What's the main difference between Evo 9 and X?

A4XRBJ1

Known Member
Jul 27, 2009
www.awest.de
Besides the price obviously and as a lot of people are telling, the weight disadvantage for the X.

Can anybody eloborate on that? What is Mitsu officially telling us (their customers)?

Should I go for Evo X or Evo 9 if money is not the restricting part but performance wise?

Andreas

T3d

Dec 10, 2008
Hello:wavey:
Base on what i know from the net.EvoX have upgraded their interior better than the previous version evos .It didn't increase their horsepower like subaru x did.Maybe that is the problem that cause weight on it.EvoX come with auto(sst) and manual transmission.Right now it cost expensive too.

E9 interior look more like old school.Not much digital functions or buttons.Transmission :Manual only.

:adore:Sifu out there,correct me if i had the wrong info ^^.

Last edited:

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
i still think that the evo9 looks much much better than the X physically..evo X kinda turn off, somemore it look almost the same as the lancer GT..

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
EvoX looks so much like Lancer GT that at times, I have to peep into the cabin for the bucket seats to confirm other than the intercooler in front. However, EvoX looks great and agreed, E9 is kinda old school.

A4XRBJ1

Known Member
Jul 27, 2009
www.awest.de
Ok, more factors beside the already named ones:

- new developed engine
- SAVC, first time all systems are controlled by one master system
- turning front lights, light where you want to turn to
- stiffer body structure
- stock setup allows oversteer rather than the usual understeer (not sure vs Evo 9 here)

Andreas

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
The main diff btw the 2 version is the MIVEC system!!! We all know MIVEC tech came into Evo on its 9th edition!!! It was a big test for Mitsu to do so when it 1stly launch!!! There were lotsa questions being asked by many car enthusiasts as in how turbo tech wil b combining nicely with Mitsu very own MIVEC knowledge!!!

We all knew, from d market there were lotsa car lovers been converting their MIVEC engine with turbos power for many yrs... But there were still lotsa restriction unsolved or unable to b solved from many locals mech....

But In E9, Mitsu did it!!! Of cos except its cibai lousy titanium fin turbo failure for the 1st batch of the launch!!! Pls pardon me, as I'm damn pissed with it cos mine is 'KONG' off~ With the MIVEC system, E9 do hv better low end torque and better responses whenever u step on the gas pedal as compare to all other previous models (of cos in stock form I'm refering)!!! Anyone of u can try top hv a ride on yr fren's E9 to experience it!!!

But this MIVEC Turbo tech is onli 'Half' done in the E9!!! Cos Mitsu onli invent the MIVEC cam on E9 intake side!!! So, there is onli 1 MIVEC cam in E9 not 2!!! So whenever we, the E9 owners wanna to upgrade our cams, we hv got to look for cams tht r specially made for E9's... Unless we decided to dismantle the MIVEC system, then we can share the after market cams with Mitsu other version of Evo's....

But in Evo X, now the MIVEC system come in full package!!! Both Intake and exhaust side r using MIVEC tech!!!! So Mitsu claimed the Evo X can produce even higher low end torque even for the heavier body weight, Evo X stil manage sub 5sec 0-100m sprint!!!

Frankly, myself hv yet to try on any of the Evo X!!! But from reports, its a very very good car to b driven on the road!!!! Besides the MIVEC engine, its hving a all new S-AWD or smtg in order to improve the oredi outstanding car handling while driving fast n cornering!!!

Andreas,

If u hv got no budget constrain, I think its wiser for u to wait a little while longer for the Evo X MR version rumours to b out soon... It will b another improved version on the existing model!!! Cheerz mate!!! Hope my little knowledge do help ya~~~ Hv a nice day everyone!!!! ^.^

T3d

Dec 10, 2008
Haha alot of my friend miss understood GTlancer is Evolancer X :rolleyes:.I told them isn't a evolancer, they feel dissapointed lol!Both look almost similar but evo X have twin exhuast , holes on hood and interior.:hmmmm:

B18C-R

1,500 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Andreas, nice meeting you. I think what Andy (Stormvolution9) mentioned is true, if you can wait and have no budget constraint, why not wait for the X MR ?

But then again, if you are going to heavily modify the to say stage 2-3 as we discussed during TT yesterday, then the dual mivec cams system won't help much to achieve anything above 400hp. That will be more of pure after market setup, from the cams, turbos to internals, fuel system & ECU nothing can stay stock so MR or otherwise, doesn't matter anymore hence don't waste the money and the wait. ; )

Andy you uncle, make sure you join the next TT and share your e9 experience with Andreas !

A4XRBJ1

Known Member
Jul 27, 2009
www.awest.de
Andreas, nice meeting you. I think what Andy (Stormvolution9) mentioned is true, if you can wait and have no budget constraint, why not wait for the X MR ?

But then again, if you are going to heavily modify the to say stage 2-3 as we discussed during TT yesterday, then the dual mivec cams system won't help much to achieve anything above 400hp. That will be more of pure after market setup, from the cams, turbos to internals, fuel system & ECU nothing can stay stock so MR or otherwise, doesn't matter anymore hence don't waste the money and the wait. ; )
Well, no budget constraint is maybe not right, there's always a limit, otherwise I'd be in the Lamborghini Forum posting now http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/images/smilies/gtnsmilies/rofl.gif

Like I said yesterday (BTW, nice TT), I'll start by optimizing the flow of the engine first, that means from intake to outlet and plan to flash the ECU on a dyno accordingly.

We'll see how much we're gonna see from there, how lean we get and how much I have to handle maybe detonation (still think about installing Water Injection on top for safety reasons).

But first things first, I need a car because I'm so sick & tired of sitting in that shitty old Perdana. Either my driver can't handle gas & brake or it's the car, I'm getting almost sick when he drives and the gearbox isn't helping much on top of it.

We'll see, Orion was telling me they get 5 new SST Evo X in end of August, with the right color :-)

CU,

Andreas

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
imho, ecu reflash is quite pricey. why not go for a power fc or something similar first? once you go for a standalone, you can still sell your power fc :)

jameswwt

1,000 RPM
Mar 7, 2008
The main diff btw the 2 version is the MIVEC system!!! We all know MIVEC tech came into Evo on its 9th edition!!! It was a big test for Mitsu to do so when it 1stly launch!!! There were lotsa questions being asked by many car enthusiasts as in how turbo tech wil b combining nicely with Mitsu very own MIVEC knowledge!!!

We all knew, from d market there were lotsa car lovers been converting their MIVEC engine with turbos power for many yrs... But there were still lotsa restriction unsolved or unable to b solved from many locals mech....

But In E9, Mitsu did it!!! Of cos except its cibai lousy titanium fin turbo failure for the 1st batch of the launch!!! Pls pardon me, as I'm damn pissed with it cos mine is 'KONG' off~ With the MIVEC system, E9 do hv better low end torque and better responses whenever u step on the gas pedal as compare to all other previous models (of cos in stock form I'm refering)!!! Anyone of u can try top hv a ride on yr fren's E9 to experience it!!!

But this MIVEC Turbo tech is onli 'Half' done in the E9!!! Cos Mitsu onli invent the MIVEC cam on E9 intake side!!! So, there is onli 1 MIVEC cam in E9 not 2!!! So whenever we, the E9 owners wanna to upgrade our cams, we hv got to look for cams tht r specially made for E9's... Unless we decided to dismantle the MIVEC system, then we can share the after market cams with Mitsu other version of Evo's....

But in Evo X, now the MIVEC system come in full package!!! Both Intake and exhaust side r using MIVEC tech!!!! So Mitsu claimed the Evo X can produce even higher low end torque even for the heavier body weight, Evo X stil manage sub 5sec 0-100m sprint!!!

Frankly, myself hv yet to try on any of the Evo X!!! But from reports, its a very very good car to b driven on the road!!!! Besides the MIVEC engine, its hving a all new S-AWD or smtg in order to improve the oredi outstanding car handling while driving fast n cornering!!!

Andreas,

If u hv got no budget constrain, I think its wiser for u to wait a little while longer for the Evo X MR version rumours to b out soon... It will b another improved version on the existing model!!! Cheerz mate!!! Hope my little knowledge do help ya~~~ Hv a nice day everyone!!!! ^.^
Wow...seems the "Cibai Lousy Turbo" will soon transform to a GT3++ ah...hehe
Maybe might get a turbo as big as Pamela Anderson lol...Who knows wat's in our Lang cai mind...hehe

A4XRBJ1

Known Member
Jul 27, 2009
www.awest.de
imho, ecu reflash is quite pricey. why not go for a power fc or something similar first? once you go for a standalone, you can still sell your power fc :)
I was looking at Evoscan to flash the ECU, still waiting for confirmation from their side that it works reflashing the Evo X too, Philip.

It only costs you a wideband meter, some street tuning and finally some dyno tuning with an experienced tuner. That's all.

Why should I invest into something half-hearted, to through it away later on. I did this way on my S2000, my learning is go big right in the first instance and forget about all those other minor changes that will never make you happy.

But with the recent events on Evo carjacking, I'm very worried about driving around town with an Evo.

Anyway, will test drive the new Jaguar XF today, let's see how a bit of luxury is to drive :-)

Andreas

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
mizunori77: how much is ecu reflash?

zenom

Known Member
Dec 17, 2006
the main difference ?
the looks. haha ;p

i dunno. i hate evo x looks .
well evo 9 pulak , i think 7 out of 10 evo9 i believe is evo7 converted to evo9 :rofl:
well if u have no budget limit
go for evoX la. more expensive. n its still rare thou . feels more exclusive . :smokin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi..

Anyone here using electrical fuel pump on their carb engine?
I heard that it gives better, constant & stable fuel flow.. & good
for drifting or track racing as the fuel flow wont overflow like
mechanical fuel pump. If u're using one, what type are u using?
I'm running on a 1.3 carb engine from toyota. :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience