Wira faulty oil pump

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Err, why not ask mechanic to hook up an oil pressure gauge to the sender hole.
If you get nearly 90psi on cold start then not oil pump problem.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
1) Okay. I'll open the valve cover and check it out.

2) Adjust and tighten, hmmm. Not sure how to do that, but I could google. Is there anything you would like to tell me about adjusting the tappets all by myself? Anything that I should be aware of so that nothing crazy can happen?
Ive never done that nor open the valve cover before. I always diy service my car, and alot more things, but never till open the engine cover.

3) Castrol magnatec 10W40. :driver:
The valve cover/rocker cover is held down by 12 x 10mm bolts, don't over torque then when putting them back in. They are quite fragile and you need to screw them back in opposing directions otherwise you'll get uneven lock down pressure. You might as well replace the rocker cover gasket too. RM10-15 only

If you don't know how to adjust your tappets don't do it. Pay someone RM10 to do it for you.

And lastly stop using magnatec already. Use something else.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The valve cover/rocker cover is held down by 12 x 10mm bolts, don't over torque then when putting them back in. They are quite fragile and you need to screw them back in opposing directions otherwise you'll get uneven lock down pressure. You might as well replace the rocker cover gasket too. RM10-15 only

If you don't know how to adjust your tappets don't do it. Pay someone RM10 to do it for you.

And lastly stop using magnatec already. Use something else.
People read their advertisement the oil can clink on the cylinder wall mah.......hhahhahahah:driver:

STR

Known Member
Sep 27, 2015
Penang
Err, why not ask mechanic to hook up an oil pressure gauge to the sender hole.
If you get nearly 90psi on cold start then not oil pump problem.
Yeah, will try that before starting to do any sort of engine job.

STR

Known Member
Sep 27, 2015
Penang
I just did tappet adjustments. Parked my car for around 3-4 hours. Started the car and the metal clanking noise is still there...

STR

Known Member
Sep 27, 2015
Penang
Anything odd when you drive the car? or just the metal grinding noise when starting up?
Hmmm, nothing odd I guess. Sometimes there's some weird noise when stepping on the throttle (not sure how to explain that), which only happens once in a while. It's not a metal grinding noise though. So guess it's just the metal grinding noise when start the car.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hmmm, nothing odd I guess. Sometimes there's some weird noise when stepping on the throttle (not sure how to explain that), which only happens once in a while. It's not a metal grinding noise though. So guess it's just the metal grinding noise when start the car.
If noise goes away after warmed up, I think nothing to worry about. If noise always there then you have a problem.....lol

STR

Known Member
Sep 27, 2015
Penang
If noise goes away after warmed up, I think nothing to worry about. If noise always there then you have a problem.....lol
True enough, but I don't like the noise being there. I would want to fix it. It's annoying.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
thats not oil pump problem la...just open valve cover and check valve clearance/ rocker arm condition enuf already...

if oil pump problem the engine jammed for good already

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
thats not oil pump problem la...just open valve cover and check valve clearance/ rocker arm condition enuf already...

if oil pump problem the engine jammed for good already
Yup, agree. Ask my mechanic before because friend's car oil pressure light came on. He mentioned for this case is the sensor fault, because if oil pump fail, the engine will jam in a few minutes.....:smokin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello friends

A very good Thursday from Mauritius :wavey:

This detailing job took over 5 days, from decontamination to coating, loads of defects removal and paint leveling.

Upon arrival:

Wash:

2BM method using mf wash mitt
Local car shampoo and APC mix...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience