Wira absorber

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
My ex wira, same as most, always had problem with rear suspension. Full load always bottom out, had the rears changed to 25% harder damping and it worked, but then on single to two persons, can feel pretty bumpy......lol
Now mine no problem cause quite stiff. Even when full load with luggage. Tested already. Rear now on gas shocks and brand new springs.

@RENESIS VIII @vr2turbo rear using what setup, I already satisfy with mine front already.
Mine using KYB gas type shock absorbers paired with APM coil springs for Wira 1.6. The Wira 1.6 coil springs almost looked like the same as my Wira 1.5 original coil springs but upon closer inspection, the 1.6 spring had one extra coil compared to the 1.5 spring.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Now mine no problem cause quite stiff. Even when full load with luggage. Tested already. Rear now on gas shocks and brand new springs.

Mine using KYB gas type shock absorbers paired with APM coil springs for Wira 1.6. The Wira 1.6 coil springs almost looked like the same as my Wira 1.5 original coil springs but upon closer inspection, the 1.6 spring had one extra coil compared to the 1.5 spring.
But I was surprise because usually bottom out on heavy load is spring problem, but only with absorber change was settled.....lol

1.6 probably heavier engine or stronger force, therefore have stronger spring...

kaihoong

Known Member
Jun 1, 2019
Penang

Ya, I also notice stock 1.6 rear spring is extra 2 coil than 1.5. What is your rear height after use apm spring with kyb gas shock. I saw other thread u are talking your car is wira 1.5, than how was front setup

kaihoong

Known Member
Jun 1, 2019
Penang
@RENESIS VIII Mine car now using wira 1.6 front kyb gas shock(recently change) with SE spring and rear kyb gas shock(last year change) with 1.6 stock spring, rear is quite higher and soft.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
But I was surprise because usually bottom out on heavy load is spring problem, but only with absorber change was settled.....lol

1.6 probably heavier engine or stronger force, therefore have stronger spring...
You changed to gas type absorbers from oil type?

But that is for the rear. But likely the stronger rear spring is there to balance back the stronger front springs. Otherwise the whole car's setup would have been unbalanced.

Ya, I also notice stock 1.6 rear spring is extra 2 coil than 1.5. What is your rear height after use apm spring with kyb gas shock. I saw other thread u are talking your car is wira 1.5, than how was front setup
2 extra coil compared to your stock 1.5? Could it be that your earlier Wira 1.5 carburetor had a different spring than my Wira 1.5 EFI. Cause mine is only 1 coil extra.

My rear height is slightly higher than before, only the front looks a lot higher. Front is using Wira 1.6/1.8 springs from APM and shock absorbers from KYB.

@RENESIS VIII Mine car now using wira 1.6 front kyb gas shock(recently change) with SE spring and rear kyb gas shock(last year change) with 1.6 stock spring, rear is quite higher and soft.
Your SE springs must have made your front lower than a normal 1.6 / 1.8 spring on Wira. Why not you try and find Wira SE rear springs for your car too?

Want to ask more information 1st, because @RENESIS VIII using apm sport spring. Want to knw the height and feeling
No no no, I'm not using APM sport springs. Just the normal APM springs.

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
how was the height, will be very bumpy in rear?
cuz proride yellow already 35%+- harder than stock abs + sport spring somemore
last time when my engine was still stock 1.5, i was using normal proride with APM performax springs. ok ok laa. oversteer a lot those days. and sometimes understeer depending on the road condition.

it is. 4G9x engine is heavier than 4G1x. i dunno why someone would want to use 1.6 springs on 1.5. it'll be taller and bouncy.

kaihoong

Known Member
Jun 1, 2019
Penang
last time when my engine was still stock 1.5, i was using normal proride with APM performax springs. ok ok laa. oversteer a lot those days. and sometimes understeer depending on the road condition.

What meaning is understeer and oversteer:confused:

it is. 4G9x engine is heavier than 4G1x. i dunno why someone would want to use 1.6 springs on 1.5. it'll be taller and bouncy.
I understand this but before heard my malay friend nice with this setup ma, so try to do like this. Before I change to 1.6 setup, mine stock absorber already spoilt. I already forget how was standard feeling.

kaihoong

Known Member
Jun 1, 2019
Penang
You changed to gas type absorbers from oil type?
I from waja absorber change to wira 1.6 gas, waja abs more harder

But that is for the rear. But likely the stronger rear spring is there to balance back the stronger front springs. Otherwise the whole car's setup would have been unbalanced.

That the point, i also thinking of mine rear abs is soft

2 extra coil compared to your stock 1.5? Could it be that your earlier Wira 1.5 carburetor had a different spring than my Wira 1.5 EFI. Cause mine is only 1 coil extra.

My rear height is slightly higher than before, only the front looks a lot higher. Front is using Wira 1.6/1.8 springs from APM and shock absorbers from KYB.

Your SE springs must have made your front lower than a normal 1.6 / 1.8 spring on Wira. Why not you try and find Wira SE rear springs for your car too?

No no no, I'm not using APM sport springs. Just the normal APM springs.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Heavy duty type? Or you modified the absorbers?
You miss my above post? This was the post......lol

Mine was many years ago, that time HWL not out yet, they were called top perfect, special made, kind of special test set for my car....lol

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

really cool technology..i'm wondering if we already have this in malaysia or not?? the equipment is not cheap so i guess this service ain't cheap tho..:driver:
and in Malaysia climate, i'm wondering how long it going to last..

HG Arts - Water Transfer Printing Film, Hydro Dipping Graphics, Hydrographics

Water Transfer Printing - Hydrographics - Wassertransferdruck Process | HG Arts (www.hgarts.com) -...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience