BBK Upgrade n Brands

devilsrules

Known Member
Jul 1, 2009
Hi everyone n good day...I saw a lot of tread about upgrade BBK...but don't seems to get a lot of info about it...market now has a lots of brand..which will be your option to choose if your upgrading and anyone review on it...
The of brands are as follow

1)Brembo from Evo or DC5
2)Sumitumo 4pots
3)VTTR 4 or 6pots
4)Grippen 6pots
5)K Sport 8pots

Saw some selling off the Grippen at very good deals...any problem or reason by selling it off? Taiwan BBK I notice are almost the same price but later pads change any problem cause VTTR should be easy to find n it seems to be everywhere...Thank u for viewing n comment given...

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
how much your budget & for wat car?
nissan(s13,14,15,R32)/aristo 4pot sumitomo going for rm300-350 for front only,
bracket approx rm400 for both sides depending on place & car model.

devilsrules

Known Member
Jul 1, 2009
4gbanger-Thanks for ur reply...i did option for the sumitumo bbk also but like u said the braket is really the main headache...scared braket judder n things like that...

K-Sport i have check they only bring in 8pots for it and cost around 5-6K with installation...pads should be around RM700 per change...and recenly i found Grippen but dont know whats the feedback for it...n ofcourse VTTR is the best taiwan brand know to this market...what im looking for is the after parts change support...K-Sport i hear can change to Ferodo or Mintex pads later...VTTR only used back thier own...so headache...haha...

danzeterna-Thanks for ur reply also...my ride is not something with high HP but is more to stoping with full loan...MPV with full loan is hard to stop...Thats all...

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
well im using sumitomo aristo brake but so far i have no problem at all and the performance is far above the stock brakes. although is needs alot of engineering to install, but it worth every cent u pay. of cos u know all BBK needs bracket, just makesure the mechanic has experience installing BBK.

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
what car do you plan for this project? sumitomo for nissan (32,33 34) got quite a few of brake pads.

devilsrules

Known Member
Jul 1, 2009
4gbanger-I just dont wanna go thru the hassle of doing the bracket...:proud:...few of my frens has been using it so far thumbs up...in term of price and brake force...

MKMD428-No high HP or i should said not fast car as compare to most of u guys here...Toyota Wish only...

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
for me... upgrading to another OEM is best... cheap... pads are easily available... and ull usually have a huge choices of brands and types of brake pads.

problem with branded brakes is the pads replacement... like VTTR...i was told u can only use VTTR pads or custom pads with their calipers... dunno the truth in this.

other brands may have aftermarket pads from other brands.. but finding them may be an issue... and may be expensive.

and then theres also the caliper service kit.

as for ur toyota wish.... u just need to do a quick search in mudah.my and there are already a few readily available kits using OEM BBK.

like these:

Toyota wish 4pot disc brake complete set - Car Accessories & Parts for sale Selangor - Mudah.my

Brake disc 4pot convert caldina crz evo wish - Car Accessories & Parts for sale Selangor - Mudah.my

no need headache about bracket etc as theyre already pre-made.

devilsrules

Known Member
Jul 1, 2009
mADmAN-Thanks for the idea...I had did my research for the calipers u mention but I'm still thinking which option I still have rather then sticking on one...no doult those oem is still the best...but I'm also looking on some bling for my ride as well...

Any comment on Grippen? Saw a lot of inquries on this side but so far no reviews on it...can't even find their web page n that worries...K-Sport has been a lot of reviews here in our shore n out...so far good reviews...

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
to better get the brake with pads that r easy to get. if get the very rare one like grippen or willwood or stoptech or whatever but no pads are available then no use bro.. i would recommend aristo or if u want more bling, get k-sport.

Zeroshift

Known Member
Oct 19, 2004
to better get the brake with pads that r easy to get. if get the very rare one like grippen or willwood or stoptech or whatever but no pads are available then no use bro.. i would recommend aristo or if u want more bling, get k-sport.
Can i check with you, mind sharing how much does it cost you to change to the aristo brake?

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
bling can always be made... can just spray the caliper to watever colour... id be more worried about fitment and parts.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This year, Mercedes-Benz is celebrating it's 125th anniversary year and nothing more to kick it out with a video, featuring J G Francis, a dedicated Classic Mercedes-Benz restorer who lives in Los Angeles. He takes his passion from restoring Mercedes-Benz from the quote "The best or Nothing" from Carl Benz, in a Mercedes Motoring. Watch this video on how passionate he is in restoring Mercedes-Benz cars...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience