bryan2727

Known Member
Jan 3, 2006
I dun understand a single damn word ther~~

My Malay sucks ~

bryan2727

Known Member
Jan 3, 2006
a muk ? u mean the "Tin Yao Lou's" son ?

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
Bryan2727, not to question your knowledge... but there is always internet google, or online dictionary if you really need to know something.

From Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary (m-w.com)

http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/amok

Main Entry: 1amok
Pronunciation: &-'m&k, -'mäk
Variant(s): or amuck /&-'m&k/
Function: noun
Etymology: Malay amok
: a murderous frenzy that has traditionally been regarded as occurring especially in Malaysian culture

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
geez... how come they specificially stated "Malaysian" ? i tot this happens in overseas as well? If i'm not mistaken there is an english term for it....

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
Amok or hysteria in english....
but I think the thread is meant to comment on those non-existance-voice-hearing-craps that leads to murder or slashing of ppls....

it doesn't only happened in malay societies ler....even chinese societies has it; that's why the "sin-seh"/"sifu" or "bomoh" can be considered as full time job.....hahaha

there's this case which happened ages ago back in my hometown and was talk of the year back in the 90s. I think I'm still in primary or secondary sch....forgot.
There's this couple (chinese). The wife heard someone calling her up one night to cut off the penis of her husband. She did that with a siccors, and wrapped the penis in red cloths and even flushed it down the toilet.
Grosss.......they say she was being pocessed...

But there's also scientific method of analysis to this matter; but got to stress that not all cases has any logical explanations.
For this case, in her sub-consious mind; she's feeling that the husband has affairs outside; thus the feeling of harted and repulse got to her making her mad.
She was not jailed though, was sent into a mental instituition instead.

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
something like that lo....

but last time, one whole school of those Malay Secondary school(where non malay cannot study dere) , all those gals suddenly become hysteria, come out in the newspaper....start from one that to another then the whole school until the uztaz or bomoh come and do something... :) but most of this case happen only on this kind of school...

i wonder it is true or do they just faked it for the fun of it....

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
Main Entry: 1amok
Pronunciation: &-'m&k, -'mäk
Variant(s): or amuck /&-'m&k/
Function: noun
Etymology: Malay amok
: a murderous frenzy that has traditionally been regarded as occurring especially in Malaysian culture

I like tat ..see Malaysians ..haha funny...

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
I think Hysteria and Amuk is different.

I had a malay girl whom had hysteria before. She's not disturbing anyone around she just like shout and faint her herself.

Amuk ... i dunt understand.. , so.. if i AMUK and kill someone so i wont get jail lar .. if so great! .. i have enemies whom i'd like to kill :)

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
haha......but u have to be certified by a psychiatrist appointed by the law to be insane beforehand.
Than u need to serve "Tanjung Rambutan" until ur deem fit in mental again........

but basically that's the loop hole in law. There's one famous gangster in my hometown whereby he got the license to kill or at least that's how we call it as he's being certified insane before and escape serving jail term.

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow
sakuraguy said:
Not to create any racial issue here, but im curious since one of my friend also said. "These type of matter happens to Malays" ..

I never heard Chinese or Indian or other races have this problem .. example .. "Amuk"

http://www.hmetro.com.my/Current_News/HM/Tuesday/BeritaUtama/20060801090137/Article/indexm_html

Anyone can explain?
the so call murderer i think is giving excuses that he heard voice telling him to kill, in fact i think he already plan it for a long time,just waiting for the right time to do so. Heard voices is rubbish,killing is killing in the eyes of law,but in Bolehland even if u kill your own parents I think they can still be settle by money,its very bad but its true!

munky

1,500 RPM
Jul 18, 2004
PJ
www.playboy.com
I thought amuk is like mengamuk la, u suddenly become angry and just bash/slash/shoot anything in your way. Hysteria is because you are possessed by something (devil), that's when you have those bomoh, ustaz, monk, etc.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

2007 was a disastrous year for Team Mclaren-Mercedes and Ron Dennis, no driver’s championship, being kicked out of the constructors’ title and a $100 million fine. To add salt to the wound, double world champion, Fernando Alonso walked away from the team; a direct result of amateurish crisis management. These events have resulted in engine partner Mercedes having to swallow a bitter pill and now they are looking...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience