WTA: How to replace the front headlamp signal bulb of EK?

nashrey

Known Member
Apr 14, 2004
Make sure you replaced it with quality bulbs like Philips or Osram, those cheap one don't work.

Original bulbs do build to last, my 3rd brake lights bulb failed me after 8 years of usage, I didn't have access to original bulbs so I bought a cheap one for rm1.30 a piece from accessary shop on the spot. 3 months later it burnt. I replaced another and it burnt too couple months later.

Until I finally grabbed one from my friend chop shop and it last until now. TOUCH WOOD.
i bought osram for mine, it's the last piece they had tho :biggrin:

noticed that the 2 dots (for the purpose of slotting into the socket i suppose) at the bottom of the bulb are slightly 'bended' unlike newer bulbs that have straight configuration. was made 2 understand dat dis is the old design...izit? the straight type won;t fit into the socket...lucky i brought the old bulb 2 the shop 4 reference :idea:

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
good news guys - the bulb has been replaced successfully! exactly like jin said, pop open 'em inner fender clips 2 expose the bulb area. the whole thing took me 1/2 hour - getting the bulb out, going 2 the spare parts shop 2 buy the replacement bulb & install it where it belongs.

felt good after the job done...thanks ppl! :wavey:
u'r welcome bro...
btw, if u wan more good looking, just get phllips or PIAA with silver coating 1... then won't see the 'orangy' when u off the lights...

fobs

3,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
u'r welcome bro...
btw, if u wan more good looking, just get phllips or PIAA with silver coating 1... then won't see the 'orangy' when u off the lights...
we are not talking abt the evening lamp / small lamp???
those use T10 bulbs rite???

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
we are not talking abt the evening lamp / small lamp???
those use T10 bulbs rite???
signal lights... front & rear 1 oso can, u can see sasuke's car or my headlights, u wo't see any orangy but when on the signal, the orangy color r way more brighter & orange than normal 1...

fobs

3,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
signal lights... front & rear 1 oso can, u can see sasuke's car or my headlights, u wo't see any orangy but when on the signal, the orangy color r way more brighter & orange than normal 1...
i put blue bulbs also once ON,.. it'll be orangina!!! oranginess!!! william of orange!!!

if OFF,.. also same color!!!

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
i put blue bulbs also once ON,.. it'll be orangina!!! oranginess!!! william of orange!!!

if OFF,.. also same color!!!
blue buld... fugly... ehehhehee unless ur car is blue, then the perfect match...:smokin:

fobs

3,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
like myvis and vioses
hahahaha... u wanna start again...?? hehheehhe...:rofl:

yup la... must with LED inside the door handle & LED stripes all around...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hikaru

3,000 RPM
Aug 13, 2004
Atlanta, GA
photobucket.com

Somehow I like the amber combination apperance in the headlights, otherwise it looks too dull well it's just me.

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com

Somehow I like the amber combination apperance in the headlights, otherwise it looks too dull well it's just me.
hahha... difren ppl difren taste... i like it... ehehe...
just dun like those with blue bulb 1... no offence to any 1...:smokin:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Some of you might now be upset knowing that the skateboard attack on this MP4-12C's windshield a few days ago was indeed a hoax, wondering if anything in this world is genuine anymore.

Well, that's the case now with the video. For those who missed the incident, you can watch it below:

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/l7yt-VPYtOA" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0"...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience