Wira faulty oil pump

STR

Known Member
Sep 27, 2015
Penang
apparently is heard the same on wira se 4g15 quite a lot.....

just reopen and check valve clearance....
Owh so this issue is very common on wira se 4g15? what about the normal wira that is using the same engine as se version?

So you would recommend to go do tappet adjustment? Thank you

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Owh so this issue is very common on wira se 4g15? what about the normal wira that is using the same engine as se version?

So you would recommend to go do tappet adjustment? Thank you
Can try tappet adjustment first before any costly jobs.....:driver:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
ya. check the tappet and adjust first.
Actually I had Wira before and never that noisy. This one probably if is tappet noise, long time no adjust dy, or worse case, can be worn cam shaft but then he did mention sometimes not noisy......lol

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I'd do a few things DIY first :

1. Open the valve / rocker cover and visually inspect the tappets, valve springs, everything. Last time I came across a car that had a screw floating in the oil that contributed to the noise.

2. If there are no foreign objects or loose/damaged parts, adjust and tighten the tappets. 4G15 has no self adjusters or whatever you call them.

3. What oil are you using? and weight? Those oil cap pics the oil looks weird.

STR

Known Member
Sep 27, 2015
Penang
I'd do a few things DIY first :

1. Open the valve / rocker cover and visually inspect the tappets, valve springs, everything. Last time I came across a car that had a screw floating in the oil that contributed to the noise.

2. If there are no foreign objects or loose/damaged parts, adjust and tighten the tappets. 4G15 has no self adjusters or whatever you call them.

3. What oil are you using? and weight? Those oil cap pics the oil looks weird.
1) Okay. I'll open the valve cover and check it out.

2) Adjust and tighten, hmmm. Not sure how to do that, but I could google. Is there anything you would like to tell me about adjusting the tappets all by myself? Anything that I should be aware of so that nothing crazy can happen?
Ive never done that nor open the valve cover before. I always diy service my car, and alot more things, but never till open the engine cover.

3) Castrol magnatec 10W40. :driver:

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
2) Adjust and tighten, hmmm. Not sure how to do that, but I could google. Is there anything you would like to tell me about adjusting the tappets all by myself? Anything that I should be aware of so that nothing crazy can happen?
Ive never done that nor open the valve cover before. I always diy service my car, and alot more things, but never till open the engine cover.
dont adjust the tappets yourself if you dont know how. you might over-tighten it and create a huge mess. ask you mech to do it for you.

what you can do is open the valve cover, and then feel the tappet screws whether it's too loose or not. the screws are circled in red in the photo below:

usually you can move it up and down just slightly. very little freeplay.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
dont adjust the tappets yourself if you dont know how. you might over-tighten it and create a huge mess. ask you mech to do it for you.

what you can do is open the valve cover, and then feel the tappet screws whether it's too loose or not. the screws are circled in red in the photo below:

usually you can move it up and down just slightly. very little freeplay.
Not so easy leh! To test all by hand for movement, you still need to rotate the crank shaft until piston is right on top so that valves are completely closed for tappets to have free play. While piston are down or midway the tappets are pushing onto the valves so they will be tight....lol

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Not so easy leh! To test all by hand for movement, you still need to rotate the crank shaft until piston is right on top so that valves are completely closed for tappets to have free play. While piston are down or midway the tappets are pushing onto the valves so they will be tight....lol
forgot about that. hahahaha! he can at least check the one that is closed. :driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ever seen over 30 R35 GTRs battling it out side by side on the straights? No matter the answer, it is always a mind-blowing experience, both sight and sound for sure! Knowing there'd be in excess of 1000hp per pair, tearing up the circuit on all 8 wheels, fighting for grip and position all throughout the 1/4 Mile strip...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience