What is your first car?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The one at Falim already opened almost a year ago. That one is actually the 4th Aeon in Ipoh already. :biggrin:

I heard school teacher nowadays got starting pay as much as RM3k. Those in late 40s and early 50s are getting around RM5k and above a month.
Ipoh got 4 Aeon, bigger than PJ already.......lol

If you like teaching then go ahead apply....

mirage-rs

Known Member
Jul 2, 2010
Kajang
touger.wordpress.com
Hehehe, you remember your roots and origins well. Despite upgrading to Merc, you still like your humble Satria. Some rich people thought that these cars are just cheap junk or tin cans which makes me feel quite offended.

You are not the first one who told me to avoid 4G92 MIVEC. Some stated that MIVEC should be avoided due to difficulties in finding spare parts such as the driveshaft. And MIVEC is not a puny engine... How many cars nowadays can rev up to 8k rpm. Most of them are expensive cars. Except one that I know of. Low power but can reach 8k rpm redline. Perodua Viva 660. :biggrin:
Not rich leh... biasa-biasa only... prefer driving the puny engine satria... feels very raw... something that only available in the 90's car... even my wife's daily viva 850 (Daihatsu Avy NA clone... literally on the outside) early millenium cars still have the high revving fun despite like your say... low power... guess what... its a manual tranny... she hates auto cars... plus the failure of the W212 CGI :smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin:

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
My sis in law was a school teacher, enter as wira after a few years still a wira.......hhahhahahahhaha

She left and took up special education, first with G, then private then further her studies in the States and now have a doctorate in special education teaching in US state Uni.....:driver:
Thats upgrade step by step lo...

Not rich leh... biasa-biasa only... prefer driving the puny engine satria... feels very raw... something that only available in the 90's car... even my wife's daily viva 850 (Daihatsu Avy NA clone... literally on the outside) early millenium cars still have the high revving fun despite like your say... low power... guess what... its a manual tranny... she hates auto cars... plus the failure of the W212 CGI :smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin:
Experts only use 3 pedal.. lol...:driver:
just like my friend wife, dont know how to use auto somemore only know how to drive turbo cars, previously drive NA car been hit from the back by lorry coz she said that why that car can go out easily but this one one kind only..:driver::driver:

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
First car is perdana 6a12 Na manual for close to 7 years. Currently thinking of getting subaru v8/9 or convert to evo3 FWD. Hmm

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

PJ got 1Utama nearby what... Larger than even 2 Aeon combined together.

Feeling neutral on teaching only. Family said teaching is a secure and stable job. :biggrin:

I highly agree on that very raw feeling. My friend who drives a F30 320i even said my 4G15 Wira feels more raw and engaging despite sitting on my car as passenger. Another one who tested the 320i and my car also said that 320i is a good car but less fun than Wira. My car is really nothing to be honest, just 4G15... Just normal car, normal engine but can be more fun in driving than a RM200k bimmer. Imagine the fun if it is running on 4G92 MIVEC, 4G93T or 4G63T...

just like my friend wife, dont know how to use auto somemore only know how to drive turbo cars, previously drive NA car been hit from the back by lorry coz she said that why that car can go out easily but this one one kind only..:driver::driver:
NA too slow for your friend's wife? Hahahaha

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Yes, upgrade but cannot get if you stay with G, need go private......lol

I still have 2 cars with 3 pedals......:driver:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
PJ got 1Utama nearby what... Larger than even 2 Aeon combined together.

Feeling neutral on teaching only. Family said teaching is a secure and stable job. :biggrin:
1U is a mall not only Aeon....:smokin:

Stable yes, first if you can get in, because is G job, and you will stay stagnant until you retire.......hhahahahhaha

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
1U is a mall not only Aeon....:smokin:

Stable yes, first if you can get in, because is G job, and you will stay stagnant until you retire.......hhahahahhaha
Because I'm not attending government maktab perguruan, I'm not even sure can I get the job or not. Admission into those maktab also not so sure can or not. My grandfather used to be a teacher. Now he is in his 80s and he is still receiving monthly pension which currently had increased to around RM1k. His previous salary many years ago is around that too. That's why my family told me to be a teacher. Say no worries after retirement. :rofl:

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006

1U is no 8 biggest mall in the world d.. 4.9million sqft.. even Pyramid no 14 in the world also 4.2million sqft only d.. very hard to compare.. hard to compare.. lol....:hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
1U is no 8 biggest mall in the world d.. 4.9million sqft.. even Pyramid no 14 in the world also 4.2million sqft only d.. very hard to compare.. hard to compare.. lol....:hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm:
I know Malaysia got a few malls that can get world top ranking in terms of size. Several other large malls are also in South East Asia like Philippines, Thailand... I guess people around this region just likes shopping so much.

mirage-rs

Known Member
Jul 2, 2010
Kajang
touger.wordpress.com
agagagaga.... puny engine is fun... won't blow much on our wallet and no problem even its almost the end of the month. :burnout::rofl:4G13 ka 4G15 ka doesn't really matters... some, so called converted powderful JDM engine fellas can talk cock their cars is fast bla2 but in the end got smoked by a continental stock family sedan when it comes to top speed... :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
We should be talking about Naza, Car mall......lol
If Naza is car mall, the halfcut shop is pawn shop. All used stuff but valuable in a sense. Hahahaha:rofl:

agagagaga.... puny engine is fun... won't blow much on our wallet and no problem even its almost the end of the month. :burnout::rofl:4G13 ka 4G15 ka doesn't really matters... some, so called converted powderful JDM engine fellas can talk cock their cars is fast bla2 but in the end got smoked by a continental stock family sedan when it comes to top speed... :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
You're right about not blowing water for our wallet. I've been using my Wira for almost 3 years already. Since my usage until now, I think around RM3200 had been spent on the car. I made a list recently and over 20 different things is included in the list... RM3200 maintenance cost for 3 years usage is considered cheap I think. Considering the car is old and things need to be replaced. Averaging around RM100 per month. Still cheaper than some of my friends who pay monthly installment for their new car. :biggrin:

My friend who bought a Proton Saga and took a 5 year loan needed around RM700 a month for his installment. That is crazy considering that he is working at KL and his salary is just RM2k plus. I rather just spend the money to fix or improve my Wira...

mirage-rs

Known Member
Jul 2, 2010
Kajang
touger.wordpress.com
If Naza is car mall, the halfcut shop is pawn shop. All used stuff but valuable in a sense. Hahahaha:rofl:

You're right about not blowing water for our wallet. I've been using my Wira for almost 3 years already. Since my usage until now, I think around RM3200 had been spent on the car. I made a list recently and over 20 different things is included in the list... RM3200 maintenance cost for 3 years usage is considered cheap I think. Considering the car is old and things need to be replaced. Averaging around RM100 per month. Still cheaper than some of my friends who pay monthly installment for their new car. :biggrin:

My friend who bought a Proton Saga and took a 5 year loan needed around RM700 a month for his installment. That is crazy considering that he is working at KL and his salary is just RM2k plus. I rather just spend the money to fix or improve my Wira...
There is this common layman/normal people saying... "Buy new car, new car is good, problem free, new means new tech and won't disappoint like an old car"... well, I can't 100% agree on both. I had fun maintaining n modding mitsu based protons. Scouting the halfcuts for parts... some enjoy buying new fresh parts for new cars... Well I don't have a dedicated daily since I rode bike to work... makes sense for me who works deepn the city centre:slug::slug::slug::slug::slug:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
There is this common layman/normal people saying... "Buy new car, new car is good, problem free, new means new tech and won't disappoint like an old car"... well, I can't 100% agree on both. I had fun maintaining n modding mitsu based protons. Scouting the halfcuts for parts... some enjoy buying new fresh parts for new cars... Well I don't have a dedicated daily since I rode bike to work... makes sense for me who works deepn the city centre:slug::slug::slug::slug::slug:
I won't say new car is good... Those who paid installments and barely surviving after that better hope and pray that their new car won't broke down or anything... If that happens, it will be a very bad news for them especially if the warranty period is over but installment haven't finished yet... Like my Proton Saga friend. I saw his tyres looked old and told him time to change soon. Told him the price probably around RM140-RM170. He ask me back, is that the price for all four tyres? I told him no, is the price for a piece. I think he din't expect that...

You ride bike to work? This surprises me since you owned a W212... Too humble. :adore:

Bro. issuzark and sanekit went pawn shop tt weh!:biggrin:
I haven't been to halfcut shop before. I think if I go, I'll spend a lot of time looking at this and that while taking pictures. :rofl:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I won't say new car is good... Those who paid installments and barely surviving after that better hope and pray that their new car won't broke down or anything... If that happens, it will be a very bad news for them especially if the warranty period is over but installment haven't finished yet... Like my Proton Saga friend. I saw his tyres looked old and told him time to change soon. Told him the price probably around RM140-RM170. He ask me back, is that the price for all four tyres? I told him no, is the price for a piece. I think he din't expect that...

You ride bike to work? This surprises me since you owned a W212... Too humble. :adore:

I haven't been to halfcut shop before. I think if I go, I'll spend a lot of time looking at this and that while taking pictures. :rofl:
New car is good, but not the loan thing......lol

Warranty 3 years, loan 5 to 7 years. Like you say after warranty still paying the loan, anything wrong chialat loh.....But then wear and tear items not covered, still got to pay, like your friend tyres.....hhahahhahahah:biggrin:

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
hoho this is exactly how many of my friends are.... to them, new car = better, to them, no problems for a few years and old car no good~~ i usually advise them to get a 1-2 yr old car if they want something newish and under warranty. you could imagine their faces when i bought a 20 yr old car....
first comes the horror then the shock and awe.

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Fully agreed man...
There are a lot of youngsters whom dont know how much a bowl of rice cost..
I had saw a lot of these people... buy car just buy.. did not even think of the maintenance cost at all and dump nearly all the salary to installment... this is digging own graveyard...
when economy is good, you able to gamble.. but now... try to go out 2 person enough, see how much the pocket burn off...

The Marketplace Latest

The Marketplace Top Posts

Recent Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

Im checking out the cost to change the whole bushing and mounting for wira se?

Also much appreciated if could suggest the shop.

I just need normal type, not high end like superpro.

Thanks..

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience