Wira ECU

Tatsumaki

Oct 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Greeting to all SIFUs, Masters and every brothers and sisters here.

It's regarding to my Proton Wira 1.3 GLi ECU punya pasal. I've talked to my foreman just now when I changing the suspension at his workshop, I told him about the under-power matter of my tiny 4G13, I keep complain saja la...can't battle with people laa....pick-up kanasai laa...no top speed la....cannot win even an ori BLM la...and pla pla pla.....

And he said he can tune the ECU, means that he is be able to modify the ECU to make that tiny 4G13 output more power and shows some real bad-ass result on Pick-up and Lajak. Lebih kurang macam tipu ECU la tu. =D

So to everyone and SIFUs and Masters, is that any risks or problems I maybe face if I let him tipu my ECU? Will the ECU know that it get cheated and naik gile lepas tu condense??

I need advice on this. Thanks in advance guys! =)

carlyap

500 RPM
Jun 9, 2008
stop Modifying your ecu just change to Engine Management blue..... solve all your problem

sinister_sid

Sep 11, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
wat years ur wira ?
vdo or mitsu ecu ?
whats mods have u done lately ?
doing ecu upgrade is after u done major internal mods thats ur current ecu cant cope
if stock standard everything really not much different

Tatsumaki

Oct 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
wat years ur wira ?
vdo or mitsu ecu ?
whats mods have u done lately ?
doing ecu upgrade is after u done major internal mods thats ur current ecu cant cope
if stock standard everything really not much different
VDO one, stock standard not much power up one?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
VDO? Don't bother touching it and Emanage not going to work with it.

Spend money on a bigger engine transplant or turbo charge. No matter how much he mods your ECU, it won't beat a displacement upgrade or a force induction mod.

carlyap

500 RPM
Jun 9, 2008
Izso i agree...... never bother on VDO engine...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Izso i agree...... never bother on VDO engine...
Don't get me wrong... VDO is actually quite smart and that's good in a way but bad in a modification way since modifying it might not be successful.

I'm using a VDO and it has adapted to my mods quite well. I'm quite happy with VDO

carlyap

500 RPM
Jun 9, 2008
but compare mmc and vdo.. i much more prefer on mmc moldification.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
but compare mmc and vdo.. i much more prefer on mmc moldification.
Well that really depends on what you're modding and what you hope to achieve from it. In terms of flexibility MMC is the obvious choice. But VDO is suprisingly useful in some cases. There's a thread about a dude who did exactly the same mods on two separate cars that he owns, one a VDO and one MMC. MMC surprisingly is the one he's having problems with because of tuning.

Anyway, it really boils down to personal preference la. I like Koenigsegg you like Lambo, in the end both are bloody fantastic cars. Right? :biggrin:

Tatsumaki

Oct 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
sound interesting...
ask yr foreman how much it costs to 'tipu' the ecu..
He said RM200

Don't get me wrong... VDO is actually quite smart and that's good in a way but bad in a modification way since modifying it might not be successful.

I'm using a VDO and it has adapted to my mods quite well. I'm quite happy with VDO
How say it's QUITE SMART?

klywh1

Mar 11, 2009
vdo can relearn/readapt,auto retune with the simple engine mod like PnP head, mild cam full exhaust system or even a stroker kit but not extreme mod like 2 toto & 4 toto(u may need a piggyback ecu to assist) stock vdo ecu fuel map/AF ratio/iginition timing & blarrr have limitation. more air & more fuel more spark in the engine = more power IZso is 1 of them :p VDO susah to tipu 1 only standalone & few piggyback ecu in the market works well with VDO ecu like Unichip

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
klywh1 : Don't la humble. Your dual-throttle, stroked, super powerderful VDO Wira also had a good run before you installed that Unichip! You lagi power than me!

Dec 23, 2011
Singapore
Hi everyone,

I really need advises from your guys. Currently I have a 4G13, 2006 model for my weekend ride have noticed that the car is lacking of power in pickup and take a longer time to reach 100km/h & above. My car is completely stock and recently just completed 40k km servicing with servicing of throttle body as well. Unlike my daily ride a Proton Savvy is very much more responsive as compared. So what could it be wrong with my 4G13? The performing seems getting worst. How do I reset the ECU? Is it remove the negative connector of the battery for a few minutes?

Please advise and I thanks in anticipation!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Mr. Solarturbine....is there anything wrong with you, your hand or your head?

WTF!!, are you doing keep simply disliking other people's post even disliking the forum R&R. You just do for fun or what? Yup, you've got my attention and You're not gonna like it. I've seen your way of replying to other people's posting and its really childish and F**king stupid to me....If you are having erectile problem then I advice you better don't come in here, if you are a wannabe super negative...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience