What is your first car?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
1U is no 8 biggest mall in the world d.. 4.9million sqft.. even Pyramid no 14 in the world also 4.2million sqft only d.. very hard to compare.. hard to compare.. lol....:hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm:
I know Malaysia got a few malls that can get world top ranking in terms of size. Several other large malls are also in South East Asia like Philippines, Thailand... I guess people around this region just likes shopping so much.

mirage-rs

Known Member
Jul 2, 2010
Kajang
touger.wordpress.com
agagagaga.... puny engine is fun... won't blow much on our wallet and no problem even its almost the end of the month. :burnout::rofl:4G13 ka 4G15 ka doesn't really matters... some, so called converted powderful JDM engine fellas can talk cock their cars is fast bla2 but in the end got smoked by a continental stock family sedan when it comes to top speed... :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
We should be talking about Naza, Car mall......lol
If Naza is car mall, the halfcut shop is pawn shop. All used stuff but valuable in a sense. Hahahaha:rofl:

agagagaga.... puny engine is fun... won't blow much on our wallet and no problem even its almost the end of the month. :burnout::rofl:4G13 ka 4G15 ka doesn't really matters... some, so called converted powderful JDM engine fellas can talk cock their cars is fast bla2 but in the end got smoked by a continental stock family sedan when it comes to top speed... :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
You're right about not blowing water for our wallet. I've been using my Wira for almost 3 years already. Since my usage until now, I think around RM3200 had been spent on the car. I made a list recently and over 20 different things is included in the list... RM3200 maintenance cost for 3 years usage is considered cheap I think. Considering the car is old and things need to be replaced. Averaging around RM100 per month. Still cheaper than some of my friends who pay monthly installment for their new car. :biggrin:

My friend who bought a Proton Saga and took a 5 year loan needed around RM700 a month for his installment. That is crazy considering that he is working at KL and his salary is just RM2k plus. I rather just spend the money to fix or improve my Wira...

mirage-rs

Known Member
Jul 2, 2010
Kajang
touger.wordpress.com
If Naza is car mall, the halfcut shop is pawn shop. All used stuff but valuable in a sense. Hahahaha:rofl:

You're right about not blowing water for our wallet. I've been using my Wira for almost 3 years already. Since my usage until now, I think around RM3200 had been spent on the car. I made a list recently and over 20 different things is included in the list... RM3200 maintenance cost for 3 years usage is considered cheap I think. Considering the car is old and things need to be replaced. Averaging around RM100 per month. Still cheaper than some of my friends who pay monthly installment for their new car. :biggrin:

My friend who bought a Proton Saga and took a 5 year loan needed around RM700 a month for his installment. That is crazy considering that he is working at KL and his salary is just RM2k plus. I rather just spend the money to fix or improve my Wira...
There is this common layman/normal people saying... "Buy new car, new car is good, problem free, new means new tech and won't disappoint like an old car"... well, I can't 100% agree on both. I had fun maintaining n modding mitsu based protons. Scouting the halfcuts for parts... some enjoy buying new fresh parts for new cars... Well I don't have a dedicated daily since I rode bike to work... makes sense for me who works deepn the city centre:slug::slug::slug::slug::slug:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
There is this common layman/normal people saying... "Buy new car, new car is good, problem free, new means new tech and won't disappoint like an old car"... well, I can't 100% agree on both. I had fun maintaining n modding mitsu based protons. Scouting the halfcuts for parts... some enjoy buying new fresh parts for new cars... Well I don't have a dedicated daily since I rode bike to work... makes sense for me who works deepn the city centre:slug::slug::slug::slug::slug:
I won't say new car is good... Those who paid installments and barely surviving after that better hope and pray that their new car won't broke down or anything... If that happens, it will be a very bad news for them especially if the warranty period is over but installment haven't finished yet... Like my Proton Saga friend. I saw his tyres looked old and told him time to change soon. Told him the price probably around RM140-RM170. He ask me back, is that the price for all four tyres? I told him no, is the price for a piece. I think he din't expect that...

You ride bike to work? This surprises me since you owned a W212... Too humble. :adore:

Bro. issuzark and sanekit went pawn shop tt weh!:biggrin:
I haven't been to halfcut shop before. I think if I go, I'll spend a lot of time looking at this and that while taking pictures. :rofl:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I won't say new car is good... Those who paid installments and barely surviving after that better hope and pray that their new car won't broke down or anything... If that happens, it will be a very bad news for them especially if the warranty period is over but installment haven't finished yet... Like my Proton Saga friend. I saw his tyres looked old and told him time to change soon. Told him the price probably around RM140-RM170. He ask me back, is that the price for all four tyres? I told him no, is the price for a piece. I think he din't expect that...

You ride bike to work? This surprises me since you owned a W212... Too humble. :adore:

I haven't been to halfcut shop before. I think if I go, I'll spend a lot of time looking at this and that while taking pictures. :rofl:
New car is good, but not the loan thing......lol

Warranty 3 years, loan 5 to 7 years. Like you say after warranty still paying the loan, anything wrong chialat loh.....But then wear and tear items not covered, still got to pay, like your friend tyres.....hhahahhahahah:biggrin:

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
hoho this is exactly how many of my friends are.... to them, new car = better, to them, no problems for a few years and old car no good~~ i usually advise them to get a 1-2 yr old car if they want something newish and under warranty. you could imagine their faces when i bought a 20 yr old car....
first comes the horror then the shock and awe.

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Fully agreed man...
There are a lot of youngsters whom dont know how much a bowl of rice cost..
I had saw a lot of these people... buy car just buy.. did not even think of the maintenance cost at all and dump nearly all the salary to installment... this is digging own graveyard...
when economy is good, you able to gamble.. but now... try to go out 2 person enough, see how much the pocket burn off...

Jac83

Known Member
Apr 29, 2007
Oi why the sudden pop up of all the 'financial advisors'? Lol

There is no need to be so negative on buying cars la.

The thing is not all fresh graduates have interest in 'knowing your car's basic and maintenance' mah haha. So for those who had totally zero interest in car's knowledge may opt for buying new cars since new cars will most probably require less time at the workshop, less time to source for spare parts and of course less headache lol. Don't flame me ya. Cabutz.:vroam:

But i do agree that fresh graduates should spend their salary on car loan wisely though. With 2k plus salary, monthly car loan commitment should be confined to 30 percent or less of take home salary in order to have some saving at the end of the month lol. But on the bright side, salary will increase parallel with year of service so i'll say it is still up to each and everyone's financial preference.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
New car is good, but not the loan thing......lol

Warranty 3 years, loan 5 to 7 years. Like you say after warranty still paying the loan, anything wrong chialat loh.....But then wear and tear items not covered, still got to pay, like your friend tyres.....hhahahhahahah:biggrin:
For gila mod kakis like us, not many new cars will appeal to us if we plan to mod. Now when I look at a lot of new cars, I actually found out that many parts can't be modded anymore. Not to mention insufficient engine bay space for some.

During warranty period, normally things won't break down or what. Still new... Unless the parts are a defect or something. But after the warranty period is where one should start to be worried... Car getting older and many people din't take care of their cars properly...

hoho this is exactly how many of my friends are.... to them, new car = better, to them, no problems for a few years and old car no good~~ i usually advise them to get a 1-2 yr old car if they want something newish and under warranty. you could imagine their faces when i bought a 20 yr old car....
first comes the horror then the shock and awe.
You're a young guy as well? Since your name is 1991. What 20 year old car that you have bought?

Fully agreed man...
There are a lot of youngsters whom dont know how much a bowl of rice cost..
I had saw a lot of these people... buy car just buy.. did not even think of the maintenance cost at all and dump nearly all the salary to installment... this is digging own graveyard...
when economy is good, you able to gamble.. but now... try to go out 2 person enough, see how much the pocket burn off...
When things broke down, suddenly will say things like "waah, why so expensive?" :biggrin:

I foresee in a few more years time, my friends will approach me to ask me about cars when they want to buy any cars. Already got a few asked me about it before and many who don't have a car yet told me that next time if they buy car, sure will come find me first... But sometimes, it is also difficult to explain things to them since they are like totally blank about car technical stuff.

Oi why the sudden pop up of all the 'financial advisors'? Lol

There is no need to be so negative on buying cars la.

The thing is not all fresh graduates have interest in 'knowing your car's basic and maintenance' mah haha. So for those who had totally zero interest in car's knowledge may opt for buying new cars since new cars will most probably require less time at the workshop, less time to source for spare parts and of course less headache lol. Don't flame me ya. Cabutz.:vroam:

But i do agree that fresh graduates should spend their salary on car loan wisely though. With 2k plus salary, monthly car loan commitment should be confined to 30 percent or less of take home salary in order to have some saving at the end of the month lol. But on the bright side, salary will increase parallel with year of service so i'll say it is still up to each and everyone's financial preference.
This is one reason that I always tell my friends that owning a car is not so easy. I said cars are not like your electronic stuff like phone or computer where you just buy, plug in electricity and use it until it breaks down then change. I said cars is not just about drive, refill petrol and drive again. Need to consider many things and costs. Also need to observe and monitor any symptoms or signs yourself.

esthapo

Trail Bomber
Mar 31, 2006
Sister'sBedroom
My 1st car is the 1.6 Green Demon satria fully convert to Mirage Cyborg kit but sold after I got my 1st job....but technically it is still my car now since the ownership haven't done by buyers till now (more than 10 years edi)....so I can say I still have my 1st car but its not with me anymore :burnout:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
My 1st car is the 1.6 Green Demon satria fully convert to Mirage Cyborg kit but sold after I got my 1st job....but technically it is still my car now since the ownership haven't done by buyers till now (more than 10 years edi)....so I can say I still have my 1st car but its not with me anymore :burnout:
Isn't that a bit risky since you did not change the ownership? Because if anything bad like accidents or theft happen, you are the real legitimate owner of the car. Or are you close with the new owner?

esthapo

Trail Bomber
Mar 31, 2006
Sister'sBedroom
Isn't that a bit risky since you did not change the ownership? Because if anything bad like accidents or theft happen, you are the real legitimate owner of the car. Or are you close with the new owner?
Yeah of course the risk on me....Ive signed all the document for new owner transfer ship but he didn't submit the form don't know what their reason....but till today no saman or anything for almost 10 years I believe the car already died or scraped....i dont know the new owner but I still have his IC copy can aa :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi everyone n good day...I saw a lot of tread about upgrade BBK...but don't seems to get a lot of info about it...market now has a lots of brand..which will be your option to choose if your upgrading and anyone review on it...
The of brands are as follow

1)Brembo from Evo or DC5
2)Sumitumo 4pots
3)VTTR 4 or 6pots
4)Grippen 6pots
5)K Sport 8pots

Saw some selling off the Grippen at very good deals...any problem or reason by selling it off? Taiwan BBK I notice are almost the same...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience