Choice of Project Car

faruck

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2011
selangor
but kesian laa to all the couple who did their research project in the car :bootyshake: .....bfore this they did when the sun goes down...but the thing is that all the ah beng love to beng sana sini at nite...sighhhh such a waste for them!hahahaha

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
More place for ah beng to hang their clothes as well because many of them equipped very large spoiler on their cars.

BuroQ

Known Member
Sep 13, 2004
Border Town
For me personally if I had the dough, I'd go either for an Impreza or an Altezza (Hopefully don't have female scandal with name ends with za. Had to be specific since some male names ends with za for example redza :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:)

I guess everyone is waiting for the outcome of GE13 to make any decision on buying a new car, used car or project car.

leonl

Known Member
Aug 16, 2009
USA
For me personally if I had the dough, I'd go either for an Impreza or an Altezza (Hopefully don't have female scandal with name ends with za. Had to be specific since some male names ends with za for example redza :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:)

I guess everyone is waiting for the outcome of GE13 to make any decision on buying a new car, used car or project car.
Altezza in MY 4 or 6 cylinders?
2JZ in Altezza will be a fun car.
I would love to have a V8 LSX in S30 Datsun Z chassis (V8 Fairlady).

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Altezza with the heart of a toyota monster. Indeed sweet!

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb
nice...this topic is also something that i have long wanted but don't have the extra dough to implement...
for something cheaper, you can consider a starlet GT too or a honda CRX. that was something i was looking at but worried about car being alittle too old and cant find parts...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Imaging 4 doors twin turbo Supra :biggrin:
At least home minister won't complain or stop u from buying a 4 door car. 2doors would be otherwise.
Best is they usually don't know much about cars :biggrin:

leonl

Known Member
Aug 16, 2009
USA
At least home minister won't complain or stop u from buying a 4 door car. 2doors would be otherwise.
Best is they usually don't know much about cars :biggrin:
Ha ha. Right on. I think the limitation in MY is the size of engine. The higher the cc, the more expensive road tax is, right? I kind of "spoiled" & "hooked" high cc engine, totally bad fuel consumption but put a smile on my face. For a smaller engine, force inductions like supercharger, turbocharger or even twin charger are good alternate to get more power.

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

Unless your gf is also petrol head......:rofl:
MY wife was not a motor head when we were ******, she could not even tell between a VW and Porsche. She is totally converted now. She can tell a car by the wheel alone and wakes up 6 am to watch Formula 1 :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

Oh oh. I forgot about a few other nice projects.

1. AE86 with Honda S2000 engine, 6 speed, digital gauge, and all the whole 9 yard.
2. 13B or cosmo 20B in an AE86 or E36 ?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ha ha. Right on. I think the limitation in MY is the size of engine. The higher the cc, the more expensive road tax is, right? I kind of "spoiled" & "hooked" high cc engine, totally bad fuel consumption but put a smile on my face. For a smaller engine, force inductions like supercharger, turbocharger or even twin charger are good alternate to get more power.

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

MY wife was not a motor head when we were ******, she could not even tell between a VW and Porsche. She is totally converted now. She can tell a car by the wheel alone and wakes up 6 am to watch Formula 1 :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

Oh oh. I forgot about a few other nice projects.

1. AE86 with Honda S2000 engine, 6 speed, digital gauge, and all the whole 9 yard.
2. 13B or cosmo 20B in an AE86 or E36 ?
Cars are cheap in US. My friend who have small Jap cars here in MY, now driving BMW and the bigger cc cars over there....:driver:

My wife even though not into cars, but knows a fair bit. Younger days she even help her father grind valve when he overhaul their own car....:biggrin:

leonl

Known Member
Aug 16, 2009
USA
Cars are cheap in US. My friend who have small Jap cars here in MY, now driving BMW and the bigger cc cars over there....:driver:

My wife even though not into cars, but knows a fair bit. Younger days she even help her father grind valve when he overhaul their own car....:biggrin:
It is. Lucky for car guys like me. Most of us been through 20 - 30 cars and still counting :biggrin:
I buy them, drive it for a while and sell it. Still can make a few bucks out of it. My first car was $800 VW rabbit. Love that car. Drove it around San Fran all day long with some friends, sold it for $850 after graduated.

Wow, that's a "keeper". Imaging you are sitting there drinking your beer while your wife rebuilt your engine and drop it into the car and crank it up for you. Wow, that will make many "man" jealous. :driver:

A friend of mine met his wife at auto-x. She beats him at all races, weather it is auto-x, track, or hill climb. Then go home and cook dinner for him. :rofl:

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb
why no one mention corolla SEG? with BT 20v...though i think these are the lower cat compared to the ones like supra/skylines/evos...

CountersteerSan

Known Member
Feb 16, 2013
Johor
why no one mention corolla SEG? with BT 20v...though i think these are the lower cat compared to the ones like supra/skylines/evos...
I'm driving an AE101, but it is running on 4afe only. Wanted to swap BT but then decided to just scrap the plan and find a cheap FR layout track car, at least can alternate between drifting and abit of grip racing :driver:

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb
I'm driving an AE101, but it is running on 4afe only. Wanted to swap BT but then decided to just scrap the plan and find a cheap FR layout track car, at least can alternate between drifting and abit of grip racing :driver:
ah...nice, thats a very reliable workhorse...so which FR layout car are you getting?

CountersteerSan

Known Member
Feb 16, 2013
Johor
ah...nice, thats a very reliable workhorse...so which FR layout car are you getting?
Don't know yet, needa see if I'm able to find cheap track cars. If can't find then I'll have to just wait and save up more $$$. It would be nice to find a cheap yet not so rusty/banged up S13/14 or 86..
What about you?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
A shame no one here likes rotaries. I for one would love a chance to disassemble a Rotary engine and mod it to be a 3-rotor, finally fitting it in a FC. FD would be a mistress for alternate days

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

u also can wan.. can go macau tickle bunnies and german autobahn to challenge grim reaper ... yr tickets alone can buy the engine and expenses to finish the build ;)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience