WiSE Absorbers, Springs & Rear Disc Brakes

arunm17

Known Member
Mar 2, 2005
Visit site
Hi All,

I need some advice on my WiSE (Wira Special Edition). I am driving the WiSE (MT). My stock absorbers sudah kaput ready after 90K km. I need to change it already.

Can anyone the sifoos suggest a good set of absorbers & springs? I don't want to use back stock stuff la. The reason i want to mod is because slowly i want convert my engine to GSR 1.8T. Maybe next year tukar engine la!

So stage 1 is :

1. Change Absorbers & Spring

2. Convert my drum brakes to Disc Brakes.

For Point #1,
My budget is rm1000 for absorbers & spring. One of my colleagues(whose is a car guru) suggested Eibach Pro Kit Spring with KYB standard absorbers.

My main concern is to have 30% comfort while 70% Handling. This should also cover my engine conversion later next year. Meaning the absorbers & spring must tahan the 1.8T GSR engine & speed la. I don't want to change my suspension system all over again. no $$$ la! :)

For Point #2
I visited one of the Chop Shops in Puchong. I went hunting for Wira 1.6 or Satria GTi rear disc brakes with the handbrake cable. They said no stock & its expensive.

Alternatively they suggested to use Honda Civic Discs & Caliper with Wira under bar. Meaning the only thing different is the Discs & Caliper. Otherwise its all Wira Stuff. Its a recon set in which comes with the handbrake cable. So practically my discs will be honda civic in which they(choppers) quoted easier to get spare parts like discs & brakes. I am not sure about this. They even said its Plug & Play!

So in truth, i am confused & worried. Can you please give me your 2cents worth on this matter?

thank you
arun

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
rm1k not enough to get eibach springs n kayaba abs ler... and it might not be suitable after u've transplant ur engine... save a little more and at least get a coilovers.... or else, go for the cheap alternative, heavy duty springs (used by those wanna go for rally look) and good absorbers...

i not sure about honda rear disc brake on wira.... but since u going to transplant GSR and might planning for further mods in the future, i'm sure standard sgti or wira 1.6 disc brake wont be sufficient... try scout for GSR, vr4 or even evo ones....

correct me if wrong... i still noob in this stuff... jz trying to help...

LuKa

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
try n get a used absorber from chop shop since ur budget is low.. i think a wise decision should be the Evo3 suspension or its predecessor.. but condition wise.. i can guaranty how far it will go.. coilovers r much better in handling, but u will sacrifice a lot on ur comfort.. u need to save up more to get em, either import chop shop condition/local ones.. rm 1k is just not enuff 4 an adjustables

geting kyb+ eibach is out of the budget.. eibach springs will fetch almost rm800 alone..

the brakes,if u add disc brakes from proton 1.6/1.8 would be sufficient to handle the 93t power.. all u need is better pads n maybe steel braided line for the brakes.. those twin pots,4pots or sepot dopots r heavier brake sets.. just contributing more weight..

but if u have too little to sqeeze for ur ride, then forget bout conversion.. its not as budget as u think it will be.. there will be hidden cost.. at least until u perfect the engine,reliability,handlings n etc.. nyways good luck..

i hope u dont burn ur fingers

soulseaker

500 RPM
Mar 22, 2005
For disc brake or adjustable, from time to time there will be someone selling in car forums. Maybe you can try posting in looking for column. Last time my friends sold his rear disk brake for RM500 with trade in your existing drum brake when he wanted to sold his car off.

For coilovers, from time to time theres someone selling theirs for around RM1,000. If you are lucky, you'll get those selling because of their gf nagging them (it normally only used for around 2 3 months)

Good luck in your modding.

Just remember one thing, one small mod today will bring to a bigger mods tomorrow.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

show ur talent n opinian in 4g63 e1,2,3 upgraded..

wat turbine ?
wat degree of cam?
wat management? except motec and autronic
wat clutch?
wastegate? i know.. tial
wat blok? piston size? conrod?

all talk about how to modified wit minima cost but gud perform.. custom made, rojak or wat so ever.. if u said buy all hks parts, sure ur car is the fastest, but the cost?..

show ur talent and ur opinian in modification machine here.. :adore:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience