WTA - Any S2000 users????

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
DtioX...wooohhh nicely done man...
Guys..any of u did open up the speed limiter cut-off ? coz i want to use my pivot cut-off limiter..but haven't install yet on my S2K...any wiring diagram for the ECU? I tried to look in my manual..seems it doesnt really help that 1000over pages of manual.sigh*

Hi guys.... :)

Also, just in case those who does not know me, i'm working with Pentagon Ent. Sdn. Bhd., the local authorised distributor for J's Racing Japan products as well as other brands like EBC, Goodridge etc.. We can bring in all Honda OEM parts as well as long as Honda Japan makes them..

Cheers guys..

Chris2000
Pentagon - Home

Chris2000,
Yeah, I think we've bumped once or twice at HPC and the occasional open track days too, but I was driving an old bomb proton back then. We've got a few mutual friends, I think. Honda Malaysia & Hypertune Mags. There's lots of questions I need to asked but havent got the time to go over to your workshop. Will definitely drop by one of these days, since we've properly introduce ourselves now....:smokin:
Cheers

Do anyone's S2000 having problem with gearbox and maybe clutch?
My ride is having 2 problem: -
1st problem : It is difficult to shifting in and out for 3rd, 4th and 5th gear...
2nd problem: Realize when speeding, there is some sound like "ching ching ching". Tried to step on the clutch but didn't free gear,the sound stopped but the sound will come back after a while if still speeding...

So do anyone know what's wrong with my S2000? I really do need some advice bout my problem,thx:bawling:

Last edited:
Whitelighter: re your 2nd problem. This is a common problem concerning the clutch. There are numerous posts on S2000 Club of America, Inc. and S2KI - Honda S2000 Community on this issue. It appears that Honda had introduced an improved OEM AP1 clutch as a countermeasure.IMO, this sound is harmless. In my case, the more I use the car the less I hear the sound.

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

Chris2000: Yeah, do keep us posted about future track days

wohhh got prob with clutch?wahh..dats sounds bad..i got prob a bit to shift to 2nd gear..got a test run with integra DC5 last night..lag at 2nd clutch due to couldn't enter it smoothly...but lucky still maintain the pride of S2K..hehehehe(still in front maa) hhehee....

oh...that's mean i should ignore the sound or maybe change the clutch?
Bout the 1st problem,is there any solution for it?
Any suggestion?
thx guys:proud:

Chris2000,
Yeah, I think we've bumped once or twice at HPC and the occasional open track days too, but I was driving an old bomb proton back then. We've got a few mutual friends, I think. Honda Malaysia & Hypertune Mags. There's lots of questions I need to asked but havent got the time to go over to your workshop. Will definitely drop by one of these days, since we've properly introduce ourselves now....:smokin:
Cheers

Hi bro... u must have got your car from murali and a fren of mike? :)

come come for the private track day in november... no early bird special rm330 only for registration before 23rd september. Normal rate rm400!! Gibe me a call before coming ya...

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

Do anyone's S2000 having problem with gearbox and maybe clutch?
My ride is having 2 problem: -
1st problem : It is difficult to shifting in and out for 3rd, 4th and 5th gear...
2nd problem: Realize when speeding, there is some sound like "ching ching ching". Tried to step on the clutch but didn't free gear,the sound stopped but the sound will come back after a while if still speeding...

So do anyone know what's wrong with my S2000? I really do need some advice bout my problem,thx:bawling:

Hi there....

1st problem.. is there any crunching sound during high rpm shift? if no, then your syncro should still be ok. when is the last time u change transmission oil?

2nd problem.. this should be the clutch plate or bearing sound normally associated with racing super single clutch. but some cars like fd2r, when change OEM clutch, if bearing is not exact part numbers and use DC5r bearing which also can fit, it will give that little ching ching sound also.

if need parts, give me a buzz.

come come for the private track day in november... no early bird special rm330 only for registration before 23rd september. Normal rate rm400!! Gibe me a call before coming ya...

Yeap yeap... We have mutual friends. Anyway I don't think I'll be able to join any track outings for now. Schedule for the year kinda tight. But yeah, if I am able to, will give you a call, definitely.
Just wondering, do you think I can re-tune the J's ECU? Reason mixture of V-power, RON97 & RON95 for everyday driving, and... yes I am S2000 daily driver...

Cheers Man....

Yeap yeap... We have mutual friends. Anyway I don't think I'll be able to join any track outings for now. Schedule for the year kinda tight. But yeah, if I am able to, will give you a call, definitely.
Just wondering, do you think I can re-tune the J's ECU? Reason mixture of V-power, RON97 & RON95 for everyday driving, and... yes I am S2000 daily driver...

Cheers Man....

GODAMNIT the RON 95!!! my car got slower response.. :'( how i wish here got V-power....

Devilishah : I m using the pivot speed v meter and is working fine. The wiring is quite straight forward.

Whitelighter : Like Paul said, your 2nd problem is common issue among S2K. Maybe i m the lucky one as mine doesnt have it or maybe because my exhaust is too loud.....So you solution is to change to a louder exhaust!!!

deaththrasher : how long have u been using ur S2K for daily?how is she so far?

Hi everyone,
I'm a S2K owner too @ Penang... :) Been driving it for 4-5 yrs (weekend use la)...so far so good!

nize group photo william, hows e clutch?

Icic...
I just change my gear oil, but still facing difficult shifting in and out for 3rd and 4th gear, sometimes it is like normal, sometimes it is difficult,getting harder and harder to shift. When it is difficult, park a side, after 15 minit time, it is normal again...Sometimes it feels like cant find the center point...
Where u guys send ur ride for repairing?
Any workshop good in S2000?

thx for responding:wavey:

whitelighter welcome to the forum hope this might help
http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=405545&st=0&#entry8231234
http://www.s2ki.com/stor/library/TSB/A00-054/index.htm
http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=723378
as for workshop u can try gt auto amoil or n1
they did several s2000 b4

edwintst: is johnson tan yr brother???

mind to pm me yr contacts?any meet up will sms u guys tq.

koolspyda: kc??the carbon clucth still very nosiy to me mayb ill just get a straight pipe exhaust to cover it .lolz

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

chris2000 :do u stock js type1 gt wing for s2000?
mind to share the mme js s2000 's spec to us?
i heard they r running with stock engine?is tat true?

Last edited:
deaththrasher : how long have u been using ur S2K for daily?how is she so far?

Been driving it since last Sept, its been a year now... so far so good. Obviously there is some noise that you might hear along the way. Well it is a 9year old car, most of the things that is breaking down are wear & tear stuff... not to worry. Most important its the Engine and Gearbox which needs taking extra care. So yeah love the car...

Been driving it since last Sept, its been a year now... so far so good. Obviously there is some noise that you might hear along the way. Well it is a 9year old car, most of the things that is breaking down are wear & tear stuff... not to worry. Most important its the Engine and Gearbox which needs taking extra care. So yeah love the car...

great then bro...love to hear the fact that its working fine for daily use...mine haven't got abnormal sound yet so far..hopefully it's maintain that way..hehehe...for the wear n tear..have u found any good bushings for S2K? i've found the superpro..but they didn't cover the whole bushings for S2K..:driver:

Hi guys, S2K owner from Singapore here. I met a few m'sian S2K owners at Sepang on saturday Sept 5 during the RCA trackday. I'm the driver of the white Driven Performance AP2/green CE28Ns. Sorry I was very busy with testing some handling components thru the day and by the time I tried to look for u guys to exchange contacts, I guess u all had left. Figured that this forum might be the best place to find u guys. So, any one of u guys here?

Cheers,

Jyoji

---------- Post added 09-08-2009 at 12:01 AM ---------- Previous post was 09-07-2009 at 11:55 PM ----------

Oh yes, I might plan a S2K trackday next year if I can get enough numbers from Singapore and Malaysia. Including myself, there are a few s2ks from Singapore that track more often, and I'm also bringing in a few more new s2k faces to the track. Hopefully if there are enough s2k numbers, we could have a S2K trackday next year. If there are enough numbers and a slot is available this year, that could be possible as well. Well one thing for sure is that there aren't enough s2ks on either side, so if we wanted to make a S2K trackday come true, it has to be a combined effort. :driver:

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom