Which 1.6L used car to go?

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
Guys,

Plan to bring in an used car for my mid range distance travel.
Due to budget concern,
yrs 1993 7th gen Toyota 1.6L SEG (M) and 5th gen Honda Civic 1.6L EFI (M) are short listed in my plan.

Need opinion here:

- Which car have

1) Cheaper maintenance cost
2) Handling
3) Better fuel consumption
4) After market performance parts
5) Better Chassis quality
6) Accessories support such power window, central locking etc.

Please advise... Thx :driver:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Toyota for the win. SEG is probably one of the oldest cars out there that has a lot of aftermarket following. Maintenance which is not that much different compared to the Civic. But Civics have the options of the B and K engines which are quite expensive. Toyota Blacktop slightly cheaper.

Either way, I think both cars have plenty of potential but I'm leaning more towards the Toyota. The SEG was during the era when Toyota actually made good cars.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
R3 Satria Neo. And i mean the real R3 Satria Neo and not the one with r3 bodykit as cosmetics only.

145hp and 168nm of torque..for a 1.6L what's more can we ask for :smile:

If not then SEG with Blacktop 4AGE.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Since you are already finding 1.6 litre, might as well get something that performs better. Civic with B16A or Corolla with 4A-GE. Both 1.6 litre. After market performance parts for these engines will be a lot as they are popular choice of budget performance engine.

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
EK 4door with b18cr or EG 2 door also with b18cr..hehe

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
Only Izso is giving TS a good solution as mentioned by TS on his concern (Due to budget constrain).

No offence here, alot of you giving option which out of TS budget like R3 neo.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Only Izso is giving TS a good solution as mentioned by TS on his concern (Due to budget constrain).

Seriously, R3 Satria Neo was discontinued and I'm referring to 2nd hand. Why not take this as an example? Satria Neo R3 Clubsport for sale. Is rather cheap.

Proton Satria Neo R3 Clubsport Car no. 9/20 - Cars for sale in Puchong, Selangor

Maybe u might say impossible to be this cheap, well it stated there. Urgent sale.

Looking at cars like SEG and 5th Gen Civic. Assuming TS would get it with cash whereby he could pay downpayment for any cars that is within budget monthly. Then again no particular budget limit stated.

http://www.mudah.my/Proton+Satria+Neo+lotus+r3-27609730.htm

RM65K

Just my suggestion. :beer:

Last edited:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Seriously, R3 Satria Neo was discontinued and I'm referring to 2nd hand. Why not take this as an example? Satria Neo R3 Clubsport for sale. Is rather cheap.

Proton Satria Neo R3 Clubsport Car no. 9/20 - Cars for sale in Puchong, Selangor

Maybe u might say impossible to be this cheap, well it stated there. Urgent sale.

Looking at cars like SEG and 5th Gen Civic. Assuming TS would get it with cash whereby he could pay downpayment for any cars that is within budget monthly. Then again no particular budget limit stated.

Proton Satria Neo lotus r3 - Cars for sale in Ayer Keroh, Melaka

RM65K

Just my suggestion. :beer:
Still quite exp compared to the others ma.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Still quite exp compared to the others ma.
The clubsport RM30K+ still affordable ma.

Ish...Preve cost more than this 2. That's why no budget limit stated ma. Still budget 1.6 what LOL

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
The Neo R3 Lotus so cheap??? 2 year old car wor! Half price gone!
Was surprised too. Even the limited edition Neo R3 Clubsport is RM35K I think it can fetch better price than the R3 Lotus...maybe is true or is just a hoax. Clubsport urgent sale though but already about 6 years 1/2 month car

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
Toyota for the win. SEG is probably one of the oldest cars out there that has a lot of aftermarket following. Maintenance which is not that much different compared to the Civic. But Civics have the options of the B and K engines which are quite expensive. Toyota Blacktop slightly cheaper.

Either way, I think both cars have plenty of potential but I'm leaning more towards the Toyota. The SEG was during the era when Toyota actually made good cars.
R3 Satria Neo. And i mean the real R3 Satria Neo and not the one with r3 bodykit as cosmetics only.

145hp and 168nm of torque..for a 1.6L what's more can we ask for :smile:

If not then SEG with Blacktop 4AGE.

Ya... budget is my main concern.
BTW, If I go to SEG with maybe 4AGE inside, is the engine internal spare part still available? easy to get?
Please advise... Thx

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
Ya... budget is my main concern.
BTW, If I go to SEG with maybe 4AGE inside, is the engine internal spare part still available? easy to get?
Please advise... Thx
You have no idea how convenient it is, just needed some time to know where to go and who to look for.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My car 1997 Proton Putra missing infront my house( usj 1 subang jaya) last friday morning..
Here is my car detail:

Make/model: Proton Putra 1997.
Car Registration No : WFM 474.
Colour: Blue with black metallic bonnet c/w mirage asti spoiler.
Engine no: 4G93- EH2968.
Chasis No: PL1C99DNRVB000684.

Others mods on my car is.

16" TE37 (K-SPEED) Wheel.
HWL adjustable absorber.
Nardi TORINO sterring wheel.
Sony xplods cd player.
Blaupunk power amp.

Hope to members have offer...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience