Why so many proton car stolen?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!
Just a wild guesse are most proton cars kena stolen is the work of proton factory production line ex-staff becos they will have the 1st hand understanding of how the whole process of all the security n locks of the car function. Bear in mind they are the one who install all your proton car stuff whether its interior or exterior!

Don't shot me, its just my wild guesse. Feel free to comment. :smile:

Not necessary. More like Proton didn't bother to upgrade their stock alarm system for all vehicle models. Also partly, owner's fault for creating attention for their cars - putting up performance stickers or those "Kiss Me You Pay" stick-on signs.

Sometimes, putting club stickers (such as Tropicana or KL Golf & Country) or college stickers (KBU, Help) can contribute to this problem.

Thieves will normally judge a person by his or her car - more high performance stuff = rich fella or more club membership at high society areas = super rich fella.

Best to keep the car stock as possible with nothing for them to take. However, this does not work 100% because there are thieves who even target stock cars! :mad:

Last edited:
Stock Proton cars are just so easy to break in and to steal. For one, the standard alarm is hopeless and the way proton cars are built, it is easy for thieves to gain entry into your car (things like wira's rear trunk key hole that is easy to pry out, the driver door handle that u can pry open etc). Another thing is that because there are so many Protons on the road, stealing a Proton to chop it up for parts is quite a lucrative "business" too. I think it all just boils down to expensive car prices in Malaysia. If cars are cheaper, spare parts for the cars would be too, hence stealing a Proton for parts would not be worth the risks...

acbc said:
Not necessary. More like Proton didn't bother to upgrade their stock alarm system for all vehicle models. Also partly, owner's fault for creating attention for their cars - putting up performance stickers or those "Kiss Me You Pay" stick-on signs.

Sometimes, putting club stickers (such as Tropicana or KL Golf & Country) or college stickers (KBU, Help) can contribute to this problem.

Thieves will normally judge a person by his or her car - more high performance stuff = rich fella or more club membership at high society areas = super rich fella.

Best to keep the car stock as possible with nothing for them to take. However, this does not work 100% because there are thieves who even target stock cars! :mad:
wait.... 2 stock wira, one has a KBU sticker, while the other doesn't. How does not give signal to the thief? I mean, either way its still a stock wira, which the thief can still break in or drive the car away wot?

think bout it. heh he hheh. If u say bout robbery, like the robber target the owner.... then yes... maybe it will attract alittle. Otherwise, i dont think so. ;)

Proton is easier to break in and easier to dispose in market as there
is strong demand.

zephyr3d said:
wait.... 2 stock wira, one has a KBU sticker, while the other doesn't. How does not give signal to the thief? I mean, either way its still a stock wira, which the thief can still break in or drive the car away wot?

think bout it. heh he hheh. If u say bout robbery, like the robber target the owner.... then yes... maybe it will attract alittle. Otherwise, i dont think so. ;)

Well, if the thieves have been watching your daily activities... sticker or not, they will break-in.

By having say a KBU or Monash sticker, you are actually inviting them check out your car... we all know that not everyone can attend KBU or Monash - only a select few can (the ones with loaded parents).

However, this does not mean those without any stickers are safe.

Thieves are thieves. Once a thief, always a thief...

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom