Which is da best? Ron 95..shell,bhp,esso???

zamrioo2

Known Member
May 2, 2005
[H] [K] [S];1063674920 said:
View the vid lor for better understanding...

WHAT IS ENGINE KNOCKING SOUND?
put your gear at high, WOT at very low rpm... or effectively, floor the fuel pedal when the rpm couldn't make any increase (at low rpm) especially climbing hill... u will hear the knock sound (trrr... sumthing like that)

[H] [K] [S]

1,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2006
i watched the video and in my opinion, this kind of knocking not because of fuel RON value. this kind of knocking might be due to some mechanical parts failure or some valve-train mechanism not tuned/adjusted correctly. in idling (no load), the compression pressure in combustion chamber is very low.

my 2 cents only.. lets hear what taiko will say... :biggrin:
Maybe you're right. Sounds like there's a prob with the valves or lifters.

put your gear at high, WOT at very low rpm... or effectively, floor the fuel pedal when the rpm couldn't make any increase (at low rpm) especially climbing hill... u will hear the knock sound (trrr... sumthing like that)
You hear a knocking sound, especially when accelerating. Just don't confused yourself between a knocking sound & ticking/tepet sound...

zamrioo2

Known Member
May 2, 2005
[H] [K] [S];1063690354 said:
You hear a knocking sound, especially when accelerating. Just don't confused yourself between a knocking sound & ticking/tepet sound...
dohc vtec got no tepet sir HKS... since u are 600hp person, expect u are wellknow how ignition timing works with vacuum but not with piston speed...

[H] [K] [S]

1,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2006
dohc vtec got no tepet sir HKS... since u are 600hp person, expect u are wellknow how ignition timing works with vacuum but not with piston speed...
:rofl: My bad then. People tend to make mistakes sir. I will try to get you a proper answer.

However certain causes of engine knocks besides carbon deposits or poor fuel. Maybe the ai filter clogged? Perhaps there's a tune-up issue, such as timing set improperly. During idling got em clicking sound, maybe there's issues with the valves or lifters, perhaps the engine's oil pressure is low, or there is a lot of sludge in your engine that is stopping oil from circulating properly.. Iono. Tons of possibilities...

Last edited:

zamrioo2

Known Member
May 2, 2005
[H] [K] [S];1063690429 said:
:rofl: My bad then. People tend to make mistakes sir. I will try to get you a proper answer.

However certain causes of engine knocks besides carbon deposits or poor fuel. Maybe the ai filter clogged? Perhaps there's a tune-up issue, such as timing set improperly. During idling got em clicking sound, maybe there's issues with the valves or lifters, perhaps the engine's oil pressure is low, or there is a lot of sludge in your engine that is stopping oil from circulating properly.. Iono. Tons of possibilities...
now i agree with u sir...

lameshit

Sep 17, 2011
Johor Bahru
Hi I am using a stream I vtec, car just arrived first petrol station I pumped caltex. Notice that I highese mileage I can climbed per liter 8.7. Is it true that car had not done their first service would consume more petrol that vehicles that have done their services(Honda stream)
Thank you

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
do u think that the petrol will give different fc for different cars? this is just my experience. for kancil fc is very high with petronas. it saves a lot with shell n bhp. but for integra, i find shell to be the worse. bhp is the best among all. next comes caltex and then petronas. caltex n petronas is very close. so now, i dont use shell anymore for my integra. i was keeping track of this for the past 3 months or more.

what do u think? do u get varying fc with different cars?

syaq0707

Known Member
Sep 8, 2006
currrently BHP, Caltex n Petronas is good man!! the FC really nice

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
Esso has always been the best with most of my cars..

OKLY

Known Member
Nov 26, 2011
Selangor
My MyVi 1.5 uses BHP and Caltex. I find that BHP offers a good balanced ratio of power and fuel consumption. Caltex on the other hand gives a bit more ooomph at highway speeds of above 120km/h but fuel consumption is slightly lower than BHP.

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
frankly speaking, which is better for turbocharged car? I pump petronas seems no power..

revfast

Known Member
Nov 20, 2003
Selangor
Visit site
I have been using Petronas Ron 95 on my Myvi 1.5 for quite awhile. The performance and fuel consumption are satisfied (12.7-13.5km/L). However, I can feel the significant changes after changing those Irridium spark plugs. ( Kena conned by PERODUA Service Centre ). My car is totally lack of power and very bad fuel consumption. One fine afternoon, out of blue moon, I tried BHP Ron 95. Since then, this is my 7th full tank, it clocks 13.8-14.3km/L with 40% city, 60% highway.

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
First i give the characteristics of the brands...

Esso - Its neither powerful nor inferior, i use it quite often because for every 3,000 SMILES POINT (RM1-1POINT) i get RM45 worth of petrol.

Shell - I find it very gassy, thus not that powerful as compared to BHP and Petronas.

BHP - Its quite powerful as claimed by the BHP, my cars meter shows around 9.5L/100km as compared to others brands 10.5L/100km

Petronas - Average in FC but the engine really runs silent! and quite responsively powerful too..

Caltex - Not very up to my expectation, it runs noisy, less power and gives poor FC, sometimes runs like a diesel engine la...

In terms of economy the ranking is...

(1) BHP
(2) Esso
(3) Petronas
(4) Shell
(5) Caltex

But my preference in priority are
(1) Esso
(2) Petronas
(3) BHP
(4) Shell
(5) Caltex

BTW Who want to give you RM45 worth of petrol?:vroam: (for every RM3,000 petrol filled)

Civic Type R

Known Member
Jun 6, 2011
Sarawak
forum.myviclub.com
First i give the characteristics of the brands...

Esso - Its neither powerful nor inferior, i use it quite often because for every 3,000 SMILES POINT (RM1-1POINT) i get RM45 worth of petrol.

Shell - I find it very gassy, thus not that powerful as compared to BHP and Petronas.

BHP - Its quite powerful as claimed by the BHP, my cars meter shows around 9.5L/100km as compared to others brands 10.5L/100km

Petronas - Average in FC but the engine really runs silent! and quite responsively powerful too..

Caltex - Not very up to my expectation, it runs noisy, less power and gives poor FC, sometimes runs like a diesel engine la...

In terms of economy the ranking is...

(1) BHP
(2) Esso
(3) Petronas
(4) Shell
(5) Caltex

But my preference in priority are
(1) Esso
(2) Petronas
(3) BHP
(4) Shell
(5) Caltex

BTW Who want to give you RM45 worth of petrol?:vroam: (for every RM3,000 petrol filled)
Mesra point at Petronas also can change to petrol,but forget how much to how much.. :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Main - Malaysia - Pakatan to slash car taxes after polls win, says Rafizi @ Tue Jul 24 2012

Discuss.
Please speak with your big head, not your small head.

Thank you.

IMO, this is just a populist move.
As much as I hate BN, I personally feel that this fella here is talking thru his ass...
(after all, kan dia to politicians, and since when politicians are known to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience