Why people do these things?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Seabiscuit

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Sometime JB
Visit site
Have you encounter some low cost product selling in the market has the brand name or design almost similar to the branded? Like Remus and Rimus, Adidas & Abibas, Levi’s and Lives… or Puma speedcat vs Kiki-Lala kidcat, Nike air (udara) vs Nike air (water). If you have more, please add.

You can find tons of immitation product at pasar malam. Blueberry or LV handbag is not for rich people anymore. Even a bangladesh can wear Patek Phillipe, IWC, OMEGA....

Why people already have the capability to produce the end product ended up using other people’s brand and design? Can’t they just make their own brand and slowly gain the reputation?

Kopi

500 RPM
May 18, 2004
Cheras
Visit site
since u mention it, yeah...
Original vs Imposters
SPARCO - SPARKO
O'Neill - O'Neil
SONY - SOMY
Rolex - Bolex
PUMA - POMA
Von Dutch - Von Dotch
PROTON - POTRON (bet u guys wonder, it's usually the lower arms part)

Last edited:

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
One big major famous products can get cheap in one place:

GREDDY, SONY, APEXi, HKS, VEILSIDE, AUTO GAUGE = BROTHER'S .. he he

I also saw some;
ADIDAS - ADIDOS (My cousin using sandals)

Seabiscuit not about the name, even i bought some branded look originally named , NIKE, ADIDAS, PUMA & REEBOK (they never change the name) .. sold around RM15 - RM30 in Kelantan & Padang Besar, brought in from Thailand.

Last time they use immitation names, but now they improved already, bravely using same brand names ;) but lower quality product. Not to say too low the quality, im still wearing the NIKE t-shirt i bought 2 yrs ago in Thailand about RM20 .. and it looks stiff ;) till now ..

P/S: Planned In US, Designed in France, Engineered in Germany, Assembled In Ireland, Exported to Taiwan then finally stamped "MADE IN TAIWAN" on to it .. ha ha ...

Last edited:

Kopi

500 RPM
May 18, 2004
Cheras
Visit site
"american parts.... russian parts... all made in Taiwan!!!" - bang! bang! bang!
anyone remember this in Armageddon? Lucky he didn't say all made in Penang!

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
Kopi .. now DELL computers worldwide are manufactured in Penang ;) .. he he .. ask them to make good quality tau? otherwise our country reputation drops :) .. he he

AE80TypeD

1,500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Puchong
Visit site
hahaha :lol: it was

"aym telling you pleese step ayside.."
"NO you dont know these components!"
"AMYERICAN kompoonents... ROSSHYAN kompoonents... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN!"

:rofl: that was a good scene...

i've also seen Sony --> Tony ahaha

links

1,500 RPM
May 26, 2004
Kopi said:
since u mention it, yeah...
Original vs Imposters
SPARCO - SPARKO
O'Neill - O'Neil
SONY - SOMY
Rolex - Bolex
PUMA - POMA
Von Dutch - Von Dotch
PROTON - POTRON (bet u guys wonder, it's usually the lower arms part)
hey in china they got:

Samsung anycall become Samsing Amycall..still trying to look for this funky brand phone.

you can find variety of imitated phone in china..someare worse than the original specs but amazingly some have higher specs than original one...

Seabiscuit

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Sometime JB
Visit site
Crashvenom said:
why do people ask these question?
isn't it obvious?
What's wrong with asking these question?

If I have money to open any factory, I die die wanna use my own brand and design for my product. If I keep imitating other people's design & brand. Forever my product is sold to 3rd country. If a country keep exporting imitation product, forever people will think it's a 3rd country.

I respect some local brand like Forest, D'urban, S'fare... at least they got their own brand. But sometimes I think that any clothing in department store are considered medium-low class fashion.

If I said anything wrong. please correct me.

Seabiscuit

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Sometime JB
Visit site
One product pop up in my mind.

PENSONIC! lastime was like pasar malam electronic. Now quality getting better. But why use a brand name that almost similar to panasonic.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
because last time, its an imitation to panasonic mah... but due to its popularity, they start to do better products... so now pensonic stuff also can match with panasonic ar...

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
immitation.... cheaper... attracts ppl whom can't afford the original.

i've seen Adidos... from far i tot itz really Adidas... the whole design is almost the same... only the "o" let the cat out of the bag.

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
or lets put it this way.... Korean immitation is the grade A immitation of the branded.. itz really like the ori.

whould u buy/use the korean LV, or gucci bag.... or u rather not use it at all. I mean.. the gucci is really like real.. no way u can tell itz fake, except the price tag.

so... ? which one? replica or ori?

wish9

Known Member
May 13, 2005
Nevada
Seabiscuit said:
One product pop up in my mind.

PENSONIC! lastime was like pasar malam electronic. Now quality getting better. But why use a brand name that almost similar to panasonic.

Recently, i watched a Tvb drama, after the drama end, it will show who is the actors, actress and sponsors.
I SAW PENSONIC !!!!

thats succesful !

Seabiscuit

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Sometime JB
Visit site
zephyr3d said:
or lets put it this way.... Korean immitation is the grade A immitation of the branded.. itz really like the ori.

whould u buy/use the korean LV, or gucci bag.... or u rather not use it at all. I mean.. the gucci is really like real.. no way u can tell itz fake, except the price tag.

To me. a businessman wear a fake IWC. It's a real one. a office boy wear a real patek phillipe, it's a fake one.

Actually I wouldn't buy branded that beyond my status. Myself already reflects my status. People will think that I'm pretend to be richman so called "chiong". I can affort levi's but can't affort RL Polo.

Seabiscuit

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Sometime JB
Visit site
zephyr3d said:
immitation.... cheaper... attracts ppl whom can't afford the original.

i've seen Adidos... from far i tot itz really Adidas... the whole design is almost the same... only the "o" let the cat out of the bag.
That's the problem. If the guy wear adidos and people found out it's a copycat. will the guy feel himself like cari malu only?

DR78

500 RPM
Aug 26, 2005
subang
zephyr3d said:

for me i'll go 4 the imitation stuff la provided the quality is reasonable.. i'm very sure if a malaysian girl carrying an ori gucci or lv bag sure people think she is using imitation.. good for loaded people this way a imagine an old fart coming out from a porche n uses pasar malam rolex would u think its fake..? but clothes i always go for the original coz havent seen any imitation clothings which is of good quality.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear All ZTHians,

Need to ask something, yesterday I heard from a friend that his foreman change his 4G93T engine piston to 4AGZE Piston coz the foreman said change to shorter stroke can boost more woh.. is it correct?

As I knoe 4G93 bore and Stroke is 81 x 89 and 4AGZE is 81 x 77.7, like this his 4G93T engine cc will be drop back to 1.6 right or it will be increase? is it the best way is to load CA18T piston?

Need advice:confused:...thanks:adore::adore:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience