Worth Getting an Altezza Now?

zarafrost

Known Member
Jul 21, 2006
Hi Guys,

I'm planning on getting a new car. my mitsu Just got broken into and they took my RSM..... :(

So as i was shopping for new cars, (Auto transmission cars coz my gf wants to drive it), i remembered the Toyota Altezza as one of my favs. And when i looked at the price it was within 70 to 80k which was within my price range. But when i looked at how old it was, i almost flipped.

My girl wants to get new car.... ie: the Vios......

I want a car which can run around anywhere with ease and has little problem. But seeing that the car is so old, i would believe that the problems are big with the car. Most cars are 2000 and 2001 make and thats 10 yrs old already. (Sorry for writing karangan)

So... Altezza experts, any suggestions? Better to get an Altezza or Vios? What about FC? Is it super to own an Altezza? well i think it would be awesome to own one. But at what expense?

Hope you all can enlighten me

Cheers

Attachments

Last edited:

prototype_x0

Sep 15, 2007
i am not advising you to buy or not to buy altezza.

generally what you said was right. 10 years old car pretty sure comes with problems. you can reduce it by test drive and by a help of your trusted friendly mechanic to examine the car first before buy. and if you personally know the previous owner and how the car was maintained then it will helps alot.

but what i dont understand is that why you need to think much about your gf? if she wants a new car, let her buy one for herself. i dont think it will be wise for you to take your girlfriend's preference into consideration

markblurberry

Known Member
Jun 24, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Bro, if i am the very positive angel, i will tell u go ahead and get it! - because Altezza is afterall a toyota, bullet-proof engine, made for compete against BMW M3! fun-factor to drive, can take it out for a drift - RWD, available aftermarket parts if you want to modify, solid car suspension, enough hp for more aggressive driving...on the other hand, the devil will say - its an old car - may have many problems soon -prepare to overhaul- many parts may need replacing, spare-parts not easy to find, be careful while choosing your ride - dont end-up with kereta potong, high fuel consumption, leceh - need to replace timing belt, may need to repaint the car, RWD car not easy to handle...bla bla bla....just my 2 cents, if you u want it so badly, u'll be willing to overlook all the anticipated problems, but if u r caught in 2 mind, better go for Ob Vios.....

green

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
kl
why would u want to buy a 10 year old car? if u can get a good condition car, then perhaps u will not need to spend a bundle to fix it, what about those which has been in accidents before? do u know how to check them?

yes the good old altezza is good but that was like 10 to 5 years ago. i own an altezza for ten years and even i am getting bored. now its my 2nd car.

so go figure. get the vios or altis. brand new

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
of course any gf, wife etc would like a new car....
but for me, i wont tell them wat car im gonna get, just bring it home on that day...that time your gf, wife cannot be angry as u cannot do anything edi....

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
Bro
If you are passionate about altezza then buy it but if you just want something to drive from A to B
then buy a vios ... Your choice...

G221

Over 10,000 RPM!
Jan 15, 2004
KL
My wife wouldn't mind when i told her I'm buying a used Altezza. Can go anywhere I want with my 3yr old & a few days old sons even with the 'rempit' exhaust sound. My mom even said that it's comfy sitting in it frm KL-Kedah-KL; again, with a 'rempit' exhaust, adjustable suspension, etc. So basically it's quite a comfy car and good to drive. So it's your choice. New car (Vios/Altis) is good, "problem free"...but maybe in 1-2yrs time, u'll get bored with it as there will be a new Vios. Unless u r planning to use your car within 2-3yrs then that's fine. As for Altezza, there's only one version of it. Altezza might be an old car. (my car is 13yrs old), but some of us enjoy ourselves everytime we r in the driving seat. So choose your car wisely. :wavey::wavey:

*p/s unless u r sitting next to AE111_SEG and he's in the driving seat, u won't be that enjoy :itsme:

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
Well said G221.... had my ride for 3 yrs now and ... still loving it.... My car is 8 yrs old and still give me the buzz when I hit the redline....ha ha ha. Or when doing spirited drive on B roads... Puts a smile on my face everytime......

Again no matter how old if you have the passion for it then age is secondary... just look at AE86 & MR2 etc....
You do need to be a Altezza fan to own one....and not just buy it for the sake of getting from A to B. Vios also can do that.

So think wisely.....:smokin:

Last edited:

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
mine was 9 yo when i bought it, no doubt i was worrying about the fixing need to be done on it when i bought it. but then again, tell me which used unit doesn't required any touch-up/fixing ? Once u get that sorted out, u have a wonderful ride.
i'm having it now for 2yr+, and guess what, now my wife ask me to get a 6MT altezza and the current 5AT altezza give to her, she wants it.

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
mine was 9 yo when i bought it, no doubt i was worrying about the fixing need to be done on it when i bought it. but then again, tell me which used unit doesn't required any touch-up/fixing ? Once u get that sorted out, u have a wonderful ride.
i'm having it now for 2yr+, and guess what, now my wife ask me to get a 6MT altezza and the current 5AT altezza give to her, she wants it.

My wife also said the same thing.....:rofl:.....something about altezza and women:biggrin:

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
They wan to get ''High'' revving "rear" whell drive..

G221

Over 10,000 RPM!
Jan 15, 2004
KL
My wife also said the same thing.....:rofl:.....something about altezza and women:biggrin:
My wife said that I care for my car more than her..:idea:she also said something about altezza and women which I cannot disclose here :itsme:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all,
I am new member in Zth and a proud owner of Iswara Aeroback LMSS ....
I wondering if anyone have suggestion on the tyre rotation and care.
How about balancing and alignment ?
The basic question is when should be done ..... ?? :ph34r: :ph34r: :blink: :blink:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience