending back to SC every now and then also....:banghead::biggrin:

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
Mine way back also paid RM100 for the transfer......:driver:

---------- Post added at 10:04 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

Sometimes not necessary. If kena get lemon new car you will be sending back to SC every now and then also....:banghead::biggrin:
got point there oso, but that's my opinion, btw if TS is getting used ones in cash @ huge downpayment than think it's ok 4 him coz from what I know, int% for used is higher summore:confused:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My car engine is leaking......been like this for a month
Do I need to overhaul it how much they usually charge for Honda EG non vtech engine.......and how long does it takes to repair it.....
I think the oil leak is come from my gasket at the radiator hose.....I dont know very well about car sorry if I dont give enough information
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience