WTA - Any S2000 users????

DiToX

Dec 26, 2006
Devilishah : I m using the pivot speed v meter and is working fine. The wiring is quite straight forward.

Whitelighter : Like Paul said, your 2nd problem is common issue among S2K. Maybe i m the lucky one as mine doesnt have it or maybe because my exhaust is too loud.....So you solution is to change to a louder exhaust!!!

Devilishah

Jun 11, 2009
deaththrasher : how long have u been using ur S2K for daily?how is she so far?

Edwintst

Known Member
Apr 17, 2005
Hi everyone,
I'm a S2K owner too @ Penang... :) Been driving it for 4-5 yrs (weekend use la)...so far so good!

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com

nize group photo william, hows e clutch?

whitelighter

Dec 17, 2007
Icic...
I just change my gear oil, but still facing difficult shifting in and out for 3rd and 4th gear, sometimes it is like normal, sometimes it is difficult,getting harder and harder to shift. When it is difficult, park a side, after 15 minit time, it is normal again...Sometimes it feels like cant find the center point...
Where u guys send ur ride for repairing?
Any workshop good in S2000?

thx for responding:wavey:

panspeed

Jun 21, 2004
whitelighter welcome to the forum hope this might help
http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=405545&st=0&#entry8231234
http://www.s2ki.com/stor/library/TSB/A00-054/index.htm
http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=723378
as for workshop u can try gt auto amoil or n1
they did several s2000 b4

edwintst: is johnson tan yr brother???

mind to pm me yr contacts?any meet up will sms u guys tq.

koolspyda: kc??the carbon clucth still very nosiy to me mayb ill just get a straight pipe exhaust to cover it .lolz

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

chris2000 :do u stock js type1 gt wing for s2000?
mind to share the mme js s2000 's spec to us?
i heard they r running with stock engine?is tat true?

Last edited:

deathrasher

May 9, 2006
deaththrasher : how long have u been using ur S2K for daily?how is she so far?
Been driving it since last Sept, its been a year now... so far so good. Obviously there is some noise that you might hear along the way. Well it is a 9year old car, most of the things that is breaking down are wear & tear stuff... not to worry. Most important its the Engine and Gearbox which needs taking extra care. So yeah love the car...

Devilishah

Jun 11, 2009
Been driving it since last Sept, its been a year now... so far so good. Obviously there is some noise that you might hear along the way. Well it is a 9year old car, most of the things that is breaking down are wear & tear stuff... not to worry. Most important its the Engine and Gearbox which needs taking extra care. So yeah love the car...
great then bro...love to hear the fact that its working fine for daily use...mine haven't got abnormal sound yet so far..hopefully it's maintain that way..hehehe...for the wear n tear..have u found any good bushings for S2K? i've found the superpro..but they didn't cover the whole bushings for S2K..:driver:

J-Boy

Sep 14, 2005
Singapore/Japan
Hi guys, S2K owner from Singapore here. I met a few m'sian S2K owners at Sepang on saturday Sept 5 during the RCA trackday. I'm the driver of the white Driven Performance AP2/green CE28Ns. Sorry I was very busy with testing some handling components thru the day and by the time I tried to look for u guys to exchange contacts, I guess u all had left. Figured that this forum might be the best place to find u guys. So, any one of u guys here?

Cheers,

Jyoji

---------- Post added 09-08-2009 at 12:01 AM ---------- Previous post was 09-07-2009 at 11:55 PM ----------

Oh yes, I might plan a S2K trackday next year if I can get enough numbers from Singapore and Malaysia. Including myself, there are a few s2ks from Singapore that track more often, and I'm also bringing in a few more new s2k faces to the track. Hopefully if there are enough s2k numbers, we could have a S2K trackday next year. If there are enough numbers and a slot is available this year, that could be possible as well. Well one thing for sure is that there aren't enough s2ks on either side, so if we wanted to make a S2K trackday come true, it has to be a combined effort. :driver:

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
Oh yes, I might plan a S2K trackday next year if I can get enough numbers from Singapore and Malaysia. Including myself, there are a few s2ks from Singapore that track more often, and I'm also bringing in a few more new s2k faces to the track. Hopefully if there are enough s2k numbers, we could have a S2K trackday next year. If there are enough numbers and a slot is available this year, that could be possible as well. Well one thing for sure is that there aren't enough s2ks on either side, so if we wanted to make a S2K trackday come true, it has to be a combined effort. :driver:
there are a couple SG S2k witht the traction circle club. no bad drivers too.

paul.ang

Nov 25, 2004
Hi J-Boy. I'm the owner of the red AP1 u met at SIC. I'm definitely interested to join any of your track days. My no. is 012-3503140. Keep in touch, bro.

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

Hi bros. As promised earlier, I'm writing a report on my track experience last Saturday. I also think I had better keep this report private, so all of you who are interested to read it pls PM me with your e-mail. Cheers.

J-Boy

Sep 14, 2005
Singapore/Japan
there are a couple SG S2k witht the traction circle club. no bad drivers too.
I track with Traction Circle quite often and know the other S2K owners that usually go up with them. Currently there's 2 of us who did 2:36 at SIC, 1 of them is me and the other 1 is Adam who drove for Team TracySports during MMER2009 and Team N1 Racing last year in MMER2008. There are a couple other SG S2Ks that have done 2:38 and 2:39 as well. 1 of them that some of u might have heard of, is a Porsche Signal GT3RS green AP2, but the owner has sold his car.

Hi J-Boy. I'm the owner of the red AP1 u met at SIC. I'm definitely interested to join any of your track days. My no. is 012-3503140. Keep in touch, bro.

Hi! I'll PM u my number dude and we can keep in touch. Sure I'll let u know the next time I head up to Sepang. Currently the next 2 possible dates are the MPT Timeattack Round 2 on Sept 17 and Traction Circle trackday on Sept 19.

Actually I'm looking for more s2ks to take part in the timeattack as well. With about 6-8cars, I can open up a one-make class. Or even a FR NA class. When we did MPT timeattack Round 1, I ran in class 3, which is "Above 2000cc 2WD unlimited" class, so turbos and NAs were not seperated.

Tugsta

Sep 1, 2008
hey J-boy,

i havent met you before but ive met your s2k buddy Daniel (back when it was still white) :)

i've never tracked my s2k but would like too. Just would like some insight on where to begin.

Do you have any tips for us in terms of track preparation etc. My car is pretty much stock and im just looking to have some fun on the track. From your experience what kind of preparations should i be doing prior to going on the track? example ensure brake pads are ok, engine oil levels are at an optimum level etc etc.

Would like to hear some of your experiences in regards to the above, your advise would be very helpful to me and im sure to most of the guys here.

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
I track with Traction Circle quite often and know the other S2K owners that usually go up with them. Currently there's 2 of us who did 2:36 at SIC, 1 of them is me and the other 1 is Adam who drove for Team TracySports during MMER2009 and Team N1 Racing last year in MMER2008. There are a couple other SG S2Ks that have done 2:38 and 2:39 as well. 1 of them that some of u might have heard of, is a Porsche Signal GT3RS green AP2, but the owner has sold his car.
hah, i only know mo* & eugen* personally, others, only remember one S2k we ehlp to change his slicks at one KL hotel one fateful night (really cool AP2/red interior) forgot their names. I think there were another S2k.

2:36 is hell-lava impressive time. not to far away from the jap drivers :driver:

edwintst, when coming over to KL?