wtb Altezza auto or manual.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
I really wanna thank and appreciate those who contacted me. I am still looking for a good conditioned and preferbly stock Altezza. This is because I am a typical boring family man that wants some fun. Pls PM me if you're intending to sell. As you know this is an imported car, AP is a must for bank loan and change of ownership. No worries about bank loan for me as I've got all the stuffs prepared, just a matter of looking for a nice one :)

Greytezza

1,000 RPM
Feb 6, 2007
Truly Asia
As you know this is an imported car, AP is a must for bank loan and change of ownership.
Bro..you do not need an AP for a registered car...only for unreg car and the AP is not transferable.

coriolis

Known Member
Jul 9, 2008
Bro..you do not need an AP for a registered car...only for unreg car and the AP is not transferable.
Seconded. The procedure is just the same like buying any 2nd hand car.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Is it true? I was being told that AP is needed at all time for a used IMPORTED car.

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
i think what stutzedard meant is the AP of the Altezza since Altezzas were brought in by parallel importers

coriolis

Known Member
Jul 9, 2008
Is it true? I was being told that AP is needed at all time for a used IMPORTED car.
What I understand is that:

1) If you buy a REGISTERED used imported car (from another owner or from dealer), you do not need the AP. <- personal experience, this is how I got my Altezza.

2) If you get an UNREGISTERED used imported car from a dealer, the dealer should take care of the AP, not you.

3) If you get an UNREGISTERED used imported car direct from outside Malaysia, you deal with the AP.

Simple eh? :)

Greytezza

1,000 RPM
Feb 6, 2007
Truly Asia
What u are refering to is the Custom Tax form that and the import documentation that shows you the details of the importer...Normally the car dealer will provide you. But it is just photo copies and not the originals.

Last edited:

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
I called bank n to hv loan application for imported cars, be it registtered or unreg, must hv AP. All original AP are with custom, we only hold photocopy. If one looses it, dun fear. U can get it fr yr bank where u loan from cos they will hv a copy. unless u buy cash.

One more thing, keep a copy with u during d ownership cos if govt chks, they can ask u to pay import duty again.

Info got from my fren in Mutiara motors.

Greytezza

1,000 RPM
Feb 6, 2007
Truly Asia
So Stutzedward...have you found any altezza that tickle yr fancy..?:biggrin:

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
found one here, still working out the criterias... and one more, to check out later.. :) I can't wait to join the club, guys.

Greytezza

1,000 RPM
Feb 6, 2007
Truly Asia
found one here, still working out the criterias... and one more, to check out later.. :) I can't wait to join the club, guys.
Bro..sorry to splash cold water on yr enthusiasm...the Altezza club does not exist in malaysia...just a group of altezza owners and this thread...:biggrin:

jasonchee98

Known Member
Apr 23, 2009
Greytezza, whether the club exist or not, i think it doesn't matter. most important is the enthusiatic on the car. hehe. that's why i join this club. :P bro, i'm thiking of going trial next week wednesday. u wanna join the fun? hehe.

stutzedward, don't worry so much. i just got my tezza 2 weeks ago. it's a hassle to search for a good car. the rest, leave it to used car dealer. they will settle everything for u. my case is, direct owner purchase. i appointed a person from used car dealer to run thru all the hassle. so, not much worry from me. anyway, AP Copy and Geran will be place at bank. Your bank panel will deal it with the dealer. no worry so much and happy hunting.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Jason, I hope I can achieve something like you very soon too. I will mostly be buying from owners themselves, hence I will need to appoint a car dealer to do the 'stuffs' for me, similar to your approach. Anyhow, my sister in law works in a used car dealer but she's not in KL, will ask the seller if they're okay with sending the car out of town to get it done... if they're okay, will ask for my SIL's help.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

wondering....those DEFI meters...

10cars with DEFIs.............10cars surely got broken?

dont say those car stay in ..tropicana,sierramas and so on...surely safe...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience