Which system should I go for?

neokenzo

Known Member
Oct 5, 2006
PJ
I am considering of installing either Captor or Connex. However I am not sure which one. Both to me has its pros and cons and neither is without weaknesses. I want to hear any opionions from members of the forum, preferably someone that has one installed in their cars.

Thanks in advance.

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
wats the main purpose for installing the security system for ur car..??
if u scared to lost ur car, the things at above not really help....
just some advise, cos till now, no any car security system can prevent the car crimes...

neokenzo

Known Member
Oct 5, 2006
PJ
I understand that. I know no matter what I installed, nothing is 100% full proof. The purpose of installing all these is to buy as much time as possible. Hopefully the longer it takes them, the less chances of them driving away with the car.

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
wats the main purpose for installing the security system for ur car..??
if u scared to lost ur car, the things at above not really help....
just some advise, cos till now, no any car security system can prevent the car crimes...
Not correct, Connex system can detect the lost vehicle via satellite (GPS). Please refer to the link below for more info:

Connex: Stolen Vehicle Recovery

and about your statement "no any car security system can prevent the car crimes", yes, perhaps you are right but what we can do is to delay their process. We can't think that "Since tomorrow I will be dirty, no need to take shower lah today". Just my opinion. :itsme:

Last edited:

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
I understand that. I know no matter what I installed, nothing is 100% full proof. The purpose of installing all these is to buy as much time as possible. Hopefully the longer it takes them, the less chances of them driving away with the car.
ok, ur main point is buying time, then another advise for u, the mechanical way is the only way...
those thieves using tow-truck now day, so... if u can prevent they tow ur car, u'll win the war...

Not correct, Connex system can detect the lost vehicle via satellite. Please refer to the link below for more info:

Connex: Stolen Vehicle Recovery

and about your statement "no any car security system can prevent the car crimes", yes, perhaps you are right but what we can do is to delay their process. We can't think that "Since tomorrow I will be dirty, no need to take shower lah today". Just my opinion. :itsme:
any branded system oso got some recovery cases, but not really mean anything to those mod car.
3 fren of mine, all driving EK, all has been stolen withing this month, 1 of them by this morning only... he even took out his steering...
yup, mayb GPS can track the loc, but the polise are dead...
even u saw ur stolen parts right at ur front, u still can't do nothing...
still, beware of those no company name's tow trucks...

Mrnazmi

500 RPM
Jan 17, 2005
Drag City
Visit site
Mmmmm, but still we can prevent from any bad thing / delay the process of the stolen of the car by install the alarm system, put the steering lock, break lock, gear lock...:driver:

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
For those who use tow-truck to steal the car, tilt sensor is the item that can help to delay their process. The tilt sensor kicks in when you park your car, means once you park your car, the direction of the sensor sets at a particular angle.

Let's say your car is being tow-ed and the alarm is still in arm mode, once the car turns even just a few degrees, the tilt sensor will trigger the alarm. True, the car can be still stolen away if the thieves ignore it and continue to tow it (if they really wants to steal it), but what the alarm can do is to create "attention" and "awareness" at the surrounding area, then it is up to the public to report to the nearby police. If lucky, the thieves will abandon the car since the siren is beeping.

And not to forget, do install a back-up battery at a hidden area because thieves can disarm the alarm by just disconnecting the battery terminal. :nurse:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
For those who use tow-truck to steal the car, tilt sensor is the item that can help to delay their process. The tilt sensor kicks in when you park your car, means once you park your car, the direction of the sensor sets at a particular angle.

Let's say your car is being tow-ed and the alarm is still in arm mode, once the car turns even just a few degrees, the tilt sensor will trigger the alarm. True, the car can be still stolen away if the thieves ignore it and continue to tow it (if they really wants to steal it), but what the alarm can do is to create "attention" and "awareness" at the surrounding area, then it is up to the public to report to the nearby police. If lucky, the thieves will abandon the car since the siren is beeping.

And not to forget, do install a back-up battery at a hidden area because thieves can disarm the alarm by just disconnecting the battery terminal. :nurse:
To add to that - if you have a GPS tracking alarm as well, it will notify people like Captor or whoever and they will send a retrieval team to get the car back within x number of minutes (so they claim).

The GSM module is useless because it'll tell you where your car is based on the nearest GSM junction, not the exact location.

The best alarm system imho is one that is fully customized. Not one that's right off the shelf. I've seen a car with built in taser in the handle that was used for competition purposes. That's one helluva alarm system.

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
agreed with izso...i remember seeing some ppl in the US putting a pc in their car with a bundle of sensors, gps, autodialer n webcams. when any of the sensors triggered, it boots up the pc n automatically takes pictures of the area surrounding the car n send to a pre-determined contact...so even if they succeed in taking the car, there's photo evidence to charge the criminal...

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com

fully agreed the above statement...
but they will cut the alarm speaker... just like my fren's case...:mad:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
fully agreed the above statement...
but they will cut the alarm speaker... just like my fren's case...:mad:
Then do what I did. Install a backup alarm inside and outside the car. I got backups of everything in my system. :proud: Kinda stupid doing it on my car tho, should've spent the money on a supercharger.

TYPE-R

Jul 7, 2005
KL
please be notified that these bastards have a small device which is called "GPS/GSM Jammer"
He goes in with this device in your car in order to jam up all GPS tracking devices/alarms!!!

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
please be notified that these bastards have a small device which is called "GPS/GSM Jammer"
He goes in with this device in your car in order to jam up all GPS tracking devices/alarms!!!
WAHHH!!!! dam those theives lah always finding new ways to jack our precious rides :mad::mad::mad:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my car is perdana RVR engine with auto gearbox...
and my filter refill need to change edi...
so i deside find the ori air box and do a cold air which is diy the bumper with hose...

and recommend??
which one better??

any ppl who exp on it can tell me???

thank....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience