Yokohama ADVAN Fleva V701

fadin_remorse

Known Member
May 28, 2008
I would like to know more about this tire as well. Currently running re003 195/55/15, rear almost botak and I am still having fair traction. My only concern is these tires are from Philipines, would a tropical climate tires suite us? I stand corrected

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If the price is right I might. But I'm leaning more towards the Assy3 since I liked the Assy2 a lot. Only tyre I ever used until completely bald.
So my recommendation last time spot on......hhahahhahah:biggrin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I would like to know more about this tire as well. Currently running re003 195/55/15, rear almost botak and I am still having fair traction. My only concern is these tires are from Philipines, would a tropical climate tires suite us? I stand corrected
It is made in Philippines because Yokohama have a factory there and to get ASEAN duty rates. Same goes for Michelin Made in Thailand. Goodyear have factories in Thailand, Indonesia and Malaysia

fadin_remorse

Known Member
May 28, 2008
So yay or nay? Should I go for V701 or stick to my re003? Getting at Rm220/pc at Tophill SA

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
So yay or nay? Should I go for V701 or stick to my re003? Getting at Rm220/pc at Tophill SA
Don't have much feedback on this tyre. What are your priorities for the tyres you use? Just daily, touge, or with a little track play also?
So far RE-003 most match against PS3, most say RE-003 better for dry, PS3 better for wet.
For track play PS3 with softer compound chip off more than RE-003
Other in comparison usually is Hankook V12Evo2, of course now have Fleva V701 but just that not much feedback....:smokin:

fadin_remorse

Known Member
May 28, 2008
Don't have much feedback on this tyre. What are your priorities for the tyres you use? Just daily, touge, or with a little track play also?
So far RE-003 most match against PS3, most say RE-003 better for dry, PS3 better for wet.
For track play PS3 with softer compound chip off more than RE-003
Other in comparison usually is Hankook V12Evo2, of course now have Fleva V701 but just that not much feedback....:smokin:
Yeah for my daily so no touge but I'm slow on the straights and fast around corners (We try to drive ethically on public roads haha), and I have tried Toyo T1R, PS3 and now RE003. I would like something that is similar to the RE003 but I am open to other tire suggestions. Would read up on hankook V12evo2. Your reply is much appreciated

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yeah for my daily so no touge but I'm slow on the straights and fast around corners (We try to drive ethically on public roads haha), and I have tried Toyo T1R, PS3 and now RE003. I would like something that is similar to the RE003 but I am open to other tire suggestions. Would read up on hankook V12evo2. Your reply is much appreciated
195/55R15 only these few, unless jump to extreme category.
T1-R good for anti aquaplaning only. Traction not that great.
Between PS3 and RE-003 which do you prefer?

fadin_remorse

Known Member
May 28, 2008
195/55R15 only these few, unless jump to extreme category.
T1-R good for anti aquaplaning only. Traction not that great.
Between PS3 and RE-003 which do you prefer?
T1-R is great but it's an old model, I believe they were made in Japan. Preferably, I love the RE003. Never had any aquaplaning issues and it's extremely good in dry, good steering feedback. Treadwear is massive but it's expected. Knowing myself, I would always try something different so I guess it's just down to price on the V12Evo2 or the Fleva V701.... both tires are pretty similar especially when it comes to daily use.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
T1-R is great but it's an old model, I believe they were made in Japan. Preferably, I love the RE003. Never had any aquaplaning issues and it's extremely good in dry, good steering feedback. Treadwear is massive but it's expected. Knowing myself, I would always try something different so I guess it's just down to price on the V12Evo2 or the Fleva V701.... both tires are pretty similar especially when it comes to daily use.
what tyre size you looking at?

The Hankook V12 supposedly has very soft sidewalls. Maybe not so suitable for corner kaki like you

Jul 30, 2014
Selangor
I personally have no issues with any of the Yoko tyres except advanDB. I've used Sdrive, Cdrive, AD07, all were pretty good. AdvanDB was the shittiest of the lot.

Anyway, does the V701 have soft or hard sidewalls? Can give some feedback?
The sidewalls are on the softer side which contributes to how comfortable it can be despite running on a lower tire profile. I found out I had to pump at least 33 psi on my front tires to prevent the wheel arch rub while hitting certain dips at higher speed.

Again, extending from my last comment, dry grip is pretty good so far. I had managed to run a few relatively higher speed corners with more confidence compared to the OEs. Definitely comparable to the T1Rs on a Mazda 3 I've driven. I have not driven on a track before, so unfortunately, I am unable to provide any input on that aspect.

Still have not managed to do a spirited drive in wet conditions as it had seldom rained at night when I'm about to leave work.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
what tyre size you looking at?

The Hankook V12 supposedly has very soft sidewalls. Maybe not so suitable for corner kaki like you
It seems the V701 also has soft sidewalls from some user reviews I've read so far.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
It seems the V701 also has soft sidewalls from some user reviews I've read so far.
Then all 3, meaning T1-R, V701 and V12Evo2 have soft sidewall. T1-R I used before and on VR is too soft for my cornering.....lol:driver:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

anyone into water printing?

I saw from online, people done it on their dashboard, steering, rims etc..

look easy but I guess I don't have that talent :biggrin:

see who else is crazy over them.

I actually thinking of doing my dashboard, engine cover and even a watch strap.
see who else is keen

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience